Angel spam

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by negatorxx, Feb 5, 2015.

1. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

Every game, every 1st drop is an angel. They then 7 move their way through fonts using absurd defensive abilities until they self buff, then gg.

Losing to leg spam is pretty damn boring. Do we just forget thematic BGs, forget playing the game, and have every player run 2x/4x angels and mindlessly win games?

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I have noticed that more often than not angels if i am running them are always my first turn deploy. Though i am not seeing how legendary spamming is a problem , half the current legendaries are unplayable and majority of the other half are garbage. Honestly the angels are good but the only really difficult ones to kill are ud and is and that's because of their spell selection and demon shield and trail hallowed ground which is a ridiculously undercosted overpowered ability.

3. negatorxx

because if my first drop is not a similarly powerful champ, on many maps it feels like an autoloss to a rune and style that doesnt require any thought. Auto losses to boring gameplay wont keep players.

4. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

If you feel this is the case, playing FW with decay/anathema or UD with rotting blows shadow rake should give you some easy wins

TheBulwark and PurpleTop like this.
  5. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

buff decay.

XFurionsX, D4rkSteel and TeaScholar like this.
  6. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Well ye making Decay work as described would be a good start, currently only does half :p

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Angels are on my watch list. They are a problem.

8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I get it!

9. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

Give all angels Statis.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Range, flying, and 7 speed are a deadly combination.

11. negatorxx

If maybe they had the impervious thing that shadow rake does...

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Imo +3 range is a big issue. Obviously IS is the worst offender with 2-6 range, 7 speed, 4 def + aerial supremacy and hollow ground. You need a lot of stuff on the board to even threaten that thing without any def spells by IS.

XFurionsX, RedScarlet and claydude5 like this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

A champion with 10 damage is literally unable to hurt it, ever. 2 Champions with 10 damage can only output persistent damage if at least one of them gets a double attack.

Etherielin, claydude5 and Sealer0 like this.
  14. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

What would be your aproach to them? is the healing the problem? will they get the knight fix (half HP healed like with quest:kill enemy)?

If that happend then they would just sit back and wait until intenify kicks..

15. Indijanac

Indijanac I need me some PIE!

Spend shards on angels
    Play few games
    Angels getting nerfed
    All is well now
    Yey

XFurionsX likes this.
  16. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

enjoy while you play,im glad they´re getting nerf, i don´t enjoy seeing them in every play i try to play a theme bg

Sealer0 likes this.
  17. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

There are 3 concerns, that all kind of compound on each other:
    • They are really efficient for their nora compared to units with similar stats
    • 7 SPD fliers make potent first turn drops, particularly when;
    • Post-Intensify they become even more efficient and are actually quite tanky at that point, while having high range
      • We should note that while RNG in general costs more now, Intensify really doesn't account for the new costing of stats, in particular the RNG
    My current thinking is that I will most likely hit their base SPD, and some post-Intensify stats (perhaps allowing them to gain SPD post-Intensify, while reducing the other stat gains, perhaps something like +1 RNG, +1 SPD, and +2 DMG).

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
    MageAstral, Kampel, Osidan and 7 others like this.
  18. Bonice90

dis nau

19. WhatTheHex

WhatTheHex The King of Potatoes

There are some other units with intensify. Can't you give them something like -4 speed at deploy or stasis? Mid game angels are not that good when the one rounding of champs is possible.

20. Bonice90

you mean vashal nobody plays it?