Arrayo RiftWalker Remake:

Discussion in 'Rune Ideas and Suggestions' started by Redderrick, Sep 2, 2017.

1. Redderrick

Redderrick I need me some PIE!

CURRENT:
    • [​IMG]
    Problem: Way too expensive for a theme that requires nora invested into DMZ related effects.(ie Why would you play this if you could just use a Czar and rift spirit surge bg with utility runes.Its unbelievably superior)
    • SPD: 7
    • RNG: 1-2
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 51
    • Race: Elemental, Spirit
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 81
    • Base Abilities:
      • Vulnerability: Fire When this unit takes Fire damage, that damage is increased by 25% (after DEF).
      • Attack: Magical This unit makes a Magical attack at its Range. This is a basic attack.
      • Majestic 1 Opposing champions adjacent to this unit are Awestruck.
      • Riftwalker Sacrifice a small champion owned by you within 5 spaces. This champion is healed for 10 and, if possible, is relocated to the location previously occupied by that champion. If the sacrificed champion had Race: Spirit or Elemental, this champion also gains 2 AP.
      Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • Power Attack 3 This unit makes an attack with +6 DMG.
        • Escalation This champion gains +1 DMG at the beginning of its owner's turns.
        • Escalating Rage At the beginning of its turn, this champion gains +2 DMG. Every 4th trigger, it also gains full AP. At the end of that turn, all DMG bonuses from this ability are removed.
      • 2 :
        • Regeneration 2 At the beginning of your turn, this unit heals 4 HP.
        • Purified At the beginning of your turn, this unit is Cleansed
        • Magic Acolyte Whenever a champion takes Magic damage, this champion heals 2 HP. This triggers up to 3 times per turn.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    REMAKE:
    • [​IMG]
    Fix: Lower cost defensive/offensive support
    • SPD: 6
    • DMG:0
    • RNG: 1
    • DEF: 1
    • HP: 35
    • Race: Elemental, Spirit
    • Class: Wizard
    • Base cost: 68-74
    • Base Abilities:
      • [​IMG] Riftwalk This champion is relocated to a random non-damaging, non-deploy-able location on the map and a rift spirit is spawned adjacent to it. (CD2;AP Cost: 3).
      • [​IMG] Stationary This unit may not spend AP on normal movement. Relocation effects are not affected.
      • [​IMG] Desecrated Zone 2 Area Effect 2: Affected spaces are Dead Magic Zone.
      • [​IMG] Rift Bound At the end of its turns, if this unit does not occupy Dead Magic Zone, it loses 2 MAX HP.
    • Upgrades:
      • 1 :
        • [​IMG] Bubble Target friendly champion within 4 spaces without a Buffer gains a Buffer of 10 HP. Using this ability does not desealth this champion. May target self.
        • [​IMG] Ritual of Power Target summoned champion within 5 spaces is destroyed. Friendly champions get +2 DMG for 4 turns.
      • 2 :
        • [​IMG] Ripples When a friendly champion is deployed from the rune dock, this champion's cooldowns are reduced by 1.
        • [​IMG] Portal This unit may teleport to any deployment zone its controller controls.
        • [​IMG] Hidden: Dead Magic Zone At the end of your turn, if this champion occupies a Dead Magic Zone, it becomes Stealthed. Otherwise, it loses Stealthed.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  2. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

Riftwalker is a really good champion, it's completely different to Czar that so comparison doesn't even make sense.

3. Redderrick

No he isnt... he consumes rift spirits that are supposed to benefit from the racial theme and playstyle of a rift BG

4. potatonuts

You obviously don't understand how to play it properly. I've won a ton of games with this champ and it's still awesome even after the nerf.

5. Redderrick

~Bump:
    *New edits.

6. potatonuts

This is just a completely different champion, and an awful one at that. What is the reason for reworking a champion which is perfectly runnable into something that isn't even identifiable as the same champion?

Have you ever played Arroyo? Riftwalker has been an integral part of my deck ever since he was released, he synergizes incredibly well with the rest of the theme and is quite strong in his own right. If I'm ever at risk of being rushed Riftwalker is the champion i look to deploy and will play a vital role in countering that rush if i'm able to do so. Even if I don't need a strong early game champion Riftwalker is always right in the middle of my powerturns because of his great mix of offensive and defensive traits.

I couldn't imagine running that abomination in it's place.

7. Redderrick

Yes I do play arrayo. In fact I am the originator of the riftling split, and let me tell you they arn't worth playing in the meta unless you are running them in a surge build.
    http://imgur.com/a/sK4jU

Any other build of this theme is significantly worst

Last edited: Sep 7, 2017
  8. potatonuts

k, don't see why any of that is relevant.

9. Redderrick

Because he doesn't make sense as a high cost champion with his kit within a rift bound center theme, you need to use your nora to sustain DMZ to allow rift bound units to enter the battle without loosing too much MAXHP or else they will all just die in 1 turn.
    You can run your build, but like I said, any other build is significantly worst than a surge split. I've done the experimenting and have the W/L ratios from the first ever Arrayo bg to the latest refined version. I currently have them on spreadsheets along with every-other FW bg because I am a turbo nerd who does spreads for a living.

10. potatonuts

If all your champs are dying in one turn it isn't because of rift bound. I've never had an issue preventing HP loss from Rift Bound even before Portal was added, just run a couple of champs with Shadestrike or Desecrated Zone. Honestly I think more Desecrated Zone in the theme would just make them too easy to play, though i've bugged Sok for it since they were released anyway.

I do run a Surge build, it's been pretty much the only way to play them since they were released, I was just hoping you'd realize that it has nothing to do with this argument. Unless you were trying to suggest that saccing one Rift Spirit now and again is somehow significant, which it absolutely is not.

If you are such a 'turbo nerd' like you keep saying then surely you understand that anecdotal evidence is useless. For all I know you were high on meth in those games.

11. Redderrick

If you run a surge build why are you trying to debate me on whether or not he makes sense in his current state... He's counter intuitive to surge and is a significant nora investment that can be used elsewhere.

12. potatonuts

Keep up mate. The advantages you get from using Riftwalker far outweigh +1 surge damage, especially if you only run one of the three Surge champs available to you.

Your proposed rework would be a completely useless champion. I'm not even exaggerating, might as well throw the nora down a hole.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2017