2016 Primaries, Caucuses & Conventions

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Feb 2, 2016.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I mean, Trumo and Clinton are both twats. Weve established that by now.

Sucks to be you, murica

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

At least in Minnesota it won't be a big change to go to Canada. I doubt either one of them could screw up the country enough that I'd actually go, but it's still comforting to know that the weather there won't be much different.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the whole government is full of twats. at least if trump wins half of those twats will be moving to Canada, not to mention all the non government twats who will be moving there. Canada might actually have to build a wall.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Fair warning to you U.S. Americans, building stuff has long lasting psychological effects on national identity:

German tourists: Wir müssen Verteidigung graben! ANTLANTIKWALL!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dutch tourists: We moeten dijken en dammen maken!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Soon, American tourists: WE NEED TO BUILD A WALL!

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

yeah, you'll be stuck with all those ingenious trump supporters

[​IMG]

Astamir likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

get rekt kid

2x

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"make trump rich again"

8. StormChasee

StormChasee The King of Potatoes

Cute.

9. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Geressen likes this.
  10. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

IIRC Hillary has a large lead over Sanders, but it's not entirely clear what the results will be in the long run... or whether or not HRC can stay out of jail, as her legal issues seem to increasingly look worse for her... though this being politics it may be ignored for quite a while (which may or may not give Sanders any opportunity to elbow in).

Current polling forecasts puts Hillary to win California primaries, though the amount varies:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...nia_democratic_presidential_primary-5321.html

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/election-2016/primary-forecast/california-democratic/

How CA goes will help determine quite a bit in terms of party nominations.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I agree, there is no place for violence in the democratic process.

Also if the goal was to play "How low can you go" with my opinion on american politics can we stop now?

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Trump has never cared for truth. Nor do his supporters.

Then again, American politicians seem to get away with lying time and time again and the people don't punish them for it on the ballot. That's why they keep doing it. Man up and be like Belgium. Fire ministers when they Firk up and put another ****wit in charge.

Makorov likes this.
  14. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Russia today really doesn't need to put any effort into making the US look incompetent these days.

16. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

don't you mean the USSR?

oh wait

17. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

CA has a very large amount of delegates due to it's population (also a large amount of electoral votes in the actual election, but that's a side issue). It's relevant to the Primary.

Women and minorities, as I understand it. I haven't looked at the demographics for the actual votes however, only for pre-vote polling.

Agreed. Even if for no other reason than it'd be nice to have at least one person talking about issues during the actual election.

Timing matters. If it's late into the campaign and she's determined to be unqualified for the job, yeah, Trump might effectively win by default. Alternatively, if she's already won by then, she might be impeached (emphasis on might) and then her VP would become President (provided they still qualify).

If it's early in or before the general election campaign, I could see the DNC reaching out to Sanders to run in her place, or taking the opportunity to run whomever they wish (which seems just as if not more likely).

Basically, you're asking very good questions, and a large part of the reason they are good questions, is because many people, including myself, don't know what if any election laws would cover such an occurrence. We aren't in well-covered territory with such a possibility. While there are some instances of death preventing a candidate from campaigning (RFK being the most prominent example), an investigation is not a guilty verdict and investigations and hearings and all that take time. It'd hurt the campaign, but not necessarily kill it, not sure.

It would certainly help Trump though.

And it would certainly keep people from talking about policy.

18. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

Yea Obama took care of that his last two terms as a traitor America. Thanks Bush for getting it started for Obama to take care of the rest.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Obama betraying America by drone strikes in 7 countries, 20k bombs, trying to get healthcare for all, giving a fuvk about the environment/people and most of all, trying to close the gap between reps & dems.

20. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

It is forced healthcare no one wants. Obama abusing executive power like a dictator. Drone strikes lol. On who. Libya? Syria? De stabilizing countries that fight against Islamic extremists that Obama created. He created ISIS hahah. Obamas goal is to bankrupt the United States. The costs of this wonderful healthcare will be seen next year. you will get to see exactly how much the healthcare plan costs people. The same goes for the ridiculous lies being fed people about free college offered if you vote for Hillary or Bernie. Obamacare is a scam lol.