A "nerf his stuff plz" thread, but backwards

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Elves Rule, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

What runes from the factions that YOU normally play are OP and need to be nerfed. Be honest. Also, only one of your suggestions can be a troll one.

For me, KF:

Fiorn - No KF champ should hit that hard, the idea is that they're mobile but weak.
    Warspirit - Why is this 7spd with ethereal? Though to be granted it is a split rune, which complicates things...
    Reclaim - I don't have too much of a problem with this, but whenever I use it people groan, so I guess it's cause I'm never on the recieving end.
    Rally the herd - As soon as centaurs get a buff, which they need, please give this a ticket for the nerf train.

Please no complaining at people "what about XXX", this is a general approximation of people opinions from what they can remember off the top of their heads.

Alakhami, Capricis and voodoov like this.
  2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

For SP Moga Cannon - The combination of encouraged and artillery is just too much!

I cant think of much else apart from that.

3. Elves Rule

Meh, why not.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Nerf NKD still a pain to kill

5. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Pirahnids hit a bit too hard and could use a rework for sure.

Boghopper is way too efficient at 66 nora. He already is a big impact meta unit and if poison bgs are ever a "thing" again he could end up being suffocating to the meta. (Though I am sure someone will insist he is oppressive now.)

6. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As I said in another thread, Boghopper Toad should probably cost 4-6 nora more than it does, based on stats.

7. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. When @Markoth shared the old costing formula I ran all of the ST, FW, and FS runes through it and found that the boghopper looked a bit undercosted. But that may simply be because the equation has changed.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Stitched Monolith needs looking at, imo.

9. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Why we don't talk about stuff that should be buffed ?
    Why do we have every day new topic about nerfs and 0 about buffs ?

10. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Because there's still tons of stuff that needs to be nerfed.

Pedeguerra and SkeletonKing like this.
  11. Indijanac

You nerf for example some op beast and she gets balanced.
    Then lets say you find boosted beast is not balanced and you nerfed that as well and make it balanced , but what you did with that ? You nerfed that beast that you balanced cuz you nerfed thing that make he playable and now she is shoebox.
    Then lets say you go even futher and nerf faction bonus and you killed that beast that was first balanced , then shoebox and now dead.
    So you need to buff stuff as well.

12. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Yeah, once we're done nerfing.

13. Elves Rule

Oh, I see, so we just make sure that every faction has equally OP runes, and then every faction uses about 5% of it's runepool. That's much better than slowly knocking down every OP champ that we encounter until it's all equal, and almost every rune is useful and won't almost loose you the game if you play it. Glad you suggested this so we can save all this time.

14. Indijanac

Reason eludes you
    Yea today's meta cheap runes with high stats .. ohh the fun in that , really can't stop playing the game cuz its so fun.Nerfing pays off
    Btw it was sarcasm.

15. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Currently playing FS, hippo stampede still problematic.

16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Erm, we do have conversations about stuff that should be buffed. Heck, there was that whole "5 SPD Champs" thread the developer started. There was the talk about making Cyclonic Fesh Ranged (which some are more or less happy with the results on), there's a very large discussion focused on buffing the Salaman theme in the FS forums...

And so on.

It's just that we also have lots (and lots) of discussions about nerfing stuff as well.

17. Elves Rule

Indeed, and I thought that instead of everyone yelling at each other to get champs they don't use nerfed, they should think about their own faction first and maybe actually listen to other people instead of arguing blindly against them.

18. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

CV could use a shorter duration on the Draksar multi attack part of the spell.

Because CV.

And while you're at it, throw a dumb ability nobody asked for on Marine to jack it's cost. If I remember correctly Combat Awareness worked pretty well on Bok Raider.

SPiEkY likes this.