2-4 Range

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bellagion, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

It feels to me like this range set is overcosted. Combat champs with 2-4 or 3-4 range really suffer from having to spend ap to disengage but also don't really benefit from range (seeing as pretty much everything can gapclose to them with no problem). It seems like almost every combat-oriented champ with this range either has some other range-modifier (Deadly Tracker's Logistics: Range or new slag's Empowered: Range) or is unrunnable.

Also, why do units with 2-3 range even exist? They should be getting a discount at that point, because that range is way worse than being melee.

Daily reminder that these champs are still looking for a home in a bg near you:
    filcher.png demonologist.png

Lushiris likes this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2-4 range isn't just overcosted, it's also bad. puts a generally squishy ranged unit too close and makes them have to move every time they are engaged to deal damage. Why they keep slapping it on champs, i do not know. It's at least better than 2-3 range though, lol.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
  3. bambino

bambino I need me some PIE!

maybe to justify the cost would make em all,
    1-3, 1-4,, then theyd be useful,,, but other then that,,, totally agree with op

4. 15Deadmen

15Deadmen The King of Potatoes

once we change all units to melee and what range you guys have ranged units to be or fix the nora cost, someone's gonna ***** about that the 2-4 units are undercost/too effective, or that the game is boring and that sok ****ed up.

UNLESS you guys actually point out a possible solution for the devs to work on and the people to discuss.

that said, 2-3 champs are weird...just make them 1-3 and a slight nora bump MEANWHILE decreasing nora cost by removing bad abilities/adjusting ability cost/change possible abilities.

Pattn199 likes this.
  5. Bellagion

Oh, yeah. The solution here would just be minus a couple nora from the range cost of 2-4 in the formula. And change 2-3 to 1-2 or 1-3 as you said.

Axeraiser likes this.
  6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2-3 range is %^$*.

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I think 2-3 is the games worst followed closely by 3-4. It's possible those two should get some kind of discount. 2-4, on the other hand, is just your midrange dmg. If it's just bland 2-4 then it can be a pain but engaged vs 1 and 6 spd it can attack every turn. But when combined with some sort of mobility or range 1 non basic attack potential, it becomes a great font range since you can use the node to block.

It wouldn't feel as bad if there was more of it but everyone wants range 6 on everything so it maginalizes midrange as a strategy.

Lushiris and badgerale like this.
  8. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

look at imp
    he was 60 nora now he in 74

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

2-3, 3-4, and 2-4 ranges are just bad. The game needs less of this not more. These ranges should only be given in rare cases used as a tool to weaken a champ that would otherwise be too strong. The champs these ranges are on are generally shoebox though with very few exceptions. 2-3/ 3-4 don't just need a cost reduction they need to be removed from the game for the most part unless they plan on buffing the champs with these pathetic ranges significantly.

10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

lol u r so dramatic

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play ranked a little more and you will understand.

12. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

If you had played in ranked when range 6 was rare and 2-4 was more comon YOU'D understand.

But no, your narcissistic self-righteous persona will not even be able to accept the possibility of this and you'll reply with some passive aggressive entitled nonsense.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I actually feel like RNG 6 and high RNG in general was more common in the past. I mean 3-6 and 4-6 used to be the "standard" for ranged champions.

But it is probably true that 2-4 is less common now, and there's also the fact that even if as a %, a particular RNG doesn't increase, the absolute number will.

i.e. If there are two RNG 6 champions in every 10 champions, and that ratio is maintained, then having 20 champions would mean there are now 4 RNG 6 champions available.

That said, revamp did make RNG more expensive, particularly RNGs that span more than +1 MAX RNG, so 2-4, 3-5, 4-6 are quite expensive, relatively speaking.

But 2-3 is pretty awkward, I will agree with that.

14. Bellagion

I agree. Good analysis.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Seeker of the source says what's up. Only thing holding De'lim back right now.