Apparently there is no free speech in Europe.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Ragic, Mar 20, 2018.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

'Left' is just short for 'left wing'.

The 'wing' part does not make it any more extreme - just that it is left of centre.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

There are various positions on the political spectrum you can be left without being communists just like you can be right without being Nazis.

The radical left is more of who I was referring to, the sjw/communist left are not supporting his freedom of speech while more central leftists are

3. badgerale

I'm struggling to find anyone, radical, far, 'SJW', or any other sort of 'left' that isn't against this.

For example this appeared in the independent, which is the furthest left of any mainstream British paper: https://www.independent.co.uk/voice...peech-comedy-joke-iran-offended-a8270631.html

You might be able to dig up a different opinion in the vastness of the internet but I doubt there is many.

By all means criticise the conviction, but don't construct a fictional 'SJW' to beat with it.

4. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

I can criticize the conviction, the law, and the ideology that passed the law. The problem isn't the degree of the punishment, the problem is that some people think there should be a punishment in the first place. And SJW is a pretty accurate label as to who those people are.

but this guy defines them soo much better than I ever could

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  5. badgerale

" that some people think there should be a punishment in the first place"
    As i keep saying I haven't met any, there seems to be universal condemnation of this as going too far.

You can call people SJWs or Feminazis or rambling ****weeds for all i care, but i will put in in quotation marks because i think it's a bullshit hyperbolic buzzword that has little descriptive value. I mean, people like you mean do exist, i don't deny that, but there aren't very many of them.

Aslo i'm not watching anymore of your Firking videos

6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I thought it was their goverment and a couple of hate crime experts
    tell me more.

7. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

man why are you fighting so hard against the social injustice of hyperbolic buzzwords.

you're fighting it so hard you are like.... a warrior.... against social injustice.

like some sort of .... WASI !

8. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

methinks he doth protest too much.

9. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

They all Putin’s puppets

10. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

this thread is not about the Trump administration.

themacca and Comissar like this.
  11. calisk

The government is aligned far left or so it seems anyway

12. badgerale

You are the Dicem0ney of politics.

themacca and Geressen like this.
  13. calisk

Well maybe I mean I checked they claim centre right but I've never seen center aligned government destroy freedom of speech while at the same time claiming it's to protect feelings like the left does every day.

Sure seems far left at least on that one.

The UK government was required to answer a question about free speech recently the response was comical

I have trouble telling the difference between the EU and the UK, I also can never tell who actually calls the shots between the two.

14. calisk

In case anyone was wondering what I was talking about in that last comment

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

Im just glad we are placing all politics in a left-right axis ignoring any other criteria and not acknowledging that in most countries depending on the subject parties can take a stance that would be considered opposite of their what the american political alignment's view on the issue is.

themacca likes this.
  16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

how are you confused about the EU and the UK?

the UK is a kingdom composed of 4 countries operating as a single country
    and
    the EU is an supernational trade, judicial and legislitave organisation of which a lot of countries are a member.

the UK executive and judiciary branch are the ones involved here. though it would be hilarious to see an appeal to the EU judges because the UK s you might know, is in the process of leaving the EU, because they want to fish the seas empty and got lied to about money and immigrants.

the second and third playlists should explain how it works: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3A6jJUgAGurgTu9pG9sY6w/playlists?disable_polymer=1

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

18. calisk

Was sarcasm. I was calling the UK government lap dogs for the EU.

I'm just waiting for the excuse to ignore brexit

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

where I come from lap dogs are well behaved.
    yeh cause it's not like there's a bunch of actual people that can't tell the difference in this forum right?

20. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Your all idiots, we sit and argue daily about the left and the right, yet we agree on all the same things.

Left, right, black, white, catholic, Muslim, it does not matter to rich billionaires that rule the world.

It's much simpler to conquer a divided people than a United people.