apparently there was a school shooting in america?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Geressen, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

guns are legal and there were no questions asked when he bought the guns but you want a part time taxi driver to stick his nose into peoples business?

alright.

2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

This wouldn't make you a bit skeptical ? Kid orders an uber when school has already started, has a bunch of heavy oddly shaped bags, and says drop him off at the school. You can't tell me you wouldn't be a tiny bit skeptical if you lived in America ? My crazy radar would go off instantly, and I would have called the cops.

3. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Next you're gonna say they were in cahoots and the uber guy was supposed to be the kid's getaway car.

Like, how many times has a taxi driver asked you "So, what have you got in those lumpy bags of yours?" It's not gonna happen. Because drivers are more concerned about losing their jobs to a breach of privacy lawsuit than they are about their 10 millionth customer being a school shooter.

Geressen likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

it's only a matter of time before a kid running late with a bag of props for the theater departement gets shot.

saving everyone from another school play.

5. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    etc.

Jeez Geressen, do you put any actual thought and time into the buzzwords and arguments you so quickly parrot from your political bubble?
    Super71 is the only one I've seen on these forums to have actually matured in how they argue things, almost everyone else has stayed at the mostly 2-year old level.

Alakhami likes this.
  6. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

why would I? not like Americans will ever learn.
    I'm just flinging Bane Shift and seeing wat sticks here
    *laughs in European*
    this includes you. poophead!

7. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

I do find it odd that the people who say it is a mental health problem are the same people who are against universal healthcare.

MaruXV and BurnPyro like this.
  8. super71

I'm against a version of healthcare where I pay for people's healthcare and my own,I wouldn't mind it if I was paying for veterans, children, or people that can't afford it, what I don't wanna pay for is people unwilling to work not unable.

I also don't wanna pay for illegals which we currently do, logically it just seems flawed to me. Legal citizens foot the bill for illegals, and we foot the bill for ourselves, so we're paying double and paying our taxes and illegals pay.....

It's a flawed system, if our government actively checked in on people who have "health issues" and can't work, then I'm fine with it unfortunately they do not.

I've seen many people getting paid cash for the work, which I can't blame them for as our tax system is broken, but then I see those same people claiming government assistance because they can't work. It's very frustrating, either support yourself or get help if you actually need it.

I did state a lot of these shootings started after we took a lot of funding away from mental health problems, which in my opinion was dumb.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2018
  9. super71

Doesn't really matter to me, he just doesn't like law abiding citizens with a right to a fire arm. He thinks we're all hillbillies and red necks, because we believe in our rights to own a fire arm.

I just don't think guns are the problem, I think people are the problem, society is a problem, and our social structure is a problem. We've become a very backward society and that's all over the whole world not just in the USA.

Alakhami likes this.
  10. super71

It's also hard for me to compare statistics with small European countries compared to America

Germany which is one of the more populated countries in Europe has 82 million people

The united state has a population of 323 million people, and god knows how many unaccounted illegals. It was somewhere around 11.6 million in 2016, so it's probably close to 15 or 20 now. Which is double norways entire population.

I do believe if americas population was under 10 million, we'd have a much lower crime rate in every regard.

Also noticed that a lot of these shootings didn't happen when America was first founded, probably because everyone that came here was an American first and everything else second. Now people wanna be Mexican America, African american, Irish american, Asian American blah blah. What happened to just being American ?

I used to believe I knew how America could be fixed, but I have no clue anymore. Too many people don't wanna help themselves, and you can't help everyone.

11. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I find these threads really stupid.

The US has, for historical and ideological reasons, few gun restrictions. Compared to pretty much anywhere.

The US also has hugely inflated gun crime/deaths compared to similar wealthy countries. This is obviously going to be true since guns are very hard to find in most countries, and there are heavy sentences for being caught with them. It has more massacres too, the obvious cause is that there are readily available means for massacring.

The US tends to have more crime/murders than other wealthy countries too-- this is harder to ascribe to anything as we are talking about different cultures, different histories, different geographies.

Should the US ban guns? If they feel like reducing gun violence (though this is a long term goal, guns won't disappear at the stroke of a pen) then yes. It would help US people, and those in Mexico and Central America. It would likely be a good thing overall.

But it would also result in short term troubles which are very real - mostely about insurgencey but also perhaps a degree of gun crime (though I am pretty sceptical about this personally).

It is also an ideological question about the US version of freedom, which is about safeguarding individualism despite very real human costs. I don't presume to try to lecture US people on that.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

AND UNTILL WE ERASE THESE PEOPLE THE VETERANS, CHILDREN AND POORS CAN SUCK IT!

sorry please continue.

I see no problem there

I think that should be left to a, let's say.... well regulated militia, sorta like it says in one of your amendments.

yeah we've noticed.

sokolov can explain.

fer fecks sake we've been telling you! WE'VE BEEN TELLING YOU FOR YEARS! STOP NOT HELPING YOURSELF!

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

These threads always going the same way

still amusing tho

Geressen likes this.
  14. Gaverion

What I am getting from this is that you want undocumented immigrants and those on the fringes of society to become school shooters?

BurnPyro likes this.
  15. super71

You guys just make blanket statements, pick a single phrase out of every thing I say and run with it. It's not arguing or debating it's just silly, and a waste of all our time.

The only thing I've gotten from every thread in off topic is, @Geressen doesn't like white people, guns, America, freedom of speech, and has openly said multiple times the world needs less white Americans. Which is pretty ironic coming from the guy that preaches love and acceptance, and shouts down anything that he doesn't agree with.

Also, everytime a militia is formed and assembled they are labeled "white supremacists" by the news media. Which in itself should give you a pretty good idea that the news is a bit skewed in a certain direction.

Also all the companies boycotting the NRA..... So these companies are alienating more than half the country, because the NRA had nothing to do with any of the shootings ? It just doesn't make any sense, I've never heard local NRA member shoots up a school, or bar, or concert. Why is the NRA, one of the few places that teaches gun safety, and the danger of a fire arm under attack ? Just because they sell guns ? Beer stores sell alcohol, they don't have a course on how to be responsible with it, and that kills thousands a year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.wa...-texas-church-shooter-the-nra-found-its-hero/

These stories are everywhere, a good person stops a bad person with a gun.

If you guys like statistics

https://www.google.com/amp/www.chic...nd-shootings-violence-20180219-story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cn...us/chicago-murders-2017-statistics/index.html

650 people killed, that is a god damn warzone. How many of these murders were done by NRA members or people with a conceal carry permit ? Chicago has strict gun laws

More laws isn't the problem, people are the problem.

I've agreed we need better background checks, and people with mental health problems or anything violent on their record should ever possess a firearm. I'm pro gun, and know many people that feel the exact same way on this topic and are also pro gun.

NRA was one of the first groups to want a ban on bumpstocks, after the concert shooting.

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I never said the world needs less WHITE americans
    I said less americans.

also you lie about me and white people, freedom of speech.

you also still do not understand what the NRA does, and seem to think half the country is an NRA member. so you are the silliest.

17. Gaverion

Geressen likes this.
  18. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

great two faced flip floppers batman!

19. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

20. super71

This was a very good video in my opinion, and pretty much explains how Americans feel about guns from both sides. Do I think the idea of more laws will solve the problem, probably not. The debate format is interesting though, and it seems to be more effective than what we have now.

Also, I thought the old guy was gonna off everyone and start screaming walkerssssss.