A Complete Guide to Voils

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Paper Skull, Mar 21, 2014.

1. Wikiwikiwa

Wikiwikiwa The King of Potatoes

I don't think Skyhowlers are that much better than Screechers, and Voil Bombers are dead handy as well as being pretty cheap.

2. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Just a trivial note: Unstable Ground is amazing vs. Avatars. People forget their Avatar isn't immune to it (I have NO idea why... it's a life hack, I guess), and they just try to tread right over it. It has won me at least a dozen late games in my years playing Pox.

Also, does Drive still kill Perseverance champs? if so, it makes Whip even more useful, and you could definitely note that... it's something players used to overlook a LOT.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2014
  3. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

drive only killed last breath barbarians, never perseverance champion, because these are impenetrable

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I think you need at least 1x transporter and 1x lancer. Lancer offers on-demand mobility; transporter will make sceian much more mobile, which will make it more difficult for your opponent to predict where your next warcry is going to be. I also think you need at least 1x aoe, either avalanche, lightning storm, or echo chamber. I'd recommend avalanche, so you can cliff dive flying units, disrupt formations, and knockback into a rock trap. To make room for those 3 slots, I'd remove earthshaker's bracelet, 1x windstriker, and 1x voil jester. Bracelet is good, but a bit too expensive for immunity to 1 type of damage. Most bgs have a variety of damage types or ways to remove a 40 nora equip, so you'll probably find it's not that useful in most circumstances. Plus, w/ avalanche and lancer, you've got your knockback/disengage from melee covered. Windstriker is kind of expensive for what he does, which is being an anti-flying counter, although he synergizes well w/ sceian's lift. Finally, I find that one jester is usually enough.

Edit: I'd also probably remove zealotry and havoc's touch. It's good against FF groups, but lots of groups are splits these days, so that hurts it's usefulness. Havoc's touch seems too expensive. Compare these against peaks tactics (very useful in voil b/c they clump around warcries), suprise piez (50 hp healing for 30 nora and relics that can contest), a rock trap (can completely shut down a power turn), a 2nd whispers, slaver's whip (on-demand drive, possession, and cliff diving), or state of confusion (on-demand distract and confusion to bypass defenses, shut down surge upgrades, etc.).

5. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

You got voil queen and firebombers upgrades wrong. Voil queen should be def 2 and surge voil, as the summon is only good for boosting surge voil. For firebomber set ablaze and burn 3 are the best upgrades!

6. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

This thread has been unstickied as the request of the OP.

7. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

What doe that mean? Also, this thread should be updated.

8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

@Paper Skull requested that this thread be removed from being pinned from the top of this forum mainly because it was out of date.

9. PsiQ23

PsiQ23 Devotee of the Blood Owl

oh... ok then. thanks