Agenda 21

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by super71, Feb 18, 2017.

1. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I haven't read through all of it yet, but i'm curious on what all your thoughts are ? It initially seemed like utter nonsense and didn't seem real but it is indeed a real thing.

Just wondering I guess if anyone has heard of this ?

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I don't understand what you are asking. Yes, it's real.

It's basically a document of things countries can do to try and improve sustainability.

Yes, the Republican party has politicized it in the US by suggesting that it is somehow the UN mandating things to the American people, but since it's non-binding and voluntary, it's really more of a "Hey, here's some things we think are good ideas, do you want to try and do them?" (With the hilarious part being that many of these things are already things first world countries have been doing.)

So when politicians put forth legislation that says "we won't do anything in Agenda 21" it means, "we won't try and do anything for sustainability because of politics, not because of whether the individual goals and ideas are good or not."

So opposition to and attacking Agenda 21 is basically just a way for politician to score points and has no real impact.

Which is par for the course for what a lot of the GOP does anyway (and apparently Trump's EOs follow this tradition of being loud but ineffective), so I suppose it's to be expected.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  3. super71

Many different interpretations of how agenda 21 is looked at though. A lot of people are tying this to the nwo and similar conspiracy theories. One theory suggested the U.N. wants to impose this by sending immigrants from poor countries to counter balance the way of life of Americans and Europeans. I'm not totally sure about any of this, but it seems like an interesting topic.

4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I dunno man ignoring the issues written in it seems like a dumb thing, why don't we all read it: https://sustainabledevelopment.un.org/content/documents/Agenda21.pdf
    and get back here and see what exactly we disagree with.

any particular section you want to focus on?
    seems a bit silly to focus a conspiracy on a non-binding document of stuff related to sustainable development but I guess that the enviromentalist conspiracy card just gets dealt to someone every round. not saying you @super71 is playing it but as you write it seems someone did and you found it worth looking into.

as I see it most of it is statements with a little bit of motivation backing it and later it goes into how to try and work using those statements as a basis, take for instance the first two sentences of chapter 2, section B paragraph 2.19:
    I agree with this statement. I will probably agree with most statements in the document but have not read enough about the implementation suggestions to say anything about that. also the wording can be a bit confused sometimes but that is just how it goes.

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Is there any credible evidence to this?

As in the UN, the most powerful nations hold the most weight, it seems pretty far fetched to suggest that exactly these most powerful nations would shoot themselves in the foot.

6. Sokolov

Oh, it's the "white genocide" stuff. Well, a lot of that has to with fundamental misinformation and misunderstanding of immigration. No country is an open door like these people would have you believe.

Tweek516, Astamir, Etherielin and 2 others like this.
  7. super71

Problem is no country is an open door, and no country should be. It makes it harder for me to not believe it when in the last couple years you have such a massive influx of refugees into Europe and America. It also all started in Europe, and the United Nations is still pushing it.

I'd need to read more on it, right now I don't know enough about it to form a reasonable opinion. I just never even heard about it until recently. It's interesting talking political stuff on pox forums because you have people from every part of Europe and America mostly, different perspectives is nice.

I also found it funny because it started in Brazil, dammit civ v.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

@super71 Im confused, of course it is being pushed, you think because there was a refugee wave we should all not try to be sustainable and kill all the forests, fish empty the seas and spoil the land and pollute the sky and water so it will not be able to sustain human industries in the future thus stopping people from living there. and also not make sure deals are mutually beneficial so other areas will suffer too?

I mean yeah... that would stop people... but I don't think in the way you want.

lets keep pushing for sustainability instead.

9. Sokolov

Keep in mind it started in the 90s, long before the current refugee crisis.

10. super71

Well I think people see it as it takes time to get this all rolling.

11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I don't have much opinion on this myself at present. I haven't read the document in full, and it sounds like a lot of the claims against it are at least exaggerations if not misunderstandings.

Then again the UN has put out some really iffy stuff in the past so who knows.

I suppose I could look for some videos on the matter and share them if people are interested (and no one beats me to it in the mean time), if nothing else it might give an idea why people are worried about conspiracies regarding it, how it fits into those, and why that's significant to them, etc.

Which could be an interesting discussion in general.

super71 likes this.
  12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Seems to me like you're linking A to T using a very big stretch of the imagination.

That's the thing about Conspiracy theories, you're always right. I'm starting to understand why Infowars has such absurd amount of viewers for what it is.

13. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

"okay guys so we want our futures to also be livable so we need sustainability, and not cause massive enviromental destruction or giant rifts in wealth distribution. Here are some goals and plans to preserve our natural resources for the future try to keep these goals in mind and work towards them but no rush okay?"

somehow gets interprented as:

"we are going to destroy western civilization by flooding our own countries with refugees because we hate white people even though most of us here writing these things down in a document that has no power are themselves white people from west-country backgrounds because we are international diplomatic goverment organisation evil guys, evil laugh now everybody MUHAHAHAHA "* rubs hands gleefully*

what would it take to convince you that people concerned with the enviroment, sustainability, global climate change and those sorts of things are not the enemy @super71 ?

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Jewressen speaks for Israel. don't trust him. That own has little curly hair on the side.

He's deceiving to trick us into trying to make the earth a better place, but we are too smart for that! I don't need no scientist to tell me that it's getting hotter when it's snowing here. Check and mate, street knowledge!!

15. super71

I read bits and pieces but didn't have the time to get any further than that, i'd like to hear your thoughts on it once you read a bit of it.