2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'm going to pretend/assume this is how it is actually written in the law.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

God the right and their reagan years.

Its like everything in that global economic boost keeps being attributed to that one man. On top of that it's held as the standard for everything while there are numerous reasons why it happened than and not now.

But forget all that, let's just copy what Reagan did and kiss his feet each day, because we think one dimensionally. Every Rep debate candidates need to drop that name a couple times just so people know they're for real.

Sigh

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Trump rallies are so awesome

the best and most intelligent people attend

Or maybe trump just brings out the best in people

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I honestly don't get the obsession.

DarkJello likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's almost cult like at this point, it's just so wrong for so many reasons

Ohmin likes this.
  6. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Guessing cause he kicked some significant tail, back in the day. Many used to think Obama was the black Reagan. Now, apparently, HRC will be the female Reagan.

Lots of cray cray as french toast Americans from sea to shining sea.

7. DarkJello

AJAM’s David Shuster Exclusive: Hillary Clinton to be Interviewed by FBI Director Comey in Coming Days

March 30, 2016

Wednesday night, Shuster just reported on the 7:00 PM EST AJAM nightly newscast that the FBI has completed its examination of Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton‘s private email server after an investigation lasting nearly one year. The former Fox News and MSNBC reporter states investigators are nearing a verdict whether to seek criminal charges against the Former Secretary of State, Senator and First Lady.

http://www.mediaite.com/online/ajam...terviewed-by-fbi-director-comey-in-mere-days/

8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Watching Trump on MSNBC getting rekt by Matthews was gold.

Once more it became apparent that Trump has no clue what he's doing and still has no policies.

9. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Stop saying cray cray

DarkJello likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Is it driving you cray cray?

DarkJello likes this.
  11. DarkJello

I will honor your wishes.

How to Hack an Election

Andrés Sepúlveda rigged elections throughout Latin America for almost a decade. He tells his story for the first time.
    By Jordan Robertson, Michael Riley, and Andrew Willis | March 31, 2016

Photographs by Juan Arredondo

It was just before midnight when Enrique Peña Nieto declared victory as the newly elected president of Mexico. Peña Nieto was a lawyer and a millionaire, from a family of mayors and governors. His wife was a telenovela star. He beamed as he was showered with red, green, and white confetti at the Mexico City headquarters of the Institutional Revolutionary Party, or PRI, which had ruled for more than 70 years before being forced out in 2000. Returning the party to power on that night in July 2012, Peña Nieto vowed to tame drug violence, fight corruption, and open a more transparent era in Mexican politics.

Two thousand miles away, in an apartment in Bogotá’s upscale Chicó Navarra neighborhood, Andrés Sepúlveda sat before six computer screens. Sepúlveda is Colombian, bricklike, with a shaved head, goatee, and a tattoo of a QR code containing an encryption key on the back of his head. On his nape are the words “</head>” and “<body>” stacked atop each other, dark riffs on coding. He was watching a live feed of Peña Nieto’s victory party, waiting for an official declaration of the results.

http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-how-to-hack-an-election/

12. DarkJello

What is this rekking of which you speak? A link would be appreciated, to make sure we are on the same page.

13. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

On a related note, Chris Matthews used to be much more hit and miss with me. I'm not sure if he's actually gotten better or my perspectives switched or both but he seems to have gotten much better,

14. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Sokolov, I've seen those and various other charts before and I interpret them considerably differently than you do. I don't have the time or inclination to respond to every point you make, but I will cover a few things.

I don't see evidence of taxes going down for some time as you claim. Individual tax rates have gone up since the 1980s. The charts I was looking atalso don't factor in the increase due to the ACA (they didn't go recent enough).

One of your charts showed the historical tax income rate has been about 17 or so % of the GDP regardless of tax rates (usually a result of deductions offsetting the higher rates). Still the top marginal tax rate is important because every body has their level of it 'ain't f'ing worth it' to earn the next dollar. The reality is that if rich people aren't trying to earn more dollars, they aren't hiring people and that leaves more unemployed. Yes a stronger than normal international economy can mask bad policies. Unfortunately , now the international economy can't hide those types of mistakes.

You showed a graph of effective corporate tax rates. That chart proves to me our corporate tax system is at least triply stupid. The US has one if not the highest corporate income taxes in the developed world. Yet it doesn't yield the revenues. It doesn't because of the loopholes and deductions so you have the compliance and administrative costs of dealing with those. Three times being stupid; high rate, low yield and high compliance costs. Personally I would prefer to scrap that nonsense and let the businesses make decisions based on economics rather than taxes. In the long run usually the customer pays those taxes anyway in the cost of the item.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree. So I'll await the outcome of the WI primary on Tuesday. Polls suggest it could be pretty tight. I did see one poll that showed Cruz leading by about 10 points and Sanders leading by a narrow margin. Well we'll see.

BTW on a ***totally*** irrelevant side note the University of Washington women's basketball team is in the final 4 for the first time as are first timers Syracuse and Oregon State. (I got my BS from Washington to explain my interest.) Of course Oregon State has the joy of playing U Conn who has only won 73 games in row and 120 of the last 121 games by double digit margins. They are the 3-time defending champions. So if Washington does manage to get by Syracuse they will likely get their shot at U Conn (it could theoretically be a Pac-12 final, but I doubt it).

DarkJello likes this.
  15. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Top marginal rate (personal and corporate) actually barely matters because no one pays that rate. It's a red herring.

In fact, I think it's what those at that level want.

The US has one of the highest corporate tax rates in the world ON PAPER so they can tout it around and sell it to the public who don't see the nuance. But between loopholes, subsidies and write-offs, etc. no one actually pays that rate.

It's a scam. One that I think corporations are happy to continue using because in the end it just benefits them.

Astamir and Ohmin like this.
  16. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I like you Burn but you really have no idea how dangerous these Syrian refugees are. Sharia law is no joke. It is join us or die rhetoric. The few peaceful muslims are drowned out by the thousands of murdering sharia law fanatics. Trump is murdering his campaign by not having his committee filter what he says, but he is the only one that stood up and set fire to the issues that needed to be put forward this election. Every other candidate says they care about safety and the borders, but they are all for amnesty and open borders which is complete bullshit. I am aware that we have lost immigrants south of the border rather than gained and that most drugs are smuggled in tunnels. Flip flopping/racism/sexism aside Trump is the only one that has addressed the most important issue in America which is our safety. America and the rest of the world can act like little Maleficiaes all they like with PC/ social justice warrior crap. Most of you just sit in your houses watching your computer and playing video games all day. America destabilized Iraq and Syria because of CIA criminal elements that exist in our govt. The same thing happened with 9/11. Muslims are angry I get it. For everyone from my generation who goes to the library, reads, and pays attention you know what I am talking about. Americans u need to unite and quit all this PC, democrat/republican division crap. Realize that globalist criminal elements are creating all this racial crap to divide America. Trump inadvertently has contributed to racial division with his lack of tact and horrible statements on many touchy political issues.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

trump hasn't done anything except to give the grievance industry easy sound bites. easier to protest a trump rally than it is to fix the inner cities right? plus it gives all the liberal wannabes their 'protest' credentials. hell a lot of them are there just to be there with no real idea why. contributed to the racial divide? plz. trump does not care about your safe space but that's not burning a cross on the front lawn. contrived outrage doesn't count. just like that reporter who was 'assaulted'. without the tape she probably would have cried r@pe. its just all so tedious how the liberal left teaches y'all what to be outraged by. you want to know why trump is popular? its because the adult half of the country has finally gotten tired of your whiney asses.

StormChasee and DarkJello like this.
  18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

To be honest, these days I hear more people whining about people whining than people actually whining.

In either case though, dismissing other people's opinions and concerns as "whining" is something I would have hoped people would grow out of after high school. Instead, it seems to be part of the American psyche.

badgerale likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Gosh your whining abouy people whining about people whining is really getting to my peaceful place.

StormChasee likes this.
  20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty