Another Faction Bonus Thread

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mercer Skye, Aug 24, 2014.

1. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

Lol, i think the biggest confusion is that some of us are thinking of the most reasonable changes that can occur as a next step and some are thinking of what would be "nice" to have. Clearly this is no time to work on faction bonuses. Not being changed anytime soon and nor should it be. There are many other things that need focus, but its a nice idea. The sad part is how you guys shoot people like Mercer down just because he had such an idea. Calm down people, not because you have to, but for the sake of being nice lol. Having a the right to say what you want doesnt make saying what you want right.

2. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Remember, they're designed around their faction bonuses. Which pretty much means a 65n champ in SP would still be a 65n champ in KF, in FW, etc. I won't deny that it would shake things up all over again hitting faction bonuses now, but do we really want to wait until everything settles out from the revamp and has been balanced around what is still the current faction/font bonus disparities?

My vote would be if we're shaking the pillars of creation in Pox, might as well throw a shoulder into all of them while things are still pretty malleable. But that's me.

And to those defending me, thank you. It definitely bolsters one's resolve knowing that someone stands behind them. Whether you agree or are just supportive of letting me push my ideas, thank you.

And I know not all of the ideas I throw out stick very well (Nora dictating AP, and Speed just being movement rating.....I still like the idea, but I understand why it didn't stick), but the simple fact that this one sparked some actual discussion (Trolling dbaggery or actual discourse) tells me we've got something here we can work with. Maybe not nora gen, and I'm likely only going to stay a dog latched onto this bone because it's one of the few things in Pox that's equally beneficial to everything in every faction.

yobanchi likes this.
  3. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What are possible changes to IS font?

4. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Make it protect from 2 damage each turn.

Like SL bonus but proactive.

You like it?

5. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

This may not be the right time to change up the faction bonuses (I certainly agree with that) that doesn't mean it's ever the wrong time to brainstorm ideas. Currently the runes are definitely designed around the faction bonus but there can be sufficient faction identity I think with general properties of the runes and thematic synergies. For example, the fact that Underdepths has almost no ranged champions and lots of anti-ranged tech sets it apart from the other factions. The fact that Shattered Peaks has lots of cheap efficient champions and only really hits high damage output as a function of surge abilities (I accept that there's exception as a result of powercreep but that's the general idea). These kinds of things create faction identity that new runes and existing runes can be placed into.

We don't need faction bonuses or even font bonuses to establish faction identity. We have a problem right now in terms of being able to compare faction bonuses that stems from the fact that they are completely different (which is on purpose) but more pressing is the fact that they all exist (with exception like FS and UD and KF) in dimensions where the effect that they have on a game is purely subjective and subject to change based on how you use them.

6. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Mercer in not sure your change is the best or only answer (it is a good one though), but faction and font bonuses need a change, and nows probably the best time to do it. I hope to see it happen.

7. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'd imagine the IS font bonus becoming Spell Resistance and their FF/SF bonus getting a makeover.

Similar to how FW could push the cool down reduction to BOON (with loss of fearless/poison/nora globe) and have the FF/SF bonus get a makeover as well.

AP, SPD, and Nora gen will be issues if used.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

IS and SP shouldn't have the same font bonus though.

It'd be nice if IS font bonus gave like Tough 1.

9. Mercer Skye

Mercer Skye I need me some PIE!

Unless instead of stretching viability trying to create a total of 16 total bonuses between Faction and Font, we aim for counterparts.

10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

What's wrong with my idea of 2 damage prevention? It would work exactly like SL bonus just proactive (which is better, mind you).

11. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

little range in UD = 1-1 champ gets +4DMG (+5 with Banner), but have Firebomb, Arrowshot, Flamestrike, and Magic Bomb :D