Anyone willing to explain Pox's progression over the last three years?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Krisarius, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Krisarius

Krisarius The King of Potatoes

Hi, all.

Sorry for creating a thread that asks quite a lot from you kind strangers. I was recently reminded of Pox Nora while trying Faeria--it clearly draws inspiration from Pox, right?--and became curious to see what it looks like today. I must confess that my nostalgia is strong. I got into Pox when it was still an Octopi game, stuck with it for most of its life with SOE, and made a half-assed effort to come back when Desert Owl took the reins. I spent many hours and more money than was reasonable on this game--I still randomly recall the music from time to time.

Right. So. Would anyone be willing to give a brief summary of the changes since Desert Owl took over? Again, I realize that's quite a lot of time to cover. I'd be very grateful for your efforts. Thanks!

2. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

• countless balance changes and rune redesigns
    • you now get 1 free mulligan at beginning of game and you can no longer shrine scry
    • some faction bonuses have changed (SL and KF in split faction)
    • some font bonuses have changed (ST and IS mainly)
    • some common abilities have been redesigned across all champs (i.e. leap)

3. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

4 big things have happened since DoG completed it's hostile takeover.

1st Thing. Revamp
    Every champion was given a set bunch of abilities and had its cost actually calculated using a new formula instead of randomly applied. Upgrades were changed to be a choice instead of a 100% necessary upgrade.

2nd Thing. Expansions
    A few interesting new abilities and champions that occured over the last few years worth of expansions each one probably boosted player base significantly for about 1-2 months

3rd. The consolidation effort
    In an attempt to make the game easier to understand abilities that have similar effects were changed to have similar parameters, Relocation to range 5- CD 3 ETC

4th. The Bug fixes
    Bugs still exist of course but a huge amount of bugs have been fixed in the last year especially.

2 big things to come

New Client
    Displays more info, more cleanly, smoother, less spaghetti coding makes everything on their end easier

Playstation 4 release.
    Game on ps4 at some point

4. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

They had been advertising pox with PlayStation for a long time, even before Dog. I think pox wasn't part of SOE at first, and when it became part of soe, they started talking about a possible PS3 release.

5. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

pox was an indie company, octopi, which got bought out by soe, which was then sold by soe back to some of octopi's core who had rebranded to be dog

p sure that's the history

6. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

SOE was more interested in turning pox into a Facebook game and the whole steam thing iirc

7. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Year 1 - Good
    Year 2 - Better
    Year 3 - Best
    Year 4 - Whoa!