AI Champion Displacement

Discussion in 'Bug Reporting' started by Xiven, Jan 19, 2016.

1. Xiven

Xiven I need me some PIE!

This is an old bug that's been resurfacing a lot as of late. Didn't see it on the compilation thread.
    Bad Touch.jpg
    Bot-controlled Champions are "sliding" into new and interesting positions, such as: 1) off the map, 2) into other champions, 3), out of the accepted plane of reality. This causes them to remain engaged with a champion, but since they are on a tile server-side that I want do disengage on to, client-side, I can't disengage. They also can't be targeted with attacks, spells or abilities, because they're not where the client says they are.

2. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, that is strange. Let us know if this continues to happen after today's patch. Also, the more details you can provide about reproducing this will be helpful. As you can imagine getting the bot to do work incorrectly reliably can be difficult, so if you run into situations where this is more frequent be sure to let us know in this thread. Thanks for reporting this.

3. Xiven

It seems to occur only after a delay in the server response to the AI's turn. There's that initial pause when the AI is "thinking," which happens every turn, but sometimes it takes a few seconds longer and everything happens in rapid succession, then the displacement. You can actually watch the Champion's model move, stop, and rubberband. The snapback is very, very fast, like something you see with the Beginner's Savage Tundra campaign casting Retrieve, only when it does that it's often during the Champion's actual movement.
    It's not so common as to see, say, two Champions displaced, and since melee Champions move much more frequently, I haven't seen it happen to a ranged Champion yet. The moment it's the AI's turn again they're back in their synced position and act normally. I'll see if closing the client and rejoining a match will resync on the player's turn.

4. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hmm, sounds like a client to server communication issue where a validation is missing or being excluded. Let me know if you run into this problem after the Midterm. We did some back end fixes because we were getting some Unit placement warnings.

Thanks for the info.

5. Xiven

It's been acting up again lately, but it does seem that resetting fixes placement.
    Test 1.jpg Test 2.jpg