A Constructive Guide to Spare Parts

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by aseryen, Dec 30, 2016.

1. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Not any perfect candidate after the GK, would want shielded on it would save alot of problems, so maybe ill get an elemental warstaff in the deck, they got nice abilities, but then i would lose a construct-slot. i also use goblin bandit to steal an enemy ability to add to my goblins if possible. i had no GK, so crafted another exotic and traded for 2 at poxbox with some rares.
    anything with adaptive would be awesome also, since its a spell spam deck, using blink on kingmaker/retic splinehawks to get double use of them, yeah alot of spells, almost no relics or equipment.

aseryen likes this.
  2. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Nice nice. UD is one of the least collected factions for me rn. If you want, Grab a Demonvein Vampire and use Consume; although perhaps that may take away from the main objective of deploying GK.

Consume on GK from Demonvein Vampyre can give you Rock defince; on Consume, via Groble. Ofc if GK doesn't get Consume you can the focus Demonvein vampyre as your Spare Parts Stat stacker. Gotta make the best of the worst

3. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

There's potentially a lot of problems with this. I'd have to try it out against people but against the computer it was stupid easy to put swarm:clockwork swarm on my whitestone gargoyle, who was 7 speed (8w/lodestone armory nearby) with medal of valor so could pop you from up to 9 spaces away with preparation at max and have ever escalating damage. It required no set up just the willingness to melt down my clockwork swarm to bestow his abilities onto the gargoyle to make a much more problematic champ.

aseryen likes this.
  4. aseryen

That's the intention of Spare Parts and mostly Constructs are balanced/designed with their upgrades adjusted to compensate for Spare Parts/Bestow; at least I think it's kind of a design note whenever creating a new Construct: "oh hey btw don't forget Bestow from Spare Parts can be OP" is prolly stickied somewhere for the devs. At least I hope so.

I started this Spare Parts campaign more so to talk about the mechanics and abilities that I like, it started when I posted about Dampen and it's removal which boiled down to lack of player knowledge; I'd like to avoid this reason when looking at runes, especially when the knot is on the other end of the rope.

Constant change creates no baseline for players or devs which is why I have taken such a focused examination of Spare Parts.

[Edited]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017
    Tubesox likes this.
  5. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

Oh so fun when people rage quit after being slaughtered by a multiattacking cleaving Bastion the avenger. Spare parts are so fun!
    Feels mean to lure the enemy to kill my constructs and have bastion, pureblood, barb exemplar standing ready to get buffed up. Not sure if the spell Melt Down are worth using, the Nora-math says hell no, -30nora and just keep 50% of the cost of the construct. But the control of when to get the spare part buff is good.

aseryen likes this.
  6. aseryen

Placeholder

Last edited: Sep 30, 2017