2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Got it. Words and actions of influential people don't have any real effect we should care about until that person has been president for almost 8 years.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Agreed.

Peeps are being way too reactionary. Trump is pushing their buttons, and they are falling into the trap.

A big chunk of this is probably the lightning speed and ubiquity of so much tech power in a pocket-sized space. Most of the extra yucky stuff gets splashed all over the world right away. Respectful and peaceful protests would harm DJT. Blocking traffic by chaining yourself to a car is putting innocents in danger. Just silly to the max.

Unless a shift happens, I predict The Don will be the R nominee.

StormChasee likes this.
  3. Sokolov

Some people, of course, speculate that these people are being paid by Trump, but I don't believe that. I think it's just irrational hate.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Sokolov

This video just showed up on my FB feed. Kind of interesting.

BurnPyro and IMAGIRL like this.
  5. DarkJello

You have raised multiple logical and valid reasons to oppose Trump. You have shared legitimate concerns about areas of weakness in DJT's stated goals--often the dearth of specificity. And you have made salient points about the complexity of the task for the next POTUS, and the economic clusterfudge I too believe is coming. (Folks really do need to get 72 hour kits and protection at the bare bones minimum). But I have NEVER sensed hatred or irrational fear--subjective I know--from your comments. That is not a surprise to any of the regulars here, but I wanted to be 100% open with my opinion. And those are a few of the reasons u still have my respect.

The protesters are only energizing a Yuge # of folks to protest them by voting for Trump. #Backfire

EDIT:

More brief vids r/t stopping traffic for an extended period in AZ today:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...nfront-leftists-blocking-az-highway-to-rally/

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016
  6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

If so those speculations are correct, he apparently has Tef Poe, a spokesman for the Black Lives Matter movement and leader of Hands Up United, on his payroll.

Tef Poe has evidently sent out a couple of tweets on the 16th. One suggesting that, if Trump is elected, that he and others will go out and incite riots anywhere they can.

The other, I assume a response to some comments on that, cited his believe that there would be "no more rules" if Trump were elected, and that BLM (and I guess Blacks in general) as a movement has been "too nice as it is."

Personally I find your conclusion much more likely. Irrational hate can be popular to some. It gives people direction, purpose, focus. It lets them blame others (pending the nature of their hate) for the things they feel are going wrong in their lives or in a more general sense, and (where applicable) escape their own personal culpability through redirection and projection.

It also is a passionate emotion, and gives people energy on a mental/emotional level (and through adrenalin and such, impetus to the body to use up stored energy).

Personally, I'm a much firmer proponent of rational hatred (obviously, only where applicable, it wouldn't be rational otherwise), if any. You don't get the escapism aspect of things, but you do get other benefits. Unfortunately, it's not always easy for people to tell the difference between rational and irrational, when talking about passionate emotions that they are feeling at the time.

Alakhami likes this.
  7. DarkJello

100% agree with rational anger. And I agree it can be tough to correctly discriminate it from irrationality.

But what is this about Tef Poe? Please elaborate.

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Make Bangladesh great again!

[​IMG]

Geressen likes this.
  9. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That is interesting. I looked up that election year, and hopefully the results will be the same for this election.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

great view, thanks

11. DarkJello

Why it’s time for a Trump revolution

By Michael Goodwin

March 19, 2016 | 10:30pm

My friends are worried about me. They insist something is not right and suggest prayer, counseling, even rehab. “Take a break,” they urge. “Get away for a few days and clear your head.”

They are wise and kind, and it would be foolish to dismiss their concerns. Truth be told, there are moments when I doubt myself. Am I making a huge mistake? Am I losing my mind?

Perhaps I am. My friends say that’s the only possible explanation for the fact that I might support Donald Trump for president.

The insanity defense is all that’s left now that the smart set has declared that it’s immoral and indecent to even think about voting for Trump. OK, call me immoral and indecent as well as crazy, because I’m thinking about it.

It’s been a long road to get here. When Trump’s name first popped up, I joked about moving to Canada. When he launched his campaign, I cursed him, certain he was going to create a circus just when Republicans finally had a strong field of candidates.

I was intrigued by many of them, starting with Marco Rubio, Chris Christie, John Kasich, Scott Walker and Jeb Bush. Others I admired while believing they wouldn’t get far — Ted Cruz, Bobby Jindal, Ben Carson, Lindsey Graham, George Pataki and Carly Fiorina.

I like those Republicans even though I’m a registered Democrat, just not that kind of Democrat. I voted for President Obama in 2008, believing he meant it when he said no red states, no blue states, only the United States. The barrier he broke added to his appeal.

Six months later, I was off the bus. It was already clear Obama had no intention of building a consensus on anything, although few realized he would be such a radical and partisan polarizer. He may love America, but doesn’t seem to like actual Americans. Other than himself, of course.

http://nypost.com/2016/03/19/why-its-time-for-a-trump-revolution/

This is another example of why Trump is winning, even though he is/isn't a republican.

12. DarkJello

13. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Not quite. I'm putting it in proper perspective. Trump is not any where as responsible as Obama is for the current climate. I hope that clarifies things. Maybe I should have written that earlier.

DarkJello likes this.
  14. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

When they resort to things like blocking traffic, they're interfering with other people who are out and about doing their daily tasks. People who may not even be going to the Trump rally or even care about it. I don't see that going over well. If they are not careful they will create a major back-lash against them.

Trump is really showing these people for what they are; intolerant tyrants who don't give a damn about the process or other people's rights. All they care about is the result their person wins. Ends justifies the means to them.

This is where Obama can say something that would really help. He should tell these people to stop interfering with other people's rights. Only time will tell if he'll do that.

DarkJello likes this.
  15. DarkJello

Obama was given the ultimate participation trophy in 2009, and now it is time he earn it.

16. DarkJello

Stop Trump Movement Gets Boost From Mexico's Efforts in U.S.

March 20, 2016

Mexico is mounting an unprecedented effort to turn its permanent residents in the U.S. into citizens, a status that would enable them to vote -- presumably against Donald Trump.

Officially, Mexico says it respects U.S. sovereignty and has no strategy to influence the result of the presidential race. Yet Mexican diplomats are mobilizing for the first time to assist immigrants in gaining U.S. citizenship, hosting free workshops on naturalization.

"This is a historic moment where the Mexican consulate will open its doors to carry out these types of events in favor of the Mexican community," Adrian Sosa, a spokesman for the consulate in Chicago, said before an event on March 19. In Dallas, about 250 permanent residents attended the consulate’s first "citizenship clinic" in February and another 150 in its second in March. In Las Vegas, the turnout topped 500.

Underscoring the fine line that separates participation from interfering in another country’s election, Sosa noted that the consulate only hosts the event but it’s community organizations who offer the advice.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ement-gets-boost-from-mexico-s-efforts-in-u-s

I wonder how many of the immigrants mentioned above entered the country legally? How many overstayed their visas? The Mexican gvt better pray to the Santisima Virgin that DJT does NOT ascend to POTUS. Those dirtbags are even more corrupt and vile than the average politician here. I won't shed a tear.

California allows non-citizens to obtain a driver's license, and then they can use that license to register and vote in national elections. Also, remember that the number of electors each state receives--out of 538 total--is based on the census. And the census counts everyone. The millions and millions of folks here illegally influence elections, even if 100% of them do NOT vote. So states with LOTS of illegals receive more influence and power than states with relatively more people obeying the immigration laws. So gosh darn many R and D politicians don't seem to care what the citizens of MuriKa actually want. They are just starting to hear us now.

Notice, por favor, that American citizens of every gender, and color, and age, and culture are one tribe, while those here illegally are in a different tribe.

If I wandered around Mexico waving an American flag, screaming about their gvt, calling the citizens racists... I would be lucky if they only imprisoned me. And then, if they found out I was there illegally, I would NOT be getting a bunch of "free" services or a pat on the back by politicians bringing me out of the "shadows".

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  17. DarkJello

Trump spent less to win more

03/21/16 12:44 AM EDT

As Donald Trump was racking up an impressive string of GOP primary victories last month, he was actually spending less than his nearest rival Ted Cruz and just a tiny fraction of his would-be general election opponent, Democrat Hillary Clinton, according to campaign finance filings.

The filings, submitted Sunday with the Federal Election Commission, show that, while Cruz and Clinton continue to amass campaign infrastructure, Trump mostly continues to skate by on a tour de force of splashy rallies, free media and Twitter taunts.

Trump spent $9.5 million in February, compared with Cruz’s $17.5 million and Clinton’s $31.6 million, according to the filings. They show that the biggest February spender was Clinton’s stubborn rival for the Democratic nomination Bernie Sanders, who spent $41 million as he desperately tried to keep pace with Clinton.

In fact, while Cruz, Clinton, Sanders and Ohio Gov. John Kasich (whose low-idling campaign spent $3.6 million last month) all increased their spending in February, Trump actually decreased his.

It’s a remarkable stat that’s a testament to just how completely Trump has defied campaign industry conventions. But it also worries Republicans who are not convinced that Trump’s bare-bones operation will fare well in a general election against a Clinton juggernaut that has spent nearly a year assiduously cultivating a major donor network, stockpiling cash and strategically building infrastructure across the country.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/03/donald-trump-fundraising-221030

(Highlighting my emphasis).

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Spent less, while spouting flip flops to get media attention.

Is it worth coming off as completely ignorant and uninformed on many topics to get media attention? It is in a Republican primary.

19. DarkJello

The top two R politicians spent 27 million dollars last month, to gain the votes of the ignorant and uninformed citizens.

The top two D politicians spent 72.6 million dollars last month, to gain the votes of the peaceful and intelligent citizens and non-citizens.

What you call a flip flop, is sometimes a walk back and/or a clarification and/or a misunderstanding and/or feigned ignorance by political opponents.

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Puhlease

let's not even pretend that Trump doesn't flipflop like Firk, all you have to do is read through this thread, plenty examples