Are traps relics?

Discussion in 'Training Grounds and Game Guides' started by dragonistear, May 15, 2015.

1. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Basically, if a rune has lay trap, and another rune has relocate: relic or relic guardian, can it synergize with the traps laid?

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No, most traps are not relics. "Lay Trap: X" abilities generate a terrain element, rather than a tangible object. Some champions have abilities that deploy relics, though, and one of those may be a trap. An especially common one is "Deploy: Land Mine," which creates a stealthed Land Mine relic.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Bone trap is a relic
    Acid, fire, frost, poison, and rock are all terrain modifiers.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Technically, there is also a Rock Trap relic, which can be produced by Shallaxy the Courier or deployed from the runedock, but that is separate from the Physical-Damage traps produced by the ability Lay Trap: Rock.

darklord48 likes this.
  5. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

waaaaaaait traps are not relics? really?

6. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It depends upon the kind of trap.

7. Morfeas

explain if you got the time, which ones are and which ones aren't (and what's the deal between real and summons)

8. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

The second post in this thread covers the basics. Anything generated by the original "Lay Trap: X" abilities is a terrain element, not a relic, while anything which stealths and occupies actual space is a relic. Any trap which is Summoned is also a relic, as it must have substance to hold the Summoned modifier.

9. Morfeas

so basically the answer is that all traps besides the "lay" ones, are relics and can be relocated

correct?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In short, yes.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

champion generated relic traps may no longer contest fonts.

Morfeas likes this.
  12. Morfeas

These are the kinds of threads that should be in GD, instead of all that fluff, zealotry and the collection of useless threads posted by certain 3 people.

Anima26 likes this.
  13. dragonistear

dragonistear I need me some PIE!

Lol yay, I pose good questions...

But to reiterate... The Silverclan Tinkerer skill doesn't lay a relic.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Correct. He grants the ability to generate terrain-layer objects.

15. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

This well-articulated thread is a cracking exemplar of why Pox is rather impenetrable to many potential new players. :(