Anti-equip

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by Schmacko, Feb 5, 2017.

1. Schmacko

Schmacko I need me some PIE!

After being gone for years I found out today that magnetize is now a relic counter and not an equip counter... which honestly makes it kind of useless to me. Does SL have any non-champ based equipment counters or do people just kind of play around annoying equipment?

2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Try Reforge

19madfox95 and Dolcebrodude like this.
  3. Schmacko

It figures it'd be one of the 4 spells I don't have a copy of... At least it's forgeable. Gracias for the assistance.

4. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Coding hasn't been changed yet, so Magnetize still destroys both relics and equipments.

5. Schmacko

Hmmm.... while tempting I'd probably feel like I was abusing a bug if I used a rune for a purpose other than what its text says it should be doing. Reforge is 5 nora cheaper and I'm mainly looking for anti-equip so I'll give that a go. I figure tornado can handle most relics.

Dolcebrodude likes this.
  6. Dolcebrodude

Dolcebrodude The King of Potatoes

Exactly my reasoning!

7. Karamasov

Karamasov Lord of SL & Master of Challenges

Since it is the way it has been working as long as I can remember and the balance just haven't gone through yet, I just thought it ok. Thinking about it, I agree on not using it.

Reforge is a useful spell, if you can find the space. And it's actually 15n cheaper, if you use it as anti-equip because of the refund. With the current cost of Tornado, it's too good not to run and it takes care of relics. So in conclusion, it might arguably be better to run Reforge + Tornado over (old) Magnetize.