Aspect of Chaos - Attack Charged 0_o?

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Sirius, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

So uh...yeah, Apect of Chaos has 0 damage, no basic attack and is Unequipable, yet it has Attack Charged in the upgrade path 1. As cool as using Circadian Arcanist's Mirefolk Transcendence with a 1 nora cheaper Peak Tactic'd Aspect may be, I suspect this is an oversight. Or at least a really bad upgrade choice.

EDIT: I posted this here so it could go through the player council and to the devs, but that seems like a waste of time for quite a simple matter, so I'll just point @Senshu to it.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  2. Sirius

Propagate Charges + Remove Charge could be a place to start; not necessarily all on him, but available and playable with him. Probably requires a more significant rework though.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

In the current meta, spell charged 2 might be worth it. Same nora cost as supercharged 1. It would benefit you if your opponent spell spams, but hurt if they don't cast. Maybe even spell charged 3 for +1.

Heal Charged could be abused if a BG was designed around it.

Death Charged, Deploy Charged, or Violence Charged would all be too much.

Abuse Charged, Attack Charged, or Race Charged would all be too little.

4. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

He used to have chain lightning

5. Sirius

If no other way of charging up works for him, then nothing else will ever be chosen/given as an option, so it makes sense that Supercharged goes to base. Then you can make one of the upgrades ranks of Electricity Aura and Chain Lightning and you have a free upgrade path, which can be filled with abilities that move charges around or something else entirely.

TheBulwark likes this.
  6. Sirius

Well, I'd have liked to see Propagate Charges+ Remove Charge on him (flavor justification? well, "Propagating Chaos" sounds very cool). He still only gains 1 Charge per turn but in order to gain them he has to take them from someone else. Also, he can give others some charges; post-revamp charge decks need some support.
    IF Charge Runes were already a viable thing, then I'd consider it fine for him to receive Remove Charge instead of Attack Charged as the cheaper upgrade option, with no other changes.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2014
  7. Sirius

It is indeed not an urgent thing, it can be delayed for as long as it takes to fix the more relevant stuff, imo. I just pointed it out in case it wasn't known/as a reminder.

Also noted, I might bring the Charge theme to General sometime.

8. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Add Charge currently does not exist in the game for some reason (according to the last time I looked at PoxBase).

9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

It seems like the alternative to supercharged should allow faster charge generation for higher risk. Two options might be: (1) to award charges each time the champion does damage w/ electricity aura to an opposing champion (i.e. it's higher risk because it would have to move in closer; this is probably difficult to implement because it would have to distinguish between electricity aura but not eternal storm and it could be used (abused?) with friendly champs); or (2) to allow aspect of chaos to drain ap/hp from a friendly champ and convert it into charges (although this might encourage too much turtling--maybe drain it's own ap/hp?).

Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  10. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Abuse Charged 2.

Done.

11. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Aaaaaand...
    Now he has Channel: Damage?
    wut

allyorbase likes this.
  12. allyorbase

allyorbase I need me some PIE!

Don't worry: three patches from now, it'll get replaced with Surge: Bird.

13. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

why not give him charged 1 or 2?

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

Brb, creating another three threads.