Advise on Poison bg!

Discussion in 'Forglar Swamp' started by jolls, Apr 18, 2014.

1. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

2. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

As far as poison goes it look quite nice. But you should look into trading out 2 of those champs for some form of magic damage or else FW will shred your already weakened BG to pieces. Ethereal counter is needed in todays meta. I would also replace tortun broadside with a privateer captain if you can afford it.

3. rickyjpen

I would also consider picking up a second poisonous fumes. Other then that it looks quite nice :)

4. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

I tried privateer captain, slam goes very well but it blocks my champs to leap, taking out this advantage.

do you think this is better?

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPctcdLc2@CpaC8UchYChncjUcoHC5qc6Vs1s6Ts1PS33S46rNrWR2xEY

out:
    1 x bogwood mireoak
    1 x salaman trapper
    1 x marsh song
    1 x tortun broadside

in:
    2 x tide master
    1 x poisonous fumes
    1 x privateer captain

is there another ranged slam or knockback champ that i'm missing?

5. Kimiz

Kimiz Active Member

It looks very playable this way.

You could possibly try Snaptooth Ancient, he can upgrade Poison Eater and has Poison Cloud aswell as a good ranged magical attack.
    He starts as expensive but you can use Blood for Nora every now and then and heal him back with Eater.

If you are having problems against resistant champs you could also try to include a Land Canon or Hippo Stampede.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
    rickyjpen likes this.
  6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You want double privateer captain because they bring a lot of non poison damage and at the same time they help with the theme, also, it triggers ally KF on marsh warden and toxic anuran, and they need that extra efficiency to compete.
    I would remove erode and font eruptions to include monsoon, undertow and drown, and I would find a couple slots for PHS and/or tortun land cannon.

7. rickyjpen

I think this is a fantastic fix but as kimiz stated replacing the tide masters with snaptooth ancients would be a superb idea!

8. GabrielQ

9. rickyjpen

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

If your going for pure annihilating poison dmg at its maximum run 2x circadian arcanist, 2x revolting fentek. Against something with 1 armor a circadian arcanist with 20% poison amp and a revolting fentek or a mushroom out will hit the poison vulnerable opposing champ for upwards of 24 poison dmg a hit. Circadian Arcanist is great in any deck where u need alt dmg because she can gain any type. Here is my deck.
    http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/ctCdLCgAco_cijC8UChYChnCjUcoHC6Vs6Ts4Us33S46s7qs3vrWR2xE1H

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  11. rickyjpen

Not a terrible idea having to equip her with tidemaster's bandoleer however can be a nora sink especially in the earlier parts of the game.

12. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

I agree with you on the nora sink part. Once your set up and you double tap a vulnerable champ with her poison dmg it is so worth it. FS has so much water gen runes or things that trail slime/water most of the time i dont have to put bandoleer on her. I usually have mindwarp frog follow her around or include a tidemaster or a circadian vault to give surprise lightning dmg to my champs. I deploy arcanist mid game never early game.

rickyjpen likes this.
  13. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

14. GabrielQ

FS has no cleanse, and while sacred temple is a fine relic for contesting, I prefer to run the more aggressive options rather than a subpar cleanse. I do that in my meta and works fine. Bubble also works like a cleanse, or kinda, as it can throw off a kill.

15. rickyjpen

Ahhh makes sense never thought about whether or not FS had cleanse xP. I usually split with FS.

16. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

GabrielQ i'm trying your bg and i think i'm doing all wrong, loosing all the games :(

I dont know how i must play, what champs throw first... how to deal with ranged champs... because

I was triing to force enemy to go into de traps but... its all previsible.

How can i work with privateer captain, he is good but i think it's too slow and hasn't got high range.

17. GabrielQ

@jolls So for that bg, the trappers are essential, you have to stack your traps where you know the fight will be happening to be able later of using them. After the trappers, you'll want to deploy augurs and tide masters. In a midfont, be sure of having water in the font to be able to undertow kill the contestor. The rest of the champions are more for when the game drags a little, or, if you didn't draw a trapper in a midfont map, the privateer captain will be able to stall in his place.
    If you are set up, anything your opponent can throw at you will be gibbed, but at the same time, you cannot go foward because you are likely to be outranged, so you'll have to try to go for side fonts to split up things, or you can try to back up to bait your opponent into the trap zone.
    To make things easier for you, try to include 1 or 2 stitched concealers, that will bring a lot more stealth to your side, http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CgPctC8OCpac8UChYchnCjUcoHC5qc6Vs1s6Tsds4US46S5Bs3vrNrWr2xr2a

This will make the bg a bit more meta but still with lot of poison and the added stealth (try the cloak upgrade on concealers) will give you an edge.

18. jolls

jolls Well-Known Member

Thanks GabrielQ, i think i'm very bad... lost 6 games in a row :(

I've played few 1vs1 games only 50 and i don't know why i'm at exo rank, i'm playing against people that have more than 2k or 3k games... i have to think that it's normal... but it's not fun at all...

19. GabrielQ

don't worry about losing! just do your best, the flaws of the rank system aren't you own and nobody (should) expect you to start winning right away, not even you.
    I sure hope my longest losing streak was 6.

20. rickyjpen

Yea my longest losing streak was like 20... LOL you always start bad but you will get better mate :) If you ever need help let me know I am Elusinator and rickyjpen. I can try to the best of my capabilities :)