Adaptive KF

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by TheBulwark, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I still disagree with how you run aspect of life and splinehawk, along with the whole metamorphing your own champs bullshit.
    But hey you can run fun noncompetitive stuff if you want.

2. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I made a deck like this and have Centaur Regulator in as my Shatter unit. She's a decent target for Centaur Banner and, with Spell Aegis upgraded, creates some decent opposing spell hate. Centaur Banner on a Centaur Regulator (w/ Spell Aegis), and Fae Dreamer in play gives the opponent a lot of reasons to not cast spells while you spam them.

3. MaruXV

MaruXV Corgi Lord of FW

asd.gif

tweaked a bit. actually with this version hawk isnt that useful so i got back trickster for shatter and some tricky tricks. having a good number of faes i got back also concordance, that's always a good spell.
    the grim mirror usually goes to copy adaptive champs proccing adaptive too, but if you are in a stallish situation why not double up your bliss? or triple it out. 3x creativity is strong^_^

4. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Do you ever find yourself running out of champs or is it easy enough to consistently avoid death and get your champs big enough? how many adaptive champs do you put out before you feel comfortable to start the spell spamming? The Boghopper adaptive bg I was running ran a lot of cheap champs and nora gen spells so while your guys get big, it has a rush/semiswarm playstyle built in. So any playstyle advice is appreciated as this minimal champs maximum spells style is a little out of my depth

5. Elves Rule

I will admit, having to pay 10 nora to mulligan when you have 0 or 1 champs does stop you deploying on turn 2 a lot. Part of the reason why i run frond/sporegill.
    Apart from that, playing with a small champ pool is fine with adaptive. If you lose too many adaptive units, it doesn't matter if you have more to deploy, you've gone and ****ed up and probs lost. Because of this, the adaptive I run will often lose to a good rush. It's great it midgame or drawn out lategame scenarios though.
    As for when to stop deploying, 3 is almost always enough to win a game. 2 can work fine, but 1 is probably too few and if you only draw 1 or get rushed have fun, you're probably screwed.

The way that I run KF adaptive is very different to what FS sounds like. KF does not have as much nora gen as FS, in fact it has barely any. I run cultivate the earth mainly for grass, not nora. I play to stay alive. Whatever happens, keep the adaptive units alive. The other guys can be sacrificed as much as you want, but keep the adaptive guys alive. KF adaptive champs are generally high speed, so with swiftwind/light as a feather you can double tap very often. This leads to some wonderful maths of "how many spells do i need to play to kill his guy" hopefully also accounting for favor. And then you just chose those spells to hinder his efforts to kill your units as much as possible.

6. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Ah, I just played a couple games and totes played wrong lol not in ranked thanga!

7. Elves Rule

I mean it might not be wrong, possibly you have found a way to play adaptive in a different way that's more effective.

8. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I believe I played against @TheBulwark last night as he was developing his BG.

I like the sound of all this tricky malarkey so I will have to look at it.

My FAVE low champ count BG is my Bunny deck with 7 Bunnies.

MaruXV likes this.
  9. Elves Rule

I did a bit of maths and decided that 7 is the smallest amount of champs you can run with still having a good chance of getting 2 champs by turn 2. Unfortunately, it often then doesn't get a 3rd champ for a few turns.
    You could run 6, and with mulligan would probably always be able to deploy on turn 1, but then there wouldn't be a good chance of a follow up, which will cause you to lose games.

Tweek516 and Fentum like this.
  10. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

If you saved them, could you post some of the numbers please? No worries if you didn't - I'm fine crunching them myself, just being lazy.