Another Chance For Aspect of Life

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Xirone, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

What if Aspect of Life were a rune worthy of seeing play? I know healing in general was just nerfed, and so this may not be the best time to bring this up, but AoL is pretty dang expensive for what she does. Here's a streamlined version of the champion. I'm not sure at what price point she'd come in but with -1 SPD, no Trail: Vegetation, and no sandbag charged-based abilities, she has to be cheaper, right? Here's one take on her....

[​IMG]
    Aspect of Life
    DIG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 42
    Base Abilities- Ethereal, Lay Hands 1, Majestic 2, Quest: Support Ally
    Upgrade Path 1- Heal Champion 1, Heal Champion 2, Heal Champion 3
    Upgrade Path 2- Cleanse, Healing Breath 1, Healing Breath 2

Alternatively, Aspect of Life could be turned into a champion like IS's Dwarven Beermaiden where she hands out Rejuvenation Rings. She'd probably have to lose some healing potential to compensate but that could be an interesting path to take her as well!

[​IMG]
    Aspect of Life
    DIG: 0 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 42
    Base Abilities- Carouse*, Ethereal, Lay Hands 1, Trail: Vegetation
    Upgrade Path 1- Majestic 1, Majestic 2, Soothing Serenade
    Upgrade Path 2- Cleanse, Healing Breath 1, Healing Breath 2
    *The basic coding of Carouse would be used, at a higher nora cost of course, and renamed to something more fitting.

Etherielin and Tweek516 like this.
  2. Xirone

To be clear, these are just suggestions meant to open up the conversation about where Aspect of Life is at after her numerous indirect nerfs. These are not perfectly balanced suggestions, either. She seems meant to be the best healer in Pox but is far from it, currently. I'd love to see AoL in play and am wondering what it would take to make her so!

aseryen and dsjtheman like this.
  3. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

I definitely think the discussion is needed. I personally feel her design is a little too vanilla. Let's just throw some healing abilities on her and call it a day.

What I'd like to see are existing or new abilities that are life altering... things like augment creation... or vitality creation are a few off the top of my head that isn't just a point a click healing champ. I'd like to see her effect the life force of her allies while having a slightly toned down healing toolkit.

aseryen and Xirone like this.
  4. dsjtheman

dsjtheman I need me some PIE!

Basically just because she's "Aspect of Life" she shouldn't only be defined as "aspect of healing" ... but the "life" part of the name should be more broadly exlored through other abilities new or existing.

Xirone likes this.
  5. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Really cool ideas, as always.

6. phdstax

phdstax Active Member

Base
    Cleansing Aura
    Ethereal
    Grant Magical Aura 3
    Regeneration 3

UG 1
    Overkill Healing
    Amplify Healing

UG 2
    Majestic 2
    Starshine
    Hex 2

7. Xirone

To help the conversation along, what do you all like about Aspect of Life's current design?

For me, I like....
    1) That she is KF's only source of Lay Hands. Lay Hands works well with KF's spell Escape Magic.
    2) That she has access to Healing Breath. Some other champs have it but it really fits her.
    3) That she spends some of her time Incorporeal. The champion was originally released as a Ghost, for those that remember. She is a passive champion and, for that reason, Ethereal has very little downside but, rather is a boon.
    4) That she has Majestic. Majestic works really well when she is Incorporeal.

8. Xirone

Also, what do you dislike about her design?

For me, I dislike....
    1) Her cost. She is a passive champion but is an enormous tempo hit. I like the idea of an expensive support champ, in theory, but this one doesn't make the cut. In a game where an 85 nora champ is expected to hit like a truck, or from far range, this champ has to "pay" for itself by doing a ton of healing. She doesn't do enough to warrant such a cost.
    2) No good player will ever let Boundless Vitality be a factor in a real pvp game. AoL takes 10 rounds before Boundless Vitality matters. Any ability that is already on CD when Boundless Vitality becomes active, is not immediately helped. If you use Charged Heal, Boundless Vitality takes even longer to become active.
    3) Her art kind of dictates that she have Trail: Vegetation but it doesn't help her do anything in any way. On an already expensive champ, every bit of sandbag hurts.
    4) She is 7 SPD in FF KF but doesn't have a lot to spend her AP on. Many passive champions have this problem. She is paying a decent amount of nora for her SPD but doesn't make good use of it.

9. GemmaXylia

GemmaXylia Forum Royalty

AoL used to have the fertility thing for -1 CD on summons. That would be a neat option to have again :)

10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

I think it would be cool if she went back to being a Ghost but with Font Ignorance to avoid the balance issues associated with that. She'd be a pretty persistent healer then.

Xirone likes this.
  11. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

What if she was given something like Propagate: Catharsis Bloom? It'd be interesting to see. Don't forget that there's also Growth ability from our avatar (healing aura), empathy etc. There are a lot of ways to give her healing.

Xirone likes this.
  12. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

this is up there with my top 5 most disturbing things i have ever seen.

13. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

What if Aspect of Life was just that?

Here is the rune text from Sunglasses Dryad

"The Nefari's fires burnt large scars in the forest, but in most places the blackened earth did not last, and vibrant life returned to these newly sunlit glades."

Aspect of Life's rune text

"She moved through the Seared Forest. With each step, flowers sprouted from the ground, leaving a beautiful trail behind her. The trees, once charred, began to pulse with new life. As the aspect ventured forward, she left behind a growing forest."

What if we gave Aspect of Life the ability New Growth somehow. Bringing new life back to the burned forest and instead of trail vegetation give her Forest Front and an option for Vine Whip/Binding Chains (Using Nature for Offense)

So there could be an option. For straight support and one for some support but a lil offense as a trade.

@Xirone could you maybe try to build something like that? Or what are your thoughts on this?

14. Xirone

There are sooooo many ways one could redesign AoL that would be better than the current super-expensive heal-bot.

15. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Sustain: Transplant

Sabotage: Healing Deficiency (although she's not supposed to take life, it would be a non global way to have your units out heal the opponent)

Perhaps give her an ability that allows for Plants to be devourable if within X spaces of AoL, Biogenesis would be a nice ability to have support that.

16. Cinder405

Biogenesis is a big nora costing ability. And it would put K'thun further into unplayable status.

I think New Growth fits better.

I Invision something like this....

Aspect of Life (Base stats of Dwarven Medic)
    DMG: 7 | SPD: 5 | RNG: 1 | DEF: 0 | HP: 43
    Base Abilities- Attack: Magical, Phase Shift, , Merciful, Forest Front, Empathy
    (I chose an attack type to stay away from passive champs and Merciful fits Aspect of Life well.

Upgrade Path 1- Lay Hands 1, New Growth, Healing Breath 2 (Main life giving abilities whether its healing/cleansing or starting new lives via the New Growth Ability)

Upgrade Path 2- Majestic 2, Vine Whip, Binding Chains (Crowd Control abilities with the possibility of damage or just straight CC though Majestic)

Thoughts?

17. Etherielin

@Cinder405 Don't like it, too offensive - I'd rather keep her passive but with the most healing in the game.

18. Cinder405

OK but am I wrong in saying that Sokolov is trying to phase out passive champs hence the reason Dwarven Medic got an Attack?

19. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

He is trying to reduce them, yes. That said, I think some should remain - such as aspect of life.

20. Etherielin

He's reducing them in cases, where it's appropriate - I don't believe AoL is such.

MaruXV likes this.