Archangel of Al'Mara

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by vipoid, Aug 5, 2014.

1. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Generally I would love to see IS move back in that direction but the largest hurdle is the huge number of "phalanx busters" that have entered the game since that age. Cones, bombs, defense ignoring abilities, relocation effects, spells like Maddning Echoes, SP relics etc.
    The pace of the game has changed and if you cannot survive or seize the early game then it doesn't matter how strong your late game is.
    I dont ever see IS as being a faction that should dominate the early game but it should be damned hard for the opponent to gain much of an edge. IS units should be solid individually but freaking scary when in groups. If IS gets built up late game good luck stopping them.

2. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

You do know why its not the same as pre revamp right? It was pre revamp...

3. Tarth

You would have to hit all the clump buster abilities and spells out there to return phalanx.

4. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Spells wouldn't need to be hit, that's what IS's faction bonus is for.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Exactly. And it's very likely that there are too many out there to feasibly take care of. As much as I'd love to go back to the glory days it doesn't seem likely.

6. Tarth

....Spells like gale, borghas, NW, dont really care about -6 spell damage.

7. Rapidice

Rapidice I need me some PIE!

Maybe adding more champs with Weaken Spells?Usually my constructs phalanx would be around Silverclan Hoplites and Animated Armor, Weaken Spells + Enduring Aura + IS bonus. Wish Animated Armor regained Weaken Spells, that would really promote phalanx.

8. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- much like anything else times change...instead of phalanx old school...promote some tandem mini phalanx modules. When in range of an ally this champ gains X..and improve stuff like valor to protect our heavy investments early game