Another KF Faction/Font Bonus thread.. I know just bare with me ;)

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by EnigmaXIII, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Speed it's supposed to be replaced, so I don't get why people keep asking for it. It's too powerful of a reasourse and it's too hard to make a split bonus out of it, severely damaging deck diversity with KF.

I believe Range shouldn't be taken too, since turning all your melees into 1-2, easily outplays some antimelee strategies and abilities. And increasing range from ranged units only, sounds like the worst bonus of all 8.

I like your spell approach too, but mainly because I like spell spam. For someone with a different mindset, it could be seen too weak compared to other stat bonuses.

I'm in the boat of reducing all bonuses to minimal impac things anyway, as Sok showed us in the brainstorming thread.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  2. EnigmaXIII

EnigmaXIII I need me some PIE!

I also would be fine with Faction bonuses being less significant. But even with that, KF would still probably need a new faction bonus lol. Idk what else to include.. I feel like spells are very appropriate for KF. Plus offensive spell options are unique. No other faction has it.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Personally I would go with split not earning bonuses, and FF have minimum impact ones.

KF champs could earn 1 extra AP per turn until it activates an ability (lost forever if so). Other bonuses could be reduced in numbers like +2hp ST, -2 spell damage IS.

Also if SP is -1N champ deploy, KF could go -2N spells.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
  4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

If I am weakening all of the FF deploy bonuses to parity, and giving somewhat more powerful font bonuses. Of course the deploy bonus for KF wouldn't be SPD.

The question is whether that will actually occur, and even if so, if we should do something about the KF bonuses even now. In this scenario, it is less certain that SPD has to go away.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

It would highly depend on the time taken to weaken all bonunes, doesn't it?

I would be helpful to announce it so the community doesn't complain about it anymore.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have always been clear that my 2 main reasons for changing the KF bonus was:
    1. Draw win potential
    2. Split bonus :(
    And not "SPD is OP' that some players talk about.

Thus, with map changes addressing 1 quite well from my perspective, I don't actually see a large impetus to change KF's bonus away from SPD currently, tho I'd still like to address #2 if possible.

EnigmaXIII likes this.
  7. EnigmaXIII

Thanks for the feedback, nice to get some info.
    The only issue is #2 is hard to address without changing the FF bonus. Most other SF bonuses are straight forward just cut in half. Its not so much that SPD is OP or draw wins. In the case of KF, you just cant address SP without FF. And to be honest, I would love to see the change so maybe im biased. Just because it would be fun and interesting. Although it probably isnt worth wasting the time of the Devs like yourself unless its important.

Anyways if you choose to keep speed I propose the SF bonus becomes 1 rank of ready instead of +1 SPD, and keep the +1 AP stored. Unless thats OP, then remove the +1 AP.
    If you wish to change it, I would love for spell options to be considered. Im fine with CD reductions or Nora cost reductions, as long as theyre in even numbers so we dont have our SF struggle again ;)

8. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov so im not sure if anyone has made this comparison yet. but im gonna go back way in the day of when speed numbers were normally ran at 8-9-11 most commonly and the KF bonus gave +2 speed which would generally equal up to +1 ap gen and would lead to units being moved up from 9 to 11 and so on so as it stands now the KF bonus giving +1speed and +1 ap storage is equal to the old bonus giving +3 speed. so perhaps it would be best if you simply adjusted the KF bonus to be +1 speed FF and +1 ap storage in split faction since that's the equivalent of the old KF bonus that no one *****ed about.

9. EnigmaXIII

Again, hes not trying to just NERF kf the way your are. Hes trying to make the split option more viable. KF +1 SPD and +1 AP storage is not overpowered, and your suggestion for SF changes nothing.

10. themacca

for the record i don't have a problem with the KF bonus. but i understand why people ***** and i just put in a pretty solid reasoning behind it, the whole reason people are trying to get it changed is because they feel the bonus is too strong so obviously it's going to be a nerf either way regardless of if you change what it does or if you change how effective it is it will still be a nerf.

11. EnigmaXIII

No thats not "Obviously" what its gonna be. Sokolov, if you could just scroll up a bit, proposed leaving the FF bonus as is and buffing the SF bonus. Again, its not overpowered, peoples opinions vary. Claiming KF isnt overpowered is a different story. But im not part of the +1 SPD means u win the game movement. With that being said i dont mind it being changed, but what u purpose is a boring and bland nerf. No creativity. Just make it weaker to satisfy the people complaining.

12. themacca

Gee im sorry i didnt realize this was completely closed to debate my mistake from now on i shall restrain myself from having any opinions in the future. thanks big guy

13. Daerthalus

Daerthalus Devotee of the Blood Owl

I am afraid you are incorrect. The new KF is not in better than the Old one was.
    The OLD KF bonus was +2 Speed which actually translate to +1 AP Gen and +1 AP Storage today.

Previous a champion generated (SPD/2) (round up), and could store AP = Speed.
    9 SPD ==> Store 9 AP. (Today would be 6 SPD, Store 10)
    11 SPD ==> Store 11 AP. (Today would be 7 SPD, Store 11)
    13 SPD ==> Store 13 AP. (Today would be 8 SPD, Store 12)

Previously, +2 SPD would result in 1 more AP generated, and 2 more AP Stored. Today +1 SPD is +1 AP generated and +1 AP stored, so it makes sense that the KF bonus grants an extra +1 AP stored to bring it back on level with its origial bonus.