[2015-02-04] Meta Usage by Rank

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Feb 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

BACK TO THE DUNGEON THE BLOOD OWL DEMANDS MORE...
    Oh wait.....

*receiving message*

He just told me....

Nvm, you're cleared for sleep! :)

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Also a reminder that this list inst precisely accurate. It pulls the last deck played. For example the Top 10 currently shows 0% for SP even though Konung79 is #6. His last game was a 2v2 in which he used a different deck.

Karmavore likes this.
  3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

can you parse the data by ff vs split? the presence of split data makes it harder to compare the popularity/power of the factions. imo

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Didn't farm his alt enough.

5. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

K'thir Forest was 3rd most common in top 10, 5th most common in top 11 to 25, 5th most common in top 26 to 100, and 5th overall in t0p 200.

Weird that the most OP faction to ever exist is used LESS than 4 "inferior" factions as of this one point in time.

I am most curious to see how things trend along from week to week and/or month to month.

Elves Rule likes this.
  6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

When people like MW24 can roflstomp people without thinking, a faction is OP.

#Nurfet

JellyBerry, Netherzen and SPiEkY like this.
  7. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

It would seem as if KF's so called "dominance" in the top 100 is being grossly exaggerated.

Elves Rule and PurpleTop like this.
  8. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Aw man I wish I had played more, ranked 217 :(

FW/SL Represent

9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I'd like to see the win ratios per faction that might be a bit more accurate as to which faction is dominant. I can gurantee even bad kthir players are winning 50% more of their games overall. Not saying k'thir is the only broken faction but to pretend it isn't even if you are a zealot is just insane.

10. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Yes @Sokolov pleased do this so that people stop complaining about KF being to "OP"

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  11. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

As we all know, most played = most powerfulest.

C'mon people, are you so new to pox so as to not realize this? Or is this more of a "well, see the meta data says my faction not most OPest, must be true"?

JellyBerry, SPiEkY and Tarabostes like this.
  12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

W/l ratio don't mean shiiii.

Don't you remember Gedden said trees were underpowered because they have a bad w/l ratio?

13. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

This does seem to contradict those people claiming KF is too good.

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I am an idiot and you are right.

Another thing it does show, is that Forsaken Wastes are grossly underrated.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    Netherzen likes this.
  15. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

How so? Looks like a middling faction at every level to me.

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

How is FW underrated?

Played the most by LL from 1-25, 3rd top played overall in 1-200. Considering all the whine threads we had from certain FW players (some who are no longer with us :( ), FW seems to be fairly popular.

KF you're probably right, 1-10 spots aren't really reflecting that much in the overall data sheet. I'll edit my post.

17. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

I guess this proves that players like mw24 and halfgodx are not crutching on kf,but are highly skilled players and that kf is not overpowered at all.

Because balance and popularity are the same thing.

Kf players are so smart.So glad you pointed out to the rest to us that kf is not problematic because of this statistic.

JellyBerry and SPiEkY like this.
  18. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

I'd disagree. KF has always been a midling faction in terms of popularity, and while I don't necessarily agree KF is miles above the curve as it is, taking the above results does not confirm nor deny the ability/power of a given faction.

The real surprise is UD, as popular as it is it's weird seeing it so unrepresented in the top 10.

19. Nea

Nea I need me some PIE!

That would make sense if all factions had equal spread of popularity, but they do not. UD has huge presence in general which diminishes slowly at higher ranks.

If anything a faction having higher presence in top 25 than bottom half of top 200 is a sign of it's strength.

20. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

The real op factions are st and id, which is clearly shown by them dominating high ranks, meaning thwy have better win rates.

Reason for it to "appear" like kf is op, is simpky because ofthe real op factions dominate the forums, ao they simply post more crap against their nemesis faction. Onviously biggerst streat to them now appears to be kf, judging from the forums.

This is what i have been trying to say all along. If u look at the champs and abilities, it seems ud and st are super stron (best ranged, best defence against melee/all (st) or ranged(ud)). If u then look at faction bonuses and compare to kf one, at least in a pure combat sense (u win games by combat), it seems ud and st are very strong, especially compared to kf.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.