A toast to the Legends!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bondman007, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Faeria is nice, I played it for a couple days and grew tired of it. Even with Pox being in the state it's in, I'd take it over every other game in it's genre.
    Nothing will ever compare to it, sadly.

Tweek516 and nepyonisdead like this.
  2. DrSteve

DrSteve I need me some PIE!

Old guy who doesn't play anymore here, just wanted to shoutout some other old lads (not sure how many still play) who I loved playing with/against:

Dmr
    Devrn
    Neil
    Hobbes
    Movntarget
    MadHobbit
    RasielCZ
    Bellagion
    Reaper
    Yobanchi
    BP
    Luvadata
    Warfoot
    Destorum
    Gaverion
    Markoth
    Baskitkase
    Zmoiz
    CorpsE

Disgusting KF players I could tolerate:
    Zorbot
    Karmavore
    Chris0024
    Thered
    Xirone
    TheNidhogg

Shoutout to some of the villains:
    Smoking88
    Heajmac
    MMcnally
    MarkXXwhatever
    Iajabmaka

I'm sure there's a ton more awesome people I'm forgetting but shout out to all the homies that made this game a blast to play.

zorbot, Bondman007 and xaznsoulx like this.
  3. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

My list would have to be:
    Caine - good buddy of mine, and easily my favorite player to match against, always made me think outside the box and come up with creative ways around his BG's. Really miss having him around.
    Princeleaf - Really paved the way for unconventional styles of play, also a good buddy of mine, always a pleasure to chat too.
    Ipox - speaks for himself really, god amongst men. Always breaking the game.
    Kithros - One of the greats to play the game, an absolute pleasure to watch.
    TheRed - I mean, I stole his Firking catch phrase. After observing him stomp top players with KF I fell in love, and never looked back. MEDIUMALLTIME<IMBESTALLTIME
    Shazara - In this era of pox I really didn't see anyone on this guys level. One of the best to play the game IMO.
    Soulfear - I mean as much "mystery" this "person" shrouded him/herself in, he was pretty Firking good, even if he/she played super champ bgs. Surprised no one has brought him/her up yet. Lmao.
    Kthx - Again one of the best players to touch this game.
    TinyDragon - Insanely consistent over many years. In terms of W%, best player to touch pox.
    Hashinshin - While he's trolling league of legends currently, he also graced PoxNora at one point in the same fashion, being the ultimate zealot for SP.

Probably more I can add later, but that's my list for now.

4. defypain

defypain The King of Potatoes

dam people really exposing alts now, this game must've really died.

5. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

some unorthodox players on that list, prince was the king of the shrine rush, an ipox the king of the combo.

neither of them could play the game for Bane Shift though, playing legitimate games against them with standard decks was like playing against any random provi with a starter deck.

ether way loved those guys, would always result in an interesting game, trying to break their combo's was always a joy, even if it was frequently impossible in some cases.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
    nepyonisdead likes this.
  6. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I’d like to credit the player who deployed one or two champs, then caused my full screen to explode in a whirling spiral mosaic for a couple of turns.

Then my shrine blew up.

Still reeling from the shock and no idea what happened five years later.

Nice.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Thank you for the toast.

8. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Leaving out redundancies, Soremist was also good

Honorable Mentions:
    MaxCyrus
    Dondonbow
    Fattx
    Shrinemaster
    Walrussy
    HUGZ
    mmrv
    Vorian
    Bobbyblojob

BurnPyro likes this.
  9. Fentum

I THINK it had something to do with a centaur regulator, forcing me to generate Nora, recall, energy overload, etc.

It certainly was a very pretty way to lose.

10. Fentum

i like my toast with Tiptree Little Scarlet Strawberry Jam.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Exactly man, it was always a pleasure to play them, when they were in their respective elements. Really taught me ways of effectively dealing with people who played things like ethereal pool/basic trick decks. If anything beyond them being a joy to watch they were great pseudo-teachers if you knew where to look within their playstyles. Mostly unavoidable but not without hope.

12. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Reminds me... Who came up with the infinite Diplomat (when they would pacify everything if two were in play) and truce perma lockdown? Was it Truce? Wow, there's a guys name I haven't seen mentioned in a while.

13. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

wasn't truce somebody's alt? i forget who

14. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Mine

15. Ryvirath

Ryvirath The King of Potatoes

Thanks for the toast. Pox was truly an incredible game in its prime, unmatched even today. It was always a shame to me that LoL and DOTA took the esports crown when Pox was infinitely more sophisticated/nuanced.

I've recently been toying with the idea of buying all the IP and relaunching it on a Loom Ethereum sidechain, but that's probably just nostalgia and the desire for the return of something that will never be. Thanks for the good times man.

16. Bondman007

Wow man, great to hear from you! You and Kithros were my two favorites. I was always watching you play and loved how you would dissect your opponent. Always great stuff.

BTW, I seriously believe you could get a following on the movement to buy the game. There have been quiet a few players that have suggested they would support such a movement.

What are you playing these days??

Good seeing ya,

17. Bondman007

I hate to even ask, but are you serious?

18. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Ya

19. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

but how is that even possible when the devs refuse to communicate with us? Even Sok seems to have vanished.

20. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I mean I don't blame him tbh, they're not paying him to be here.

Tweek516 likes this.