Are we at a design stage where all factions get everything?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GemmaXylia, May 20, 2015.

1. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Whats the first most powerful then

2. Revengercm

Revengercm I need me some PIE!

Screw it. Remove all factions and start over.

SL - Sunny Lands
    KF - Kool Flaid
    UD - "Under Developed"
    IS - InSanity
    SP - Shy Puppies
    FW- Far Wasted
    ST - Super Teabag
    FS- Free Senshus

voodoochile and Iskandak like this.
  3. Rokkushun

Rokkushun Devotee of the Blood Owl

63f5f55dee34cf45bdc5a8d37b7d14c4.png
    FREE HIM

Paladin likes this.
  4. nynevening

nynevening Member

In the DND books, wich are like a bible upon which we build worlds and fantasy games. Tarrasque is his name and he is unkillable.
    May Gygax have mercy upon our souls.

5. nynevening

nynevening Member

I'm not saying they should not have weakness, but they should be as strong as (or even stronger than) heroes in other factions.
    Beatable, off course, and balanced(they would cost more)!!! And their weakness would be exploited, just as their strenghs.

Im talking about flavor you know.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Powerchamps are not fun. There was zeventrech, which was pretty much what you want, and it was a complete pain in the bum and not at all fun to play against (unless you had enough reaper blades, then it was incredibly fun).

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I've always really liked fighting against crazy bullshit strategies. It changes the game dynamic entirely, and means the game isn't just about who is good at canonical Pox, but who is better at rapidly interpreting and exploiting an entirely new play environment. (That's even when I'm playing normal BGs, not FW.)

8. nynevening

nynevening Member

That guy is exatcly what im talking about. Plus one defense, +20 HP, plus shielded, change race to dragon. Adjust cost.
    A pain to kill, very strong, not unbeatable tough.
    Some people might find it fun, let them have their share of fun.

9. Boozha

I like that too, and I love building trick decks, but powerchamp and spell spam are two themes that I can't stand. Just ... galling.

I find it disgusting, let me have my share of not being disgusted

10. nynevening

nynevening Member

If its balanced, its not disgusting.
    In the end its all about nora!

11. Boozha

What does "balanced" mean? FW eats powerchamps for breakfast, FS just surrenders as soon as they hit the board (unless they happen to be one of the three champs you can drown (before they get shield)). That doesn't sound balanced does it.

12. nynevening

nynevening Member

You're talking about the actual game in its current context, I'm talking about an hypothetical situation.
    FW eats powerchamps? They shouldn't, lets work that. FS just surrenders? Why? Lets fix that.

You see? Your arguments using the current state does not mean anything because I'm talking hypothetically.
    Its possible to have powerchamps, you just have to balance. Its done wrong before? Lets do its right this time.

13. stayflyazn

stayflyazn Devotee of the Blood Owl

the differences are still around, they just arent as apparent. the original themes/races have kept the original faction flavor for the most part, its the newer themes/races that cause any existent skew from that

Revengercm likes this.
  14. nynevening

nynevening Member

More of the same actually. I mean, more dragons so ppl so people can make a bg out of them.

Not me, I'm an elfs kinda of guy. But I would like to win/lose while playing against some nasty winged elemental/magical lizards.

15. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I was thinking about this earlier, whereas k'thir used to be the fast faction i look at sl today and go wtf ? 2 8 speed champs a bunch of 7 speed champs in the last few expansions and then a ton of champs with 6 speed and ready 2. I thought we were steering away from all the speed creep yet the last few expansions have thrown around ready and 8 speed champs like it's no tomorrow.

16. nynevening

nynevening Member

And they should be slow and tanky...

17. Kampel

I dont really talk about the very very first rune set that came out but how it was supposedly designed to progress over expansions, but everything changed when the fire nation attacked.

-On IS i dont remember warcry on the early stage (wasnt it added to Dwarven King later on?)
    -With FW recyclable champs i was talking about their low CD champs with Boon's nora recovery, death benefit options and death nova meatballs.
    -Added ur info to KF, now it says "mobility manipulation".
    Thanks for the info :D

18. Kampel

But that was silly, it's like saying "any champ having more than 2 def should be Ironfist Stronhold", you cant base an entire faction's escence on a stat which has so little variation and huge impact, and it would be poor design to use only one variable to define them.

19. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

FS has cleansing aura now. Wut?

20. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

"Are we at a design stage where all factions get everything?"

No, we never will be, and the point in time where it does, I will quit Pox.