Anime.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by rickyjpen, Apr 10, 2014.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

okay, some of you guys need to realise there are better places to come out of the closet that are not in this thread.

2. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

1.Hellsing
    2.Fairy Tail
    3.Bleach

rickyjpen likes this.
  3. Saandro

Saandro I need me some PIE!

So much fail. Cowboy Bebop is not really a starter anime, as many people find it pointless to watch. Like you said they consider it a fractured cartoon with no point and little action.

In reality most episodes are not fractured and pointless. The point is to get to know the characters and to try to make the viewer THINK about things.

What will the future look like, the emptiness and vastness of the space, human relationships and their loneliness and the inability to let things go.

For example for someone the part where Spike dumps the refrigerator into space is boring and pointless. But together with the opera music its downright poetic.

4. Prami

Prami I need me some PIE!

You are attributing way to much artistry to this series mate.

5. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Anime is for retards.

6. Greysands22

Greysands22 I need me some PIE!

Things I have seen.

Elfen Lied
    Darker than Black
    Blood+
    Death Note
    Spice and Wolf
    Basilisk
    Wolf's Rain
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    MushiShi
    Eden of the East
    Claymore
    Moribito

The Place Promised in our Early Days
    Green Legend Ran
    Akira

Oh and I've been watching Blue Exorcist currently.

rickyjpen likes this.
  7. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Yeah, all the cool kids are playing their turn-based collectable card games.

...while doing a wheelie throughout the chorus of "We will rock you" with a laser show in the background.

Obviously.

TeaNinja, Tarabostes and Dagda like this.
  8. Saandro

Yeah. Everyone know the cool kids insult people on internet video game forums.

@Prami
    On the contrary, you aren't thinking about it. But then again you called it a good starter anime and a ''fractured afternoon cartoon''. I don't even know why I'm arguing here. Meh, I was gonna write a long post but it's easier for me to just put you on my ignore list.

9. Alakhami

I've watched a few. Most of it is dull, childish, has some silly fantasy plot. I guess it is for those who just haven't grown up and don't intend to, really.

10. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

The genres/themes of anime range about as much as American live action TV shows do.

11. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

The thing to remember about anime is that it's a medium, like movies, television shows, or books. They come in an infinite number of genres and range in quality from absolute garbage to stuff so bad it's good to cookie cutter productions to quality stuff to masterpieces. And just like movies, television shows, and books, any discerning viewer will find more that they don't like or have no interest in than ones that they do. With any of these, a person has to sift through heaps of trash to find the good ones, but they're usually worth it when you find them. :D

Sirius, TeaNinja, Geressen and 2 others like this.
  12. Fikule

Yeah. Also the Alien quadrilogy is terrible.

I only saw Alien Resurrection, but all the movies seem to be about making clones in labs as far as I can tell so far.

Geressen likes this.
  13. Fikule

To be fair, I think he is just reaching for "reason".

He has heard anime is bad as a generalization and needs to perpetuate it. Not abstain from the conversation or anything, but actively hunt down people who watch it and let them know how ******** they are. For he has seen "a few" and knows all :)

14. uaChakra

uaChakra Member

rickyjpen likes this.
  15. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

forget whose law it was, but it states that 95% of everything is Bane Shift

Geressen and Gorebucket like this.
  16. Alakhami

Anton Chekhov said something similar I believe.

17. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've heard hellsing is dope whats it like? Haven't looked into it much.

18. rickyjpen

rickyjpen Devotee of the Blood Owl

I love that you have seen Eden of the East! A lot of the other ones are good too :)

19. Saandro

Which ones have you watched?

Also your generalization can be said by anyone for anything. "I watched some fantasy movies and they are so childish and dull, only for people who havent grown up yet.

Xinde and Geressen like this.
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this is correct, examples; :D
    I've read some books and found them childish and dull, only for people who havent grown up yet.
    I drank some water and found it childish and dull, only for people who havent grown up yet.
    I walked around without pants on my day of, it was childish and dull, only for people who havent grown up yet.

Qucas and Saandro like this.