Ailurite Brother

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by gamengamenut, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Why the Firk don't we make every single champ in the game as efficient as possible

Dugon is fine. I LIKE vigilance on him. It can make him a pain in the ass to kill when he's smack in the middle of a little skirmish, which is the perfect position for his roar anyways.

What's wrong with having a pricey champ here and there?

Garu can be run stupidly cheap in terms of Nora and still be successful.
    46 Nora Mountain Garus thanks to leverage, sub-65 Nora Hunters, etc.

If you don't believe me, let's ask the king of Garu right now
    @Glaring

*applause*

The dudes even got a bear as his profile pic. So you KNOW he's the real deal

2. Glaring

Glaring I need me some PIE!

Ah dugon is a little pricey for what he brings atm, sure hes a tanky beater but elder garu does his job a little better for less. Not gonna lie i run Dugon for the battle harden lol.

Also running them super cheap cause thats all they can seem to do, their pricey units have so many sandbags it hurts my body, just look at garu kodiak -_-

Makorov likes this.
  3. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Welp, there you have it
    I was wrong :D

4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Speaking of Garu Kodiak, Warcry is nasty when used in tandem with Slipstream Fulcrum. Drop the relic, give all your Garu (in one location) +3 AP and then give them more AP when G. Kodiak makes its attack.

I do agree that Elder Garu generally fills G. Kodiak's spot pretty well for less nora, though.

Edit: Also, when did G. Kodiak get Battle Harden 3 as an upgrade? Anyone know?

5. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

When Visions of Amareth came out. It's a pretty recent change.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Glaring

Actually the best beater garus have is the solitary garu, total beast for his nora cost

7. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I think Garu Kodiak isn't too far from actually being good. The battle harden option is kinda pointless, since if you were even thinking about playing him at all you picked warcry.

If he dropped Declare hunted it would make him much more reasonable. That ability seems a bit overpriced for what it does in a theme that has absolutely no support for it. That would reduce his cost to 75/78/81. Most likely everyone would take pummel 1 since the CD reduction is not worth the big nora cost. If we really wanted to buff him, we could swap Vengeful for Provision:eek:ffense, which would make him a pretty sexy rune.

On a side note, I completely fail to see how Declare hunted costs the same as Deep Wounds. There aren't a lot of runes with declare hunted anyways. As far as KF is concerned, it is on 1 Tortun ranger, 1 Beast/Fairy Knight, 1 Garu Warrior, and 1 Elf Archer....3 of which are on upgrade trees with abilities that seem obviously superior. Sounds a bit like the start to a bad bar joke. Points for diversity I guess. IMO DH should be -2(6), and DW should be +2(10) which is 1 point cheaper than multiattack 2.

They've done some really good work on garu recently with Solitary garu and Garu Hunter. I think Hurler is decent too, but not as good as the other 2. I feel Whisperer and Shaman missed the mark a bit.

It's kinda a silly combo, but I use rejuvenation Ring and Spontaneous growth in my garu BG for my Solitary garu...means he basically regens 12 pts per turn plus has the CD 2 12 point heal, and the +10 hitpoint buff changes max so it can be regained. But I also use Hunters Charms in the BG for my mountain garus so the on demand vegetation comes in handy.

8. Glaring

Vengeful is also a sandbag, I could stand to seem him get boost aswell to fill a sorta support tank niche Garu need. Atm they have no decent support rune . Prob remove declare hunter and replace with boost or defender

9. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

he's more of the damage dealer than a support, so boost seems kinda eh? maybe defender or shroud.

declare hunted is not really feeling it but vengeful seem okish. giving him protective might be cooler

Last edited: Jan 13, 2016
  10. Glaring

yeah def need some anti range, and non basic attack, skele decks are auto lose >.>

11. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

yeahhhh, shroud :)