A possible change to Hallowed Ground/Angel of Protection

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by potatonuts, Feb 14, 2015.

1. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've been noticing recently that an AoP with hallowed ground will heal after it cleanses unlike the description text which reads 'At the start of your turn' for both instances. This seems to be inconsistent when compared with intensify which also is described to cleanse and heal at the same time.

When an angel intensifies whilst being inhibited or decaying the heal occurs at the same time as the cleanse, so if they are inhibited it is canceled out and if they are decaying they will take the corresponding damage. Unlike with Hallowed ground which somehow seems to cleanse the champion before healing despite the description suggesting otherwise.

The change i suggest is simply to correct this by making sure that the cleanse and heal will go off at the same time to make sure any existing effects should still apply properly.

I know with the proposed nerfs some people may disagree with this and that is why i posted it to the IS forums to hear your opinions on why that is.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

This is most likely a bug.

Prevamp Angels would cleanse, THEN fully heal.

Also, it goes off of deploy order, so if the Angel is deployed first, she'll cleanse first.

3. Ujelly

Ujelly I need me some PIE!

NERF plz 2 OHPEE

4. potatonuts

You lost me a bit on that last sentence, deployed first in reference to what?

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I read this super late last night, but let's say I deploy IS Angel then you deploy Dead Fairy. You hit my Angel, she gets diseased, but then she'll cleanse before it does damage (or it should).

6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I havnt noticed it myself but I think he is saying that Intensify is taking priority over Hallowed Ground so if the opponent tags her during their turn with with inhibit she is still inhibited when she tries to Intensify and then cleanses and heals from trail after.

7. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'm so confused my brain hurtz.

8. potatonuts

That is more or less the case, whereas the ability descriptions suggest it should all happen simultaneously.

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So I don't understand what you want.

#brainhurtz #dwarfscantdrink

10. potatonuts

For Hallowed Ground to stop healing after cleanse instead of at the same time like the ability descriptions say it should.

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If anything, Intensify will get fixed so that it cleanses before it heals. I doubt what you want to happen, will happen.

12. potatonuts

Considering Sok has already said that angels are on the watch list i doubt he will be buffing them any time soon, besides my point is that Intensify works like the text describes it which makes me think it doesn't need 'fixing'. They either need to fix the text or the ability, you can't just have unexplained crap going on all the time.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2015
  13. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

The cleanse SHOULD go off before a heal. Otherwise that's just stupid. This is a pointless conversation because you're biased against it, and i'm biased for it.

14. potatonuts

Why? The Cleanse ability says the champion is cleansed and then healed, it specifically states that the cleanse comes before the heal. Intensify does not specify but describes the cleanse and the heal occuring at the same time.

The only thing I am biased for is abilities working like they are described.

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Okay, I agree. @Sokolov make it so Intensify and Hallowed Ground say they "Cleanse then Heal".

16. potatonuts

@Sokolov or nerf hallowed ground appropriately :D

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It is getting nerfed.