Anime.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rickyjpen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I like the way Momoko thinks.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. bluestun

bluestun Member

Red man's identity is a secret that is learned later on. The red man heard the song when they were younger

3. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'll tell you what I told the people that Pm'd me about it: "That's ridiculous! shes a girl and he is the red MAN :D ''

*le sigh* where did it all go wrong!?

4. D4rkSteel

D4rkSteel I need me some PIE!

I actually strongly dislike anime

5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

can you be more precise? arguments as to why? can't go into a music discussion and say you dislike sounds either dude.

6. Zero

Zero Active Member

Hunter X Hunter was pretty great 96% of the way through, only like 3 episodes of filler.

Barakamon was excellent for casual fans, really good for a family watch.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. D4rkSteel

It's not so much that I dislike the anime itself, it's rather the community that seems to "represent" it. But I only see the weeaboos and cosplayers from my point of view. What I do really dislike about anime is that everything is so big which doesn't really add anything in my opinion, I'm talking about tits, eyes and "when they are trying to express emotions".. All of the sudden the background changes into fire just to express that the character is angry. It's maybe just me but it makes me cringe a little bit... Also, wtf is up with hentai.. It's a cartoon... Drawings...
    I guess my mind is probaby set to this because of the people i've met. People that dress up like japanese people, dressing weird clothes, painting their hair and saying "kawaii" all of the time. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's what they like to do, I understand that. It just annoys me, but that's my problem. It was probably a little harsh just to place a comment in this thread saying that I dislike it. Sorry bout that.

8. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Never heard of.

9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

The OVA follow the original manga. The Anime just spinned out in a different direction after a few episodes.

Great Anime. In season 2 now and if I am not mistaken, season 3 is one of this season's animes.

I am hoping for it too, but it's unlikely they will make it. ;-; AND YES, THAT ENDING!

Geressen likes this.
  10. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Just finished watching Sword Art Online season I and II, it's been a long while since I've watched anime, Naruto being the most recent.

11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

sounds like you are looking for the worst animes and the worst weeaboo fans.

also just to piss you off a little; stop looking for hentai you hentai baka!

12. D4rkSteel

I'm just describing my perspective. And trust me, I never asked for hentai...

13. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

You are entitled to your opinion, sir! I actually respect you for throwing yourself in this lion's den! haha. I love anime, but I too have a problem with the fan base. I've been to a couple cons myself (Only at the behest of my friends of course. I hate cons.) and I am quite uncomfortable with the cosplay scene. It's not like I don't think it should be legal or anything, it's just I personally don't find it appealing. I do love anime though, but not for the TnA that a vast majority of animes seem to offer. I like it because the characters are larger than life, and their blown out of proportion reactions to things make me smile. Of course, Mushi Shi is anything but blown out of proportion, and there isn't any TnA to speak of. In fact, the only reason I watch it because it is refreshing in the sense that it doesn't offer any fan service whatsoever. The story itself just seems to fit into the anime style so well. Thanks for sharing by the way, it's always interesting to see the other side of the coin. :)

soulmilk and D4rkSteel like this.
  14. Loyaute

Loyaute I need me some PIE!

Go watch Death Billiards.
    Parasyte aka Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu is airing atm and is pretty good so far.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I made an extra Netflix account because I didn't want that stuff in My List (part shame but mostly to not get nonstop suggestions HEY DUDE YOU MIGHT ENJOY THIS)

Then I watched a couple episodes of some immortal detective chick who had some seed form an invisible tree or stuff. And the dog seemed immortal too. Then suddenly it was the future. Then when guys got that seed they turned into some kind of vampire and had sex with the immortal chicks before eating them.

It was anime af

Then I watched Attack on Titan because they kept shoving it in my face OMG FIVE STAAARS. It was ok I guess. I did enjoy the subtle (LOL) references to Japan's post ww2 isolationist policies. Or I am simply reading way too much into this and should simply enjoy dudes with swords zipping around like Spiderman.

I am not well versed in anime.

16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

dude

that was like daughters of mynreenyemseynsmeseosemosneosmeoeyneme

PRETTY OK

17. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

Something like that. It had pretty interesting ideas but found that they relied on seemingly forced (or reluctant) same sex sexual encounters as a plot device way too often for it's own good.

Like I said, anime.

18. turtlejam

turtlejam The King of Potatoes

So I'm curious...do you guys prefer subbed or dubbed? I'm a dubbed guy myself, as long as the subtitles aren't on though (I guess since the subtitles are based off of the Japanese script, they always seem way off from what the English dub is.), they annoy the crap out of me.

19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

subbed

20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

varies, prefer subs for most but there are exceptions like black lagoon and panty and stocking.

it's okay for cartoons/anime, as for real people I CANNOT Firking STAND DUTCH DUBBED COMERCIALS! THE Firking MOUTHS DO NOT SPEAK DUTCH I CAN Firking TELL! ( how do germans stand television? they dub EVERYTHING)