Any tips for a returning vet?

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by saromon50, Mar 14, 2014.

1. saromon50

saromon50 I need me some PIE!

http://poxbase.com/#!/deck/CuOCfVcdPcd6cy7c5zC33C31C9FC3+sys7Fs8fs3os86sOsAS70r3TrAr20EN

Here is what I have for my UD bg. I am considering doing away with the sheol's fireball's either just one or both, but I don't know what I would want instead. I am testing the puppet masters to see how I like those, but may go back to my DePs.

Any other tips would be appreciated. There are other runes I would like to include but I am unable to acquire. Lemme know if there are any runes I should really focus on getting.

2. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Definitely check out Hook Fiend. Your nonchamp selection is pretty weird too, I'd suggest

-1 (or 2) Demon Shield, -1 Sheoul's Fireball
    +2 Tinderbox

I'd also look at Fading Recollection and 2x Maddening Echoes for things like Demolish and PoV.

3. saromon50

PoV? I always thought this was auto include. Haha I guess I will have to relearn more than I thought.
    Any champ selections that don't make sense? As they seem ok from my own perspective.

4. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

ye i got you a tip , meet me up in game man long time no see :D

5. saromon50

Well get in game then! :p

6. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Man im around most the time nowadays :D , anyway i could help u with UD playstyle/bg wise another time :)

saromon50 likes this.
  7. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

2 Pincushions, 2 Succubi, and 1 SpellKaiser all sort of fulfill a similar role. I'd probably cut the succubi and add a DEP and a hookfiend, giving you more mobility.

You're detectless and have no bloodtracker champs. Might want to add a griefbearer or replace 1 of the above w/ a minotaur sentry-similar role, but also add detect.

I still use PoV, but a lot of the time I feel losing half of my avatars health is too risky unless that PoV is going to win me the game then and there. Assuming you scry a few times, after PoV your avatar is at like 35 health. That's pretty easy to chew through on a powerturn (heck, Serkan might be able to do it alone on a regular turn). So I kind of feel PoV requires one or two scorched dwarfs (which I have trouble finding the space for). I wish PoV was just a fixed cut in avatar health, or the spell gave champions some type of heal avatar on kills ability for one turn, so a well-used PoV would give you an opportunity to heal back some or all of the lost avatar health.

saromon50 likes this.