Aspect of Chaos

Discussion in 'Shattered Peaks' started by Netherzen, Oct 13, 2015.

1. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Is there any way to viably use him?I guess by building a bg around him.
    Is there any way to gather charges faster?I dont mind using him in a split bg if there is a way.
    I seen few tricks with him,ionization can give him basic attack(or that ST spirit with wishes).And spell zealotry can give him hunter,which makes all his aoes do 50 percent more damage.

2. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

Personally, I always thought that Aspect of Chaos was never a good strategic choice for SP, expect in 2x2s. He's a pretty big tempo hit, and one of SP's biggest strengths is the ability to have an advantage in champions on the board early on, which translates into a nora advantage by capturing and contesting fonts. Plus, we have a great set of relics that functionally operate as damage dealing spells, so we can use those to eliminate champions and also contest fonts, whereas other factions mainly have spell-based sources of mid-game damage. He's an even bigger tempo hit these days because of his cost, so in order to be usable, I think his cost would have to come down pretty significantly.

Here's a couple of options: (1) Remove Soul Siphon; increase HP to 50. This helps to curtail his end-game potential, while making him a bit safer in mid game. Plus, the damage boost from soul siphon is largely wasted. (2) Remove charged and supercharged, and give him the option of death charged 2. This will help accumulate charges a bit faster, while being weaker for his first few turns. Given that his survivability won't reach astounding levels w/ soul siphon turtling, I think we can allow him to accumulate charges a bit faster. If necessary, remove flight and electric aura to reduce his price further. He'd be a one trick pony at that point, but he might be runnable.

3. Ifem21

Ifem21 The King of Potatoes

Charge mechanics in general needs an overview, the Aspects got hitten pretty hard when they changed it. AoC and AoG, for example are great tempo hits, and demmand too much time to be effective.

4. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

One way to fix this issue would be to give each "charge" champion as passive ability: "For each space moved, champion loses X charges." Alternatively, this could be paired with: Champion gains X charges per turn.