About The New UI Changes...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prami, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

OMG GROSS...!

Change it back... Change it back!

DOG changed only the attractive UI elements? WTF?

At least make this kind of stuff a choice to be set in the options panel.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  2. GIFTbr

GIFTbr Member

I gess that cant be helped, its like xbox controler VS mouse+keyboard (old ui VS new ui) got it?
    if they change it, must be to everyone.
    But i like the change, why you gross that much????

3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I remember when they took away champion bases. At first I hated it, but I got used to it. Now, I dont even care about the bases one way or another. Just give it time. Change almost always takes time to adjust.

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

I agree it looks worse but it's not that big of a deal...

5. stfn

stfn Member

...What change?

6. PharumM

PharumM Member

yea i must say its worse look now :/ but yea no biggy i would love to have option to togle bases
    bases ware quite cool

7. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Anyone have a photo of the changes? I am at work and have no clue what changes are being referred to.

8. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

I believe we are talking about the updated stat icons? I haven't noticed any other changes yet.

I also have to say that I find the change confusing. It doesn't look horrible now, but I kind of fail to see why this change was necessary, and I thought that the previous icons looked very good. Maybe it was meant to increase clarity, but it really doesn't seem all that different to me in that regard.

9. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

Apparently they thought it would be better to just remove that unnecessary layer of backgrounds that make it appear like the numbers aren't just slapped somewhere they don't belong...
    This is the only change I've noticed so far.....it seems backwards? Like you should be adding the extra layer so that you have a place on the template for numbers to be displayed, not just slapping them on the multi colored rune backgrounds.

Attached Files:

Prami likes this.
  10. Prami

From this. [​IMG]

To this. [​IMG]

Who thought this was a good idea? Let me take a moment to assure you that it wasn't.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2014
  11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I think that it looks crisper. Maybe it could use some work but it isn't that bad.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  12. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I'm confused what the gripe really is. I mean, I'll agree with Zenity in saying it doesn't seem that much different.

13. Modoch

Modoch The King of Potatoes

I for one like it, think it looks cleaner.

14. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I like it.

15. Gaiaix555

Gaiaix555 Member

I have an awkward sized monitor, so I couldn't read the numbers at all. I am glad the new change brought them up a bit, so that I can read hp without having to check maxhp, minus damage, and then try and do other crap.

I'm for it.

16. Vaayshan

Vaayshan Member

I love the new UI, it looks more ''clean''.

17. Prami

It only looks cleaner, because the second photo is one i took on my own computer, graphical enhancements and all.
    Obviously, i couldn't take a new picture of the old UI.
    For example. Here's the FS map rendered with all the detail i could render it in (easily). I'm willing to bet that yours doesn't look quite the same.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  18. spe720

spe720 The King of Potatoes

but the old damage icon with it's motion lines was so pretty!

I don't know why I got so annoyed with this at first. I still think it looks strange though.

19. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I kinda like it to be honest.

20. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

I like it, but I think the icons could be a little bit bigger. I don't mind if they snuggle.