As an IS main: Sarcastic post or hard truths from a vet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anotherblackman, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

I dont care that 90% of my faction was defaced and nothing every worked or felt right the same after, however judging from the playerbase, thats a testiment to everyone who ever installed your game at one point, while you listened to people who asked for nora miner to get changed to 4 nora per round.
    I would never come back to this game.
    I used to make decks, now the game is telling me what to play
    Decks I streamlined:
    Northern cross obelisk + jangar Arcanist: destroyed
    Earth golem+flying: destroyed
    Leoss gaurdian +forge hammer: super nerfed
    Leoss in general: smacked off the face of the earth
    catapult decks: smacked off the face of the earth

Deep miner: 4 nora lmao.
    Priest of valdac is 70 nora destroyed
    Tinkerer is 70 nora: destroyed
    Dwarven Sarge destroyed
    Catapult destroyed
    Euan destroyed.
    Arch Angel of Almara: Ever seen the south park episode with Indiana Jones? yes this is how bad she was done.

Progress report card of a person who actually knew, memorized every ability, bug effect, sound effect, and visual effect and loved this game:
    Design: F
    Flavor: retake course
    Direction: For noobs who dont know how to be tactical, but wanna handicap themselves against good people and stomp people who cant think(case and point the Adapative direction you have gone shows you suck at this factions design, and got my favored nomad nerfed)
    Willingness to play: nonexistent

TLDR useful feedback:

Get very high, invert your body, and think of some new ideas and a whole new direction, because if I returned just to take a peek at this patch, and this the best yall got, yall need to really get some powerful drugs and go to a new place mentally for this faction. No one liked spell spamming IS while it was actually good, factor in the lack of Nora, the lack of solid champions and runes, and deck schematics, its the same Bane Shift.

Deploy melee champion(used to be called tanks but nothing in IS is that anymore) deploy ranged champion, if possible make sure both are adapative (so hard to think of this deck man) have tempo or favor out for spell spam. spell spam. depending on when and where you hammerstrike you win or lose.

If that last Paragraph described what you play, everytime you play IS, your developers suck at this game, and suck at making meaningful choices for this faction.

2. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The fact that people are still playing is pretty amazing considering the Bane Shift this game has been through.

The game still lives despite history, no one gives a Bane Shift about that deck you ran five years ago.

BurnPyro, Tweek516 and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

You say this, but the rest of your post sounds a lot like you just want to run the decks you built five years ago; I know you've been around long enough to know that the decks that were successful in 2010 didn't work nearly as well in 2015, and I'm not sure why you expect moving from 2015 to 2020 to be different. I stopped playing in 2015, and came back a few months ago; it's not just IS that's had things nerfed, power-level across the board has been toned down, in ways that are healthy for the state of the game as a whole; the game's balance feels healthier to me now than at any other point in its history (and I've been playing since 2008).

I'm really not sure where you're getting this idea that IS Adaptive is the only viable theme left in the faction; my most-played BG so far in 2021 has been IS Dwarf Paladins, no Adaptive involved, and I've been very successful with them. If you don't like Adaptive as a concept, that's perfectly fine - make something else!

4. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

Maybe you should actually play some games before you talk.

5. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Is has it really bad tbh, but fw has it worse no joke. I switched to ud because their death benefit is stronger

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

You really ought to play. the whole game has changed, not only IS. Saying that archangel of almara is bad shows how clueless you are.

Tweek516 likes this.
  7. Anotherblackman

No that shows how clueless you are.
    Arch Angel Of almara had a specific niche: immortal tank/beater
    Now it has the same exact stuff as 9 other runes, does the same thing as 20 other runes, and dies so fast you have no clue what the unit must of done.

but its okay though, I just made a thread saying " the game is a scam to make you spend money on Bane Shift you dont need" I have about every damn rune in the game, I can make whatever deck I want, but for those saying" oh no you cant play anything from 5 years ago"

This is the problem. Nothin I played from 5 years ago is even remotely fun, or looks fun, and if I find something fun, its going to get murdered it seems since everyone is "enjoying" this pattycake game yall got.

the fact that Righteous Deflection was destroyed and yall say "oh its for the good of the game"
    No thats some BS its for the comfort and lessen the frustration of people who can't play the damn game.

Ask anyone and everyone... If you didn't check for a R.D. you were trash and didn't know anything about IS, just like if you tried to 1v1 a KF unit in a font, you were promises to get vortexed, fern'd, or worse "fronded" I doubt KF had anything changed from the moment Hawkthrower became the most powerful unit in the game because he was a cheap ranged unit in a deck that had so much local and global buffs they would reach HP levels high than dwarves, have healing better than dwarves, have nora gen better than dwarves, and do this all while being in your font at round 2. If this has changed to something so "groundbreaking" please give me your precious insight into the current glory of this game, which to be honest I dont expect anyone of you to be passionate of the current game to even devote time to lie about that.

But you wouldnt know Bane Shift about anything other than some fairy BS anyways you do play KF Alphabet gender speed decks so who cares.
    Streamlining is for people who are content with there being nothing to explore, nothing to develop.

And If everyones response were to be: Oh you just need to play then game.
    I gotta better response: No one is playing this game. And this is why.

8. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Damn, I forgot just how much of a hopeless zealot you were. But now, not only are you that, you're also ignorant on top of it.

"No one is playing this game"? Why not ask @Etherielin for the details on player activity these past few months? Then you'll see how "dead" this game really is. The fact is, YOU haven't played this game in years, now you step back in like you've never left and claim to be a god of balance and insight into the state of the game, with no evidence other than some rambling diatribe about how great things used to be. All supported by misinformation and bias. Next you'll be telling us how Combo Attack: Devastate on Bastion was healthy and fair lol.

Get down off your soapbox and educate yourself. This game is in one of the best states it's been in since the late 2000s, IS included. Yes, certain things got changed for the worse, but plenty of stuff got changed for the better too. But you don't play the game anymore, by your own admission, so you wouldn't know that.

And if you ask me, the game is far better off without someone like you in it.

Tweek516 and Varthas like this.
  9. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

You are the only "veteran" that has complained about literally everything in your faction. Also Euan is still a walking stat monster at 84 nora, high damage, a heal/cleanse, and a great ranged attack still. Stop complaining because you got worse, and the game evolved before you could catch up. Most of those decks you mentioned didn't make you good, but you exploited a specific combo that was very hard to counter, especially the earth golem flying one.

Archangel is still a tank beater by the way.

Varthas likes this.
  10. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

This is the truth, the game is very good as of right now.

11. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Promise?

12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

@Anotherblackman

I do agree though that Dwarven sergeant became way too expensive
    Silverclan tinkerer has a lot of bloat right now, personally I would like to see it lose craft and shatter and get something different. Granted the rune does have options to play it at different nora costs. Are you saying 70 nora is it's best ?

Ironfist does have other nora gen options, and the nora mines themselves are actually still quite decent, I think what made relics like this bad was seism, and other gloabl relic killing spells, but we had to counter fw relics sitting 50 spaces away behind shrines somehow.

If overall you believe certain themes have been drastically nerfed, I would agree about that. Most ironfist themes look good on paper, but I have always found iron fist lacking to a certain degree. Ironfist used to have awesome options for tanks, again this didn't change, but the meta did. Almost every damage ability now ignores defense which in my opinion crippled many many themes, on top of this healing was also nerfed which again was something ironfist was good at. Healing needed nerfed, however that in combo with the defense nerfs, and constant release of damage avoiding moves and more of them on each unit made ironfist have a rough time.

In conclusion, pox had made a lot of super overpowered runes, to counter this, drastic nerfs were done, but they were done on such a large scale that it was hard to see the repercussions until later since pox has thousands of runes. Ironfist is definitely still powerful, but they play drastically different to how they used to be played.

Hope this was more constructive than my previous post, but you kinda did start rambling. I always get on veterans for crap talking the player base and new players, I don't exactly want to be a hypocrite.

13. noshua

noshua The King of Potatoes

It feels pretty solid to me, especially knowing its actively getting updates.

14. Anotherblackman

Removed all that extra fluff to this immense point I was trying to make that whooshed over all of your heads...

1: why is the play base being tracked by a hobbyist
    2: Why didn’t you just post a number here? is it that smol like your pp(player points of course)
    3:Is it higher than 550 people on a (I’ll even lower the bar for these “numbers”) weekend? I know weekdays people wouldn’t load this up ever.
    4: Can I transfer my runes from my PC account to my PS4 since it’s apart of the Sony store... YET?!? IS THAT FINAlly a THING!?

15. Anotherblackman

@super71 You are full of Bane Shift in your first post so much you had to come out and save face.

“BTW Arch Angel is still a beater”

No Bane Shift sherlocks?!? Where is your address so I can send your magnifying glass pipe and hat!

my point was that in FAVOR of making it the same as 90 other champions in its spot what it got going for it now? “Oh it has some Itonfist ability!” “Oh it can fly” “oh it a paladin!”

no none of that is useful unless you put it in a deck, and somehow pull it off along with your other 20 beaters, with no AP generation allowed cause ISisOP.

No... not like it being immortal, was it’s main appeal to anyone with a brain. It was the only champion that could eat 5 Essenes drains, and soul reaver and soul reaves, dooms, retribution’s, hammer strikes, you get the point. “Oh Euan is great at 84 nora! Listen to me tell you what’s great!” I’m telling you I had a champion that filled that role easy by being what he currently is, except when he used to die, it used to not matter if FS drowned him.

If your opponent spent Nora to kill her she was worth it in a tactical sense because she had no cool down. I can’t believe I’m explaining the power of immortality. You guys must think Lich King is crazy strong these days.

But nothing compares to this game sense like vielwalker.
    If this champion deserved to lose cast : despoil then any champion with dead eater, soul collection, with those both, should have been overnerfed on purpose because those would trigger before this ability meaning I would get no nora...

but nora globes from me playing better than my opponents aside the real key for this champion period, was the on demand DMZ... the best form of spell shielding in the game.

You wanted to make Jangar Arcanist a passive unit!?! You should have made vielwalker one.

Cast despoil
    Add hex

those two being on this champion alone is all we needed. Nope instead i gotta play some 80 nora glass cannon with 40 hp. Even if it has that trash ability, dmz strike or whatever it again, like archangel, a skeleton with the wrong parts added to the body, of its self.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2021
  16. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

1. Because I currently am the one pushing the game mildly forward together with Cortices' aid.
    2. Because the number fluctuates - the concurrent amount of players is no higher than 40 but daily total unique logins go to as high as 350 a day during weekdays, 600 on weekends. However, most of these people play PvE and not PvP.
    3. See above.
    4. That's been a thing since the beginning of the PS4 client.

Angels have access to resurrection and a lot of AP generation, just so you know. IS as a whole right now has a fair share of AP generation - Ironfist Minister, Carrier Squire, Poxtoberfest Beermaiden, Battle Matron and Attendant Squire are all fairly commonplace in all IS decks.

Archangel of Al'mara still remains the same threat you describe her to be, by the way.

Tweek516 likes this.
  17. Anotherblackman

40 people!?!

and y’all got nerve to tell me to stay away...

Poxnora yes men destroyed this game hypothesis complete. I’m out.

mans BTW, No Bane Shift about the Ps4 thing... I’m saying is if they wanted to actually make a game people wanted to play , they shouldn’t have ever done that, or Atleast finished it

but because I, a player who played actively in the top percentage( I was rank 1 with over 550 players, on top of those players being amazing) has the ability to see this for what it was the moment they started needing to nerf anything I played because I was actually trying to find fun in a game that was dominated by tree decks, elf decks, slag decks, Cheap “65 nora formula algorithm ” decks all while playing the same Bane Shift that was tried and true only for my staples to be nerfed

hammer strike super op man, same with RD, Terrain stabilizer, mark of redemption, RD, Desperate heal, Preist Of Valdac(78 nora lmao), Blink was destroyed to never allow you to play around the blink again... but leave vortex as is.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

19. Mirior

Mirior The King of Potatoes

You're tanking whatever credibility you're claiming to have real quickly. If I'm playing against you, and I use Essence Drain or whatever to kill three melee beaters over the course of a few turns, I don't care in the slightest whether those three champs were all Archangels with no cooldown, or three different melee beaters, or two Archangels and a third champ because that second Archangel doesn't go on cooldown when the first one dies. Immortality on a Lich King is maybe worth a couple of Nora, because I'm running a risk of overextending myself to deal with an 8 range champion, and I may not be able to recover enough to repeat the process. Immortality on a generic melee beater just means my opponent is wasting 3 Nora on a sandbag.

If you cared about supporting your arguments, you might have noticed that there are no champions with both Dead Eater and Soul Collection, and the one champ that still has Soul Collection has been nerfed to the point of uselessness. Power level is down across the board; complaining only about IS being nerfed just tells me that you haven't looked at anything in the game outside of IS.

20. nepyonisdead

nepyonisdead I need me some PIE!

With all due respect,

You may (emphasis is on may) be right about some IS runes and about the faction being slightly weaker than the rest however instead of pointing out issues and weak runes you could try suggesting ways to buff them without breaking the game. I remind you that there was a time where bastion could double tap kill anything with combo devastate and when excavator took all your fonts in 2 turns while letting you cross the map with free relics. I could type 10 essays on how some UD runes got completely destroyed from 5 years ago to the more recent expansions but that wont help the faction. So please more constructive criticism or not at all (its your right to vent out ur frustration but it wont get you the result you expect.)

Also I dont quite understand the purpose of posting these rants if you are so adamant about not playing the game then why bother wasting your time typing about it, anyways man I do hope you come back to the game but I also hope you accept that the first step to getting IS buffed is stop mentioning problems and start suggesting solutions ((viable ones that wont break the game))

Tweek516 likes this.