Anime.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rickyjpen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Subbed usually but only because the voices normally match people talking. I read a crap ton of books so I don't mind reading subtitles. I have seen a few good dubbed ones but normally its like watching an old Godzilla movie and laughing as mouths move completely out of sync with what is being said.

IMAGIRL and Geressen like this.
  2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Shirobako best show this season.

Beyond that, OreGairu, Berserk, Trigun, Fate/Zero, F/SN (2014, good so far at least), Toradora, and Madoka are all good.

3. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Highly prefer subbed myself.
    Though I have a slight problem when it comes to hearing, so I sometimes don't understand what people are saying. So even if I watch something in english, I watch with english subs too.

Geressen and IMAGIRL like this.
  4. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've mostly avoided this thread due to higher standards for this sort of thing, but I figured you guys would like to watch and vote for this visual novel using the animated system called E-Mote Emotion (already implemented in several recent games but none in English like this one):

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=339048194

5. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

> higher standards

> links to VN

Funny guy.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It's a higher low standard. All about perspective.

Saandro likes this.
  7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Hidamari Sketch
    Manabi Straight
    Madoka
    Gunslinger Girl
    Tamako Market

8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Try
    Papa no Iukoto wo Kikinasai!
    Usagi Drop

9. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

Usagi Drop is amazing. <3
    Only read the manga though.

10. Sokolov

If the implication is that VN is of a "lower" standard, then wouldn't it make perfect sense that he link it here, a place he avoided because of standards?

11. Sokolov

I had the first one my list. Usagi Drop I had on a list at some point, but it got dropped for one reason or another.

12. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I know why Usagi Drop got removed from your list. Not going to post it for spoiler reasons. If you want to know. PM me.

13. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

Maybe, but I doubt it.

14. Emries

Emries Devotee of the Blood Owl

I think there's a misunderstanding here. I was trying to say that I avoid threads like these because, in my experience, they are almost always half-filled with people that have terrible-awful-bad tastes (whether it be just a lack of awareness to better stuff or just ew taste) and that I have higher standards of anime/manga/light novels/visual novels and after watching/reading and sometimes even translating at least 90% of total released of the above (and spending more than a hundred thousand on goods easily) without actually saying it. But you knew that already cause know me already sok :p

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I understand your position here; now that you have rephrased and elaborated, some of those reasons are similar to why I was a bit leery of posting.

It may not have been the best way to express it, though. Pulling out taste as a weapon - or a tool for judging social position - can easily misconstrue your message and turn people away from what you want to say.

Emries likes this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Just finished Golden Boy. Quite an amazing anime.

17. Tarabostes

Tarabostes I need me some PIE!

What the Firk did I just read?
    god.png

18. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I finished seeing Psycho Pass 2 and i need to fill that gap,
    Could anyone recommend a psychological, horror, supernatural thriller with good animation and without too much comedy?
    I dislike a lot the ones where the animators skip facial expresions like that one with the girls with invisible arms (cant recall the name right now)

Already seen/seeing Tokyo Ghoul, Parasyte, From the new World, SNK.. Akame Ga Kill.. Steins Gate, huh..

19. Qucas

Qucas Guest

You didn't like Elfen lied? Nonsense.

20. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I didn't. at all.