Any travelers out here?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Poxpoints, Nov 26, 2016.

1. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

Figured if there are, you guys might enjoy this!

This is my roadtrip that started somewhere 2 years back and ended about a year ago! I hitchhiked from Miami to San Fran, ended up in New York after being rejected at the airport in the Bahamas. After which I went on to live in Costa Rica for 3 months, on to the Dominican Republic for a bit, went home to work for 2 months, to finish of with another 3 months in Costa Rica!

Finally managed to made a compilation, so yeah, enjoy!

Since that trip, I've had to cut down on traveling a fair bit, which isn't to say I haven't traveled at all, just not for such a long stretch of time!

Pattn199, PhdNiceGuy, Qucas and 2 others like this.
  2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Dope son

Poxpoints likes this.
  3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Do time travelers count?

I seem to have this strange tendency to travel through time at 1 second per second.

Paladin likes this.
  4. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Nice. I'm doing 6 months in south America in June. Saving the pennies is hard.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I spent a month in Russia when I was younger. Went through Paris, Rome, and Amsterdam on my way there and back.

6. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

Costa Rica looks pretty incredible tbh

SPiEkY and darklord48 like this.
  7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

we just call them roma or gypsies in continental europe.

8. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Good to see you're still around.

As for travel, I've been to Italy, Hungary, Germany, Canada, and Mexico. Technically I was in Austria, but that was only passing through twice, from Italy to Hungary in 2001, and from Germany to Italy in 2009.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

pally outta nowhere

on topic tho i went to canada once.

did a cross country road trip (DC to LA, and then back to NC), but most of my experience going from state to state is highway. new mexico had probably the best scenery (excluding the diversion to the grand canyon)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    Geressen likes this.
  10. Poxpoints

Poxpoints I need me some PIE!

@JazzMan1221 Mind. Blown. (not really, but I figured I'd give you the satisfaction, haha!)

@badgerale Where at in South America? Or just traveling all over? Couchsurfing is an awesome way to save some money and meet locals!

@PhdNiceGuy What kind of business, hobbies and what do both have to do with autism?

@Markoth Never made it out to Russia myself, I don't know, I always tend to go to warm places (Belgium is cold and rainy plenty)!
    But I've been planning on going someday anyways, probably just to St. Petersburg and than more up North into Scandinavian countries!
    I've been multiple times to Paris and Amsterdam but only once to Rome. Than again, depending on how long ago that was I guess things have changed a lot!

@Paladin Yeah, I fell in love with that country big time. Before I never could really say what my favourite country was, as each country has their good and bad things! But at the moment, at least for me, it's Costa Rica by some margin!

@Geressen Not sure if you knew, but I'm from Belgium!

@darklord48 How was Mexico and Canada, I definitely want to check those countries out myself some time!

@Dagda Hmm, I guess for me in the US, Colorado had the best scenery from what I've seen that is!
    How did you like Canada?

Geressen likes this.
  11. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I'll be sure to use simple language.

#belgenmoppen.

12. Paladin

Paladin The King of Potatoes

I pop in from time to time ;)

As for actual travelling I've done, grew up in Saudi Arabia + Mexico before coming to the US, went to Edinburgh for uni, speak Mandarin fluently (and some Russian) so I started a steel trading company with a few Russian friends I met at Edinburgh, moved to China and have been working in Singapore/China/the former USSR, particularly Azerbaijan, Georgia, Russia and Kazakhstan, for the past few years managing the company. It's been interesting to say the least. Made time to visit a few periphery areas as well, so I when I lived in Saudi I visited pre-war Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Turkey etc.

Moving back to the UK next year to read law.

13. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Canada feels a lot like northern Minnesota. Towns are far between, there are a lot of lakes, rivers, and woodland. I haven't been to any major cities.

Mexico I've only been to border towns, so not a good representation of the country as a whole.

14. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Starting in Rio and then basically going round the continent clockwise - Brazil - Uruguay - Argentina- Chile - Peru- Columbia then down the amazon back into Brazil.

I'm a bit older than you and am going with my girlfriend, so probably won't be completely roughing it. Probably a mix of different types of accommodation. I want to splash out on an airbnb or cheapish hotel for some places - like in Buenos Aires, which is somewhere I've always wanted to go