2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Man I wish I could find the sources that I was looking at earlier, but lots of blocking on my work computer so it'll have to wait. But I think it has less to do with her actions, and more to do with the activists who support her... So my apologies for not clarifying that.

Part of the problem was that female activists supporting Hillary called out women basically saying "woman should support each other. Young women who support Bernie only do it for the boys", which didn't look good. Ill look for my source on that

Edit: Here is an article with numbers from yesterday
    http://reason.com/blog/2016/02/10/clinton-lost-young-new-hampshire-women

And another, pertaining to a different demographic

http://www.thenation.com/article/hillary-clinton-does-not-deserve-black-peoples-votes/

Edit 2: Closest article I could find on the subject I mentioned in the main body of my post:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-snooty-supporters-are-patronising-women.html

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
    DarkJello likes this.
  2. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

3. PurpleTop

Posted another article up there just now, but here it is again. I am not saying that the "Bernie bros" are any less sexist, but it would appear they are being less accusatory, which seems to be the main motive for the swing.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...-snooty-supporters-are-patronising-women.html

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Fiorina had been utterly useless for ages now. Christie is somewhat weird, since he scored points with beating up Rubio in the last debate. Perhaps donors and party want to funnel more resources in Rubio/Bush in a last ditch attempt to beat Trump/Cruz (Carson is done anyway and kasich seems to have no chance in a republican election).

Rubio certainly blew it in the last debate, but still doing better than Bush, who just doesn't seem to have a personality you can elect. His ideas and resume might be good, but since TV debates and interviews are so big, his performances hold him back too much. I suspect that he'd have been forced to drop out long ago if he didn't have such a high profile last name/clan.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Patronising supporters != The person they are supporting does not deserve your vote.

6. PurpleTop

So I guess I misrepresented my point. It would seem more like young women supported Bernie than they did Clinton, and the activists who patronized them only distanced the demographic further from Clinton.... While it is well known that young women have been a target demographic for the Clinton campaign.

Ohmin and DarkJello like this.
  7. PurpleTop

Somehow I always forget that I hate these threads. I'll stop posting

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It always sucks you in :)

Ohmin likes this.
  9. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I too am MOST unhappy with the idea of "super delegates". What do you suggest I or 1000 of me or 10,000 of me or 100,000 of me do about it?

Hillary Clinton might very well get as many delegates as Bernie out of NH, even though he crushed her like a grape last night. SMH. :(

10. DarkJello

Some people just want to watch the world burn. But I also want to eat delicious hamburgers, drink mt dew, spend quality time with my wife and kids, and other such things as I watch the world get a crispy from heat. Guessing that, as per usual, I won't get everything I want. Oh well. Can't win 'em all. :)

11. DarkJello

Never mind that zero % of America's worsening financial crisis is Trump's fault. I agree the charges would probably stick, but only because ignorance is king.

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Ironically critics throw the same sort of dirt at Obama.

13. DarkJello

Excellent point!! He deserves some blame, since he has been POTUS for more than 7 years. Repub and Dem politicians deserve some blame too.

But we the people are by FAR the most guilty/responsible for this monumental clusterfudge of failsauce. Dirt and poop get flung around too much.

14. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Honestly I think that's usually intentional.

15. Sokolov

Sure, but #thanksObama, am I right?

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Gotten married. Well, not the act specifically but...

You know, it's kind of funny to me. Albright spoke up for her recently. She talked about how women's equality still wasn't quite there and how you need to fight more, which makes sense to me and I can respect some of that. She ended saying that women who "don't support other women have a special place in hell."

And all I could think of was how Hillary went after all the women who were (allegedly) victims of Bill's sexual molestations (and even **** in some cases), calling them hussies and the like (and allegedly giving threats behind the scenes according to some).

Of course, the implication of a woman not supporting Hillary (regardless) going to a "special place in Hell" is already ludicrous, but given her own actions towards other women who could have used her support just makes it extra silly.

That said, I do expect the majority of women to vote for her based on her having a ******. I find that short-sighted but it's their choice. Not like people haven't voted for worse reasons.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

I got that mailing at least twice.

It's a matching fund drive. Someone has pledged to match a certain amount of donations. I've seen it before and not only for politics. Charities do the same thing. I get on the order of 3-6 of them every year.

DarkJello likes this.
  18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Incredible

19. Sokolov

The "Disappointed Mom" Clinton portion of this is HILARIOUS (starts around 3:00).

BurnPyro, DarkJello and Ohmin like this.
  20. PurpleTop

BurnPyro and DarkJello like this.