5% for legendary really , really?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firk, Mar 8, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

When where you ever? I can´t recall a single positive post from you.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  2. Andralexis

Andralexis I need me some PIE!

Because, you know, developers need to eat as well. They might look like Owls to us but they are human beings with human needs.

What are they going to sell besides LEG's given the current situation? Right now Pox is not without its issues but so far the new F2P system is amazing.

3. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

You're going to have to explain this one to me because it makes zero Firking sense. With SOE's "f2p" it wasn't even conceivable to build a remotely meta deck. Now, nearly every rune is within reach for all players with the only cost being time.

F2P does not mean "I get everything right now."

4. Regulate

Regulate I need me some PIE!

Again, how do you get a legendary for a specific deck?

If you are going to say trade, please let me know how you're going to get the equivalent value to trade it.

People keep saying legendary runes are easier to get, 'within reach', or whatever. I don't see it.

5. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Well I'm just going to dig way way way back, when I started playing Poxnora.
    Which was in 2007, the new Training Grounds, look very similar to the ones from than.
    I played around 6 months in there before I even wanted to play ranked games.
    In 6 months time you can farm more than enough gold for a "Box" while just playing regularly, now with the improved campaigns it will be more interesting to try that too (and if I recall correctly they were thinking to let those reward runes too).
    Now I buy a box, I get lucky and I have a LEG (I bought 5 and I got 4 LEGs).
    Meanwhile I'm still playing the game, sometimes in ranked, sometimes in TG, sometimes some single player and bit by bit I improve my own BG to play competitively.
    In my opinion the new F2P system is amazingly well done.
    The owls still need to get bread on the table, you know.
    Motivating people to buy LE, boxes is a good thing, F2P yes, everything for free without effort, no!

Sincerely,

Josh753

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  6. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

How did you get them before? Trade for them or buy them. Now, eventually, you'll either get the legendary you want or you'll get something to trade for it (another legendary of equal value). This isn't rocket surgery, guys.

7. MageDKun

MageDKun Member

Free To Play has a new meaning :)

8. Regulate

But it used to be that you were GUARANTEED a leg of your choice after enough games with gold (which I always felt was about 3x too many games in terms of gold earned), or a random leg from a pool of 8 for 9 dollars.

Barring bad luck, you could normally get decent return on your money from the leg packs - it was still RNG, but somewhat tolerable.

'Eventually'. Either 30 dollars or 62 hours of gameplay for the gold for one box, which has a 5% chance of a leg?

I feel like everyone is being dismissive of this but i'm not sure why. I really hope that it's me misunderstanding something rather than you all feeling like this is an acceptable amount of time/money investment?

9. Poxbrothers

So let's say we're only looking to get LEG runes, right?
    Now first you could get never get LEGs trough gold, though you had the ability to get 1 LE rune for 150k gold.
    Now for 150k gold you can get almost 10 boxes of the core set, let's say you never beat the odds that would mean you would get 5 Legendary runes, right?
    Now let's say you good 2 of the more expensive LEGs and 3 cheaper ones, congratulations, you now already have your 150k gold rune back.
    Than keep in mind a bad box holds 2 exotics, so now you have another 20 exotics for free, around 80 rares and a shitload of lower C/UC runes to trade around.
    I would like to think that for a new player this sounds way more attractive than getting 1 rune (no matter how valuable that rune is) and on top of that you don't have to wait until you have 150k gold, you can buy your first box from the moment you have 16k gold, and one box gives you way more options already if you're not yet owning a lot of runes.
    You could argue that one 150k rune was worth more than 10 boxes, but for a new player to be able to buy something "interesting" with only 16k gold and even have the extra chance to get one or more LEGs with that is amazing in my opinion.

EDIT: also want to make sure that you realize it's 5% for each pack inside the box (so 10 x 5% chance for each box you buy).

Sincerely,

Josh753

10. Hekwit

Hekwit Devotee of the Blood Owl

My first single pack:

[​IMG]

11. Regulate

Your maths is appalling, it's 5 boxes :p

This part I didn't realise, sorry. My reading skills are appalling.

12. Poxbrothers

Well it is 16800 gold for one core set box so it's actually more around 9.
    If you buy extended set boxes it would be 5 though.
    But as I stated we're only going for the LEGs in my example (so not thinking about exotic values) in which case it would be better if you went for the core set (if I'm right that both boxes pick LEGs from the same random pool).

And you're welcome! ;)

Sincerely,

Josh753

13. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

My apologies, I was combining two issues in that post. First was the availability of legs. You may not be able to forge them, but if they come in packs, then their availability is dictated by who often you can get a pack. I'm using a lich deck as a measure of how 'bearable' the gold grind is. Under SOE (and poxbox) I was able to grind out a reasonable lich deck (no legs, except banner) in about a months time starting from 0 gold. So to compare that to this new f2p system, I will see how long it takes to grind out a similar deck. a month is hardly 'right now'.

@BansheeX It's funny, but with all my apparent 'negativity' I never received a permaban. Whats that like?

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. D B

D B Well-Known Member

I bought 3 Ext Boxes and got 6 Exotics none very good. I also bought 1 core box and got 1 exotic
    0 LEG so these crazy numbers people are posting still sounds crazy to me

15. Trill

Trill Member

Just bought 4 boxes with saved up gold and got well over 4 legs, a number of exo's do you see it now?

16. yaxdude

yaxdude New Member

i just got a box with a legendary myx slasher and an aspect of chaos with 2 exos to go with it .so my buddy logged in and and bought a box with a legendary kento plus 4 exos .... so we're not complaining with the odds good job desert owl .

17. Evilinge

Evilinge Well-Known Member

can anyone confirm, that legs are in core boxes too ?

18. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

If the legendary was first from the core box expansion range, yes they should drop as well.

19. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

People have reported back that they have indeed received Legendaries from core boxes.

20. Saka

Saka The King of Potatoes

this is advertised as f2p, as such they need to make it truly f2p instead of pseudo pretentious f2p, there's over a decade of online gaming examples on how pseudo f2p fails.

their biggest goal right now should be lowering playing cost, increasing accessibility with 0 restrictions, and drastically upping their player base. true f2p 101