3 reasons you don't play - For those that don't

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Atherhog, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The meta is boring as you can only expect to face the same old meta decks over and over again.
    Lack of a new release and new runes to try out.
    The game has become boring.

2. Pasiphae

Pasiphae The King of Potatoes

1. Balance
    Between factions and inside factions balance is a mess.
    Nerds and buffs to get the game at a functioning state is to few and to far between

2. Some runes are not possible to obtain
    I want to play some different themes, but unless I am willing to spend real money on PoxPortal or other people I cant get the runes I need for teh armies I want to try to play.

3. CP
    The price of Tokens is horrid joke.

3. Tigre

Tigre New Member

1. I sometimes take a break when I have to deal with a lot of IS. Their units seem so survivable if I can't rush them. My elves aren't made for this..
    Other than that, I'm playing at a level where I doubt balance matters much.

4. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

1. Rune availability
    2. CP barrier
    3. balance

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

1. Improper balance (broken themes/rune costs/borked exo and above runes)
    2. rune accessibility
    3. I personally love throwing hard earned gold at tokens

6. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

1. Players council and dev arbitrary preferences creates imbalance and racism.
    2. Lack of diversity - some of my favourite stuff nerfed j the past due to whining top rankers (portal nexus for example)
    3. Too difficult to find good ranked matches. Too much focus in single player games draw players away from the real fun - to their and my loss.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

What I'm getting from this is that you're salty that broken rush mechanics with no counterplay don't give you free wins anymore?

With a possibility of "I'm now too bad to play the game".

8. polltroy

I dont know why i dont play so much, i tried to reply the post, those times i did play with my new deck, i was winning quite good % though.

These 3 points is what i feel is the problem with the game now, based on very few games played by me the past months.

9. polltroy

I would like to rephrase 1)

1. Players council and dev arbitrary preferences creates UNFAIR imbalance and racism

The problem with arbitrary dev and player council "balance" attempts is not that it is not perfectly balanced as a result, but that jt may be perceived as unfair balancing, due to the amount of time and/or money some players have put into some specific races and/or factions over the years. That some factions or even rqces work better in game than others is normal and part of the "game" trying to find an optimal choice for playstyle, preference and effeciency. But there must be some fair rules governing these. Like fair cost calculations of abilities and not "tricks" to go arouns those rules by giving certain champs that seems too effective some dummy abilities to make them cost more.

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Educate yourself on the word racism.

[​IMG]

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Educate yourself on the word "owned " as well.

12. polltroy

Why is it so important with "fair" rules for balancing, when we dont need perfect balance anyway? Reason is obviously because we have rebalancing that changes alot in something that players spent alot of time and/or money to aquire and master. If all runes were like when released forever and rebalance of races and factions was made only by intrducing new stuff, although we would have powercreep, at least it could be perceived as "fair" as no one is taikng anything away from you. With currect system with arbitrary players and devs totally changing the rules of game, making some stuff obsolute or just not fin, this process must be made in a way that can be accepted as fair in some kind of sense, otherwise alot of old players are just pissed off or lose interest.

13. Modoch

Modoch The King of Potatoes

1. Not enough incentive to sit in ranked for ten minutes for a game at my level
    2. Single player a bit stale for me
    3. Too much time playing other games (e.g. Skyrim, Hearthstone, poker, etc.)

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Buff IS

15. Michał

Michał New Member

1. I don't have any good runes
    2. I'm poor so I don't have the money to buy said runes
    3. There's not enough players online, therefore I only face people who have good runes, which is very discouraging

Basically, there's no players on my level (new), so I have no reason to play.

16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

1,2 and 3: I feel like im being played everytime I play this game.

17. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I have a three year old daughter
    I have a four month old son
    At thirty-three, I require more sleep than I did a few years ago.

Bondman007 and Rokkushun like this.
  18. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

Best reason in the entire thread

19. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

1) balance
    2) balance
    3) balance

20. Sepulcher

Sepulcher I need me some PIE!

1. I'm short on free time, and the amount of free time you have to dedicate to learning all the ins-and-outs of this game just to stay competitive is too much of a commitment for me.

2. Whenever I do get the chance to play, queue times are ridiculous and I have to wait around to get in a game with someone.

3. I spent a LOT of time desperately trying to simplify/soften the game for the influx of new players from the Steam re-launch, only to have any and all of my feedback completely ignored, downplayed and dismissed by the devs. Not that I'm anything special or a creative genius or "deserve" to be listened to, but I undertook some massive efforts in several threads (with the support and contributions of MANY others) to enact some changes to the game that would have put it in a much better position to succeed.

They fell not on deaf ears, but unwilling ears. So while I will always have heart for this game, it's tough watching it slowly die while all my efforts to save it have been pushed away.

Xiape, Bondman007, Baskitkase and 3 others like this.