Ailurite Brother

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by gamengamenut, Jan 3, 2016.

1. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

Pride of Ailur should be an upgrade ability, well, i always feel bad for running him in an all Garu deck because of that lol

2. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

the logical thing would be to put it in U1 instead of one of the pounce ranks, maybe even put pounce base and add something else to his U1

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

I always thought this was weird because I have always liked the brother but I have refused running him in a full KF BG because the pride of ailur ability. It seems like a useless upgrade in FF KF.

The only time I have run him is when I run Snare Fairies because he can at least benefit from Ally: ST and still be in full faction.

4. gamengamenut

he's a weird little bear, love his reflex aggro combo and all that, but that pride of ailur hurts me a little everytime i use him haha

Sirius likes this.
  5. Cinder405

Yeah. He's decent and all but with pride being on base it almost screams run me in Splits and even then there is better options for melee in a Leoss BG

Sirius likes this.
  6. gamengamenut

i dont even look at him for leoss, like, i split IS and ST for leoss cuz of all the benefits it brings, for some reason he just doesnt fit. Lore wise i firking love it, but as a rune he need slightly more versitility to be with his bear bear family

7. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Whatever you do don't take aggressive off of him; cyclops eye belt = fun.

8. gamengamenut

nah, love aggressive, sad that not more garu have it

9. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

My proposed change to him:

Stats, same.

Aggressive moved to base abilities.

Pride of Ailur replaces Pounce 1 in U1.
    Punish replases Aggressive in U2.

Would make him pretty strong in an actual Leoss BG, with the trade off of losing pounce. But gives him a kit that isn't as sandbagged in a FF BG. Pounce doesn't trigger punish, but aggressive hits would. This is intended.

So he would cost 73 nora default for:
    11-6-1-1-50
    Attack Physical
    Hibernate
    Aggressive
    Reflexes 2
    Pounce 2(u1)
    Punish(u2)

Last edited: Jan 5, 2016
  10. gamengamenut

punish might be a tad strong tho, like that aggro punish combo, plus reflexes, makes him almost unkillable for melee. possibly something like rend or a "on-hit" effect which isn't as strong as punish. cleave? no idea

Tweek516 likes this.
  11. kagebunshn

Honestly, I would rather Dugon get fixed than any other garu right now. But garu medium, garu whisperer, and ailurite would be next on my list.

The theme only needs a little more help to be viable. They need 1 more decent ranged unit, and still need a shatter option. Actually i think the ability that shatters on attack is most sppropriate(weapon breaker is it?). That would be a good option instead of punish in my above build.

12. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

What.

You think dugon is underpowered?

Cinder405 likes this.
  13. Cinder405

Dugon is good as is.

14. gamengamenut

Dugon is ok? but battle harden makes him a mid-late game draw, but his roar make shim an excellent initiator

15. kagebunshn

Dugon was perfectly fine when he was 80 nora. Over the last few patches all of his abilities got cost hikes. He is bloated and overcosted at 90 nora.

Take vigilance off him and he is 8 nora cheaper and probably decent enough to run for some people.

16. Tweek516

Dude, dugon definitely does not need any buffs - your zealotry has reached a new level.

17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

On a side note, the flavor-text for Ailurite Brother makes me think that Leoss were originally meant to be ST/KF splits and the Tortuns were originally meant to be IS/FS splits.

18. gamengamenut

well probably not, but heyy

Change to battle harden? for dugon?

All friendly champions gain +4/5/6 hp and +1 Dmg for 6 turns. If Affected champions share a race with this one, the max HP is permanent. (dispelable)

Last edited: Jan 8, 2016
  19. kagebunshn

I'm a zealot because I want a 90 nora champ to lose an 8 nora sandbag?

Just so we're clear, do you think he is efficient for 90 nora?

When he was originally released he was the worst and least valued of the whole series of 150ks. Then they did a round of adjustments and he became a good rune, frequently ran. Then revamp happened and he was still pretty decent, but basically got dumped by everyone for elven strategist...cuz OP is op. Then they nerfed strategist into oblivion and dugon started getting ran again. KF had 0 good tanks at this point since boa, rage of the circle, and enforcer were all pretty bad. Dugon was great at this point. Then Lancer and corgi came out at 72ish nora and people were like 'woah dude we can actually play with 2 or 3 melee guys now!' Then all da runez got nerfed, Lancer and dugon both went up 10+ nora, corgi like 6 and they've scarcely been seen since.

KF as a whole is in pretty good position right now, so its not like I'm complaining. But dugon is near the top of a lot of peoples list of favorite runes, and they have been giving many 'favorites' attention lately.

Do you think vigilance is appropriately costed?

Have you ever taken vigilance as an upgrade on -any- rune?

Whats the highest bonus you've ever really gotten out of it? Even in a heavy mellee comp like garu, its not likely to ever go higher than 2. If it did, you are probably getting destroyed by AEs anyways so it will be moot.

20. Tweek516

Dude, he does not need a change. Run with BM3 and BH1 and wreck nubs with roar.