Am I just dreaming big on this one?

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Cinder405, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

One thing with equipment heavy decks is that while you are tempted to just slap them on everything, you actually have to be very careful about when and where you use that equipment.

You basically want to be making a similar calculation as you would for a kill spell and determine the value of said equipment relative to your other options and how it will change the board state.

Otherwise, you end up "wasting" a bunch of nora not really generating any momentum.

~

As for the deck specifically, looks like you are trying to control them via equipment and then ranging them down. It might be better to include some more Area Denial/Control type of stuff and also probably try and get more healing/sustain in there since you are playing the long game (KF/IS negative equipment is less about immediate impact and long-term gains - whereas if you were doing FS/FW you can be more aggressive about it).

For spells, I'd lean away from Hammer Strike and more towards stuff like Earthquake and RD.

3. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Awesome feedback. The equipment definately needs to be used at the right moment or else your just "Wasting Nora" and soon you find yourself not having enough champions on the board.

I'll probably add a Barricade in there for stalling. Earthquake is a solid include for removing AP. RD would be a great addition too. Thanks for the suggestions.

The flow of the game calls for capturing fonts but with Fairies it's hard to contest those fonts because of their low HP (this excludes the Corgis). Even with their CC abilities it's hard to keep them alive long enough for backup. Your suggestion of using RD would help greatly here if the champ is a range unit. That is not the case with melee because disengaging is costly and typically leaves you with very little AP use CC abilities. I know there are options like Prismatic Crystals, Artillery Marker, Land Mine but I find it hard use these because it limits space in a split BG.

I may have to approach my games a little differently and give up the fonts sometimes instead staying around to contest.