Archangel of Al'Mara

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by vipoid, Aug 5, 2014.

1. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

What do people think of the Archangel after the recent patch?

Is he still worth running with only 6 spd and Abuse Charged instead of Attack Charged?

2. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

She wasn't really worth running before lol

Thbigchief likes this.
  3. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

Without a defensive ability and a way to control charge gain its definitely not worth running anymore.

4. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

She is crap now.

Like before she was usable, but now its sadly been put into the shoe box.

5. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- Not worth running at all. I think the recent changes were intended to be a buff but they are not, and if it was intended to be a nerf then lol. Immortality should be removed as well...she doesn't have an on deploy effect or death effect so immortality is just a sandbag in this situation,

- She needs a role defined. Since blessing of almara got that wonky angel part put on....it would make sense to have an "Archangel" have some synergy with this non-existent theme to help glue it together. Aid defense perhaps and she could be the tanker for angels while supporting as well.

- I'd scrap her and start over giving her scale armor + aid defense + antagonize for her core. Then she has a purpose. Drop immortality ASAP tho unless adding blessing of the fallen or on- deploy mechanic but that would require another overhaul.

6. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I say give her bestow and charged heal base. Attack charged 1 and 7 speed.

Like this rune was my favorite forever, and its been demolished by people that know nothing of her true power because they want her "cheap." She needs a revert.

7. vipoid

Shame.

I quite liked the Archangel before the change. It was probably lacking in efficiency, but it had good speed and some fun abilities.

Now... ugh.

Oh well, thanks for the responses everyone. Now, please excuse me while I extract the angel from all my IS bgs...

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

When did her speed go to 6? Was it in the last patch because it wasn't included in the patch notes.

PS Wind Generator should be changed to: This relic has Wind Aura, Gale and all flying units in play gain Tailwind...

Last edited: Aug 5, 2014
  9. vipoid

Well, I know it was very recent, so I can only assume that it was changed in the last patch.

10. sassquatch

It had to have been during the last patch cuz my last game b4 the patch was laughing at my barrel toss against an angel that kept it from doing anything vs me and it kept popping up to 7 ap and the guy raged from not being able to double tap to get the kill to stay in the fight.

11. Legato

Legato I need me some PIE!

I like her current iteration, she just needs to lose Immortality. She was far too expensive before.
    I wish she could have access to two charge abilities simultaneously though.

She's an iconic 7 speeder so the decrease is unfortunate but if it's what lets you run her at just 80, I'm not complaining too much.

I'd like to know her cost at 7 speed (though unless font bonus is changed no 7 speed flying unit will ever be cheap), I personally don't mind the 6 speed (I think it's more of a shame Magnus is 6 speed).
    I want to drop immortality altogether, and instead have Aerial Supremacy on base, or that + Bestow.

First Ability Line:
    Charged Heal
    Grant: Flight
    Purified

Second Ability Line:
    Charged Flame Fist
    Scale Armor - Option to run as dedicated tank/old design
    Protective (Option for future Angel theme/fits flavor text)

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
  12. vipoid

Too expensive? Really?

I'd gladly pay 6 measly points for +1SPD and attack charged instead of Abuse charged.

13. Ulfheobar

Ulfheobar The King of Potatoes

Give it cast: blessing of al mara

14. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Why the Firk was this champion changed to 6 speed? Was this your doing Markoth?

This is getting so damn frustrating. Expensive, flying, fast, reusable does good dmg. Thats what she was. JFC, what are we doing? Just randomly changing champions in random fashions for random reasons?

/rant on

STOP WITH THE FÙCKING RANDOM CHANGES, YOU AREN'T MAKING THE GAME OR THE FACTION BETTER. YOU'RE JUST CHANGING Bane Shift AND WASTING TIME.

/rant off

Yes, it was changed last patch.

15. sassquatch

It wasn't an intentional charge for archangel Magnus or inquisitor to be drop to 6 spd based on the patch notes and what markoth had mentioned in another thread. I expect it will be reverted back next patch.

Edit: the old powerhouse 93 Nora champ was awesome as it was.... people need to stop curb stomping on the idea that expensive big champs are bad.... many people like them and use them successfully.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  16. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes, it was.
    On his council thread he proposed its speed be dropped to 6, which is a trend also amongst st champs due to "8 spaces first turn bullcrap".
    But it also has to do with that "buff/nerf according to one players will" trend.

sassquatch likes this.
  17. sassquatch

I will take your word that it was.... but he had talked like that shouldn't have happened in another thread. And it's something that needs to stop happening.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Your edit is my point as well. We need to stop with this school of thought that everything needs to be 59-79 nora, boring, slow, and easy to kill.

Rapidice, Pedeguerra and sassquatch like this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Agreed wholeheartly with both of you.

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Well that's ****** brilliant.

21. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

To clarify, being made 6 speed was never an official suggestion. The EXACT post that was made on the council forums is on page 3 or 4 of the Desk thread for those that would like to read for themselves. The only suggestion was Abuse Charged 2 over Attack Charged 1, though I did inquire how much the cost would be effected if the speed was dropped to 6. If I had to wager a guess, the speed was dropped to 6 on the internal servers to check what the cost would be like and it was forgotten. They never put it back and it accidentally made its way live during the patch. The fact that the speed reduction was not included in the patch notes lends to this theory. If you read the same thread that I just indicated you would see Archangel listed under the patch "errors" section saying that she should return to 7 speed next patch.