Attack on Titan

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Monroid, Mar 3, 2014.

1. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

Has anyone been watching this?

I'm not really into anime, but after I saw a video in the PBS Idea Channel, I kinda got myself hypped up, and that's all I have to say about this series. It is hypped up.

You get around the first five to ten episodes with every bit of expectation building up, and then it all goes downhill with fillers.

Seriously, I was already expecting the characters to be flying ninjas that die all the time and occasionaly kill a titan, but 10-minutes long inner dialogues, and full episode flashbacks that lead nowhere. It's just BS.

Recently I saw the news for this episode that had a talking titan. I skipped to the last eight minutes, and tell you what, the other 20 that I skipped made no difference whatsoever in the development of the show.

2. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

I don't know, it wasn't so much filler as it did slow a bit in the development, but that was somewhat planned. The Anime stopped in kind of an awkward spot, so I do hope that they finished it.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I stopped after 4-5 episodes. Never understood the hype. I have been thoroughly enjoying Log Horizon however.

4. KTCAOP

I have enjoyed Log Horizon as well.

Though my favorite picks still remain.

I really enjoyed the Monogatari series though (it starts with bakemonogatari), though it's not really an action piece XD.

The Intros are really fun and intense though

soulmilk likes this.
  5. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

ive never rea;;y giving attack on titan a chance I guess this supports my decision

6. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

I like the manga for AoT better than the anime. The anime mostly is there for great graphics.

But yeah, Log Horizon is pretty good. So is Pilot's Love Song.

7. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

The Monogatari Series is my favorite anime. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    I've read most of the manga of AoT, but been on a break from it for around 1 and a half year.
    I haven't watched the anime so I don't know if it have fillers. (seeing as how many episodes it have though, it probably have too many.)

8. KTCAOP

Another thing about Attack on Titan… is this awesome fan video. Seriously. Awesome.

First watch the first video which is the intro to Attack on Titan.

Then watch the second video.

Then try to sync them together.

Then be amazed at this fan created work.

soulmilk likes this.
  9. Xinde

Xinde Devotee of the Blood Owl

Oh yeah, SnK Opening Parodies are the best.

10. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Wh-what? I've never met anyone that didn't like AoT. Wtf is wrong with you guys?

11. KTCAOP

It does stall really hard and slow down a bit =P. It's a slow build to the end, but some people don't like that and just want action always =P

12. Monroid

Monroid I need me some PIE!

Do you really want to call a full three minutes of Military Police pointing a gun to that blond captain guy saying things like: "Do not hesitate, I will shoot you, speak now or I will shoot you I swear to god! Why aren't you speaking? I demand you to speak now, he won't speak! He won't speak! Speak now you Firker I will shoot you, I don't care if you're many ranks above me, I will shoot you!" as "slow build"?

I'm not a teenager action freak that has Transformers for his breakfast everyday. I do think character development is important, but the way they grind a full episode with the same frames repeating over and over again with the same inner dialogue and all that BS... come on, it gets you stressed at some point.

13. Valkyr

Valkyr The King of Potatoes

For those who liked Log Horizon and don't know about it, go watch the first part of Sword Art Online (you could also go on and watch the second part of course since you liked log horizon...).

14. KTCAOP

I think most of us have already watched SAO, but yeah, those two are similar, though have enough differences to really set them apart. The .hack// universe still has a really special place in my heart though and is my favorite of these types of series.