Anti-Spell Draksar Phalanx

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by themacca, Oct 12, 2016.

1. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

So after a conversation with @Lushiris last night i came to thinking how much better a phalanx is if you're resistant to AOE damage. So i've come to making a Tainted Statue Ultra phalanx Draksar BG. No spells as much as it sucks to be losing power turn capability that SL has theyre also the best chance the opponent has at beating a strong phalanx.

This is my BG
    [​IMG]

Key runes.
    Draksar Lord: is a massive hunk of meat and is generally the go-to to start your phalanx because of how long it takes for him to die
    Judge Torien: Stalls out 1 unit when they attempt to engage the phalanx
    Shieldwarden/Nisk: Granting Combat awareness Equipment and weaken spells basically making the phalanx immune to any kind of AOE though without taint their health will eventually wittle down.
    Facilitator: Allows units to advance without being ranged down thanks to command dodge
    High Priest: Infinite upward stat scaling and global damage HP and defense boost
    Tainted Statue: Combined with weaken spells on 3 units spells with either never get used or always be a negative tradeoff for the opponenet
    Lasher Helm: Forces the opponent to eventually engage unless they have 2 healing champions then im screwed

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Lasher Helms <3

I see a problem in your bg, you lack utility and have too many runes wich relly on power stacking over time while lacking the option to stall your opponent long enough to reach the sweet spot. (Punish is not always the best stalling tool)

Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
  3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

nvm about what i sayd, forgot that draksars only have ap control and statcking

4. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Gatling guns, phalanx marker, indignation, 2nd temple guard, 2nd statue for draws (you're pretty crippled if 1 statue is the last reveal).