Ancestral Avenger

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Glaring, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Glaring

Glaring I need me some PIE!

Should totes have Race:garu

Tweek516 likes this.
  2. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Yes!

After all, garu are incredibly lacking in melee physical beaters.

:p

3. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

He probably should have...in the same way garu and vashal should all be race beast.

I really wish they would simplify races across the board.

4. Tweek516

No.

5. kagebunshn

dont get me wrong, I still profess AA is one of KFs strongest runes.

But i also think if a dwarf riding a griffon is a dwarf/beast and a human on a horse is a barbarian/beast, than so is an elf on a snake. Likewise anthropomorphic animals should -all- be beasts.

Centaurs, vashal, garu, leoss, tortun, all could just be beast-kin....0 need for a treefolk race AND a plant race. Some tweaking obviously required to balance runes keyed off race, but other than Bond of Vashal and rally the herd i can't think of any obviously strong ones in KF.

same with classes...several of them are completely redundant. Basics people. Warrior, wizard, healer, rogue, archer. Shaman druid priest and bard are flavors of healer. Paladin knight brute ranger are flavors of warrior. Some guys can be more than 1, but should probably never have more than 2.

The simplification opens up WAY more creative design space for splits, and gives more freedom in what runes they want to use for specific roles.

6. Tweek516

No.

You are such a zealot.

If vashals got beast back they would be OP.

7. gamengamenut

gamengamenut I need me some PIE!

by that logic voil should get beast, which will make my dreams of magnifying beast on voil king come true. Please dude, dont, cause draksar are basically lizards we could give them beast as well?

c'mon, if they already have a specific race with strong unique abilities to define them, them adding beast is a no go.

But if we say have a rune where we have a garu riding a giant bear then yes, please, add beast cuz they have this huge ass bear inside.

the wish to generalize the races and runes make BG building less fun and overall making every BG the same. which is one of the things which will ruin this game for many. I for one, love having many different races and themes to play around with.

8. kagebunshn

Voil probably should be beast-kin too.

like I said, there are some things that would need adjusting...that is to be expected. A re-evaluation of commander/boost runes and spells keyed off of race.

Draksar seem more like a distinct race to me. But maybe I'm biased because of the cold-blooded thing.

9. kagebunshn

what exactly would make vashal OP if they were beasts? They WERE beasts until recently some of them still are. When Vashal mirrorblade was released he was the first vashal that wasn't a beast.

The only thing that actually made vashal strong was Seal. But they nerfed seal, poisonquill trap, vashal druid, increased the cost of all vashals in general, and nerfed Fan Faire. Havent seen many vashal running around lately have u?

Dog has been deliberately moving away from mandatory racial abilities which is fine. At the same time they wanted
    boost/commander/defender to be toned down so they could be applied more broadly. Seems like a good strategy.

10. Tweek516

Vashal are in a great spot atm. Giving them all beast would make them OP. I would explain why, but you're a zealot and there's no point.

You make me ashamed to be a KFer

11. gamengamenut

this went from the All-powerful AA geting some man bear love to a debate about small rat beaver things, C'mon.

12. Tweek516

I'm sorry. Tbh, there's no debate here. @kagebunshn is either an idiot, a zealot, or both.

13. gamengamenut

yeah kinda, i agree with your views on the races. but not much on @kagebunshn ,

take a chill pill guys and lets just agree that diversity is awesome

14. kagebunshn

All I can promise is that I will attempt to support my arguments with evidence, information and logic, rather than attempts at character assassination.

No idea where tweek's attitude is coming from. I want to know what parts of my post you disagree with?

What in the garu theme would change if they were all beasts instead of garu? I think almost nothing changes. There are no beasts with significant improvements to the theme, not even if you included vashal, tortun, and centaurs in the list. Reinforcement becoming a bit better is a thing, but it is already a costly ability. They -maybe- get access to boost...if u want to run a terrible boost champ.

What would change for vashal? I think this one is much more significant than garu. That is due almost entirely to Bond of Vashal and Seal. Bond is probably just fine with +5 nora cost due to increased target pool, or reduced to a flat bonus of Tough 2, regen 3.

What would change about the beast theme? It would become a mix of beasts, vashal, and possibly a couple mountain garus.

15. Tweek516

I'm not even gonna bother.

If you think turning garu, voils, and every other beast like race into race: beast wouldn't need a complete overhaul of every single theme you're just wrong.

16. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Ancestral Avenger is an ancient bear of the forest and has no connection to the Garus at all except for the fact that it's facial features look somewhat Garuish. Ancestral Avenger is a beast just the same as Enraged Grizzly, they both normally stand on all fours legs and not just two like Garus. You could argue that Ancestral Avengers sprite is standing and say he garu but the truth is he's standing to show its anger and ferocity not because he is standing on a normal basis. It does not need race Garu because he is simply not a Garu.

I do however support changing Colossal Boa back to Beast,Elf. He is clearly being ridden by an elf of the forest.

17. Tweek516

They're phasing out dual race riders I believe.

18. Cinder405

Hey I'm ok with that as long as its across the board.

19. gamengamenut

I Guess that does make sense. AA shouldn't get race garu maybe? because he'll get a tonne of buffs which will make him too OP (maybe).

i'm thinking of like maybe some Garu's that could support him or maybe him getting an ability which is supported by garu similar to garu primitives relation to enraged grizzly. Opens up options. I use him anyway in my garu deck cuz he's kick ass

20. Cinder405

He's already been given the Nerf hammer enough. Any more buffs to AA that bring it more into the meta will just cause more harm than good because the people that play in ranked competitively will quickly post Nerf threads about the ability etc. An interaction like that of garu primitive would be nice but you have to remember AA is a Titan not just any exotic. Changes made to this rune have to be taken with great caution.