Attempt at a SL Meta PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Sundered Lands' started by fattyy2k, Jan 22, 2016.

1. fattyy2k

fattyy2k I need me some PIE!

2. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Needs more gattling guns :p

3. fattyy2k

Lol You don't think two champs dropping them is enough? I don't really wanna be that defensive

Kampel likes this.
  4. Aghatoor

Aghatoor I need me some PIE!

Add skeezick furnace, great relic counter without magnetize

5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not gonna lie, that bg looks damn awful.

I'm not sure what I'd run in a no-spell bg, because I greatly dislike them in SL, so I don't wanna bother getting into specifics. But you're running too much trash champs and non-champs. Are you dead set on the no spell thing?

6. fattyy2k

Oh heck no I just have no idea what a SL meta BG would look like. Plz give as many ideas and suggestions as possible

7. fattyy2k

The only thing I am dead set on is using the enigma :p

8. Aghatoor

https://poxbase.com/deck/cllCvKczZc63czhCiLc4UChKcpWcx_ckNsasjs84s7us8_s1HsHR37r2qr2IrPe1le3Y

This is what i'm trying now, ofc empty spaces are for enigmas. I just made 4 ranked, with 3 win (loosing against those op witches) and i hope i could make a longer winning streak. However, there are some slots i'm Not sure: taint is not that usefull without many dragonkinn, But that regen is great on blackguards. The acid dartwing would be a bolter, just lack of it, but also the bug is so good. Finally, i'd like to have one more hard beater, thinking about kanen slipped (a little to squishy maybe) or angel of war (melee spec + aerial sup). What do u think about it? :)

9. Glaring

Glaring I need me some PIE!

need some Myx sandsnipes or skeez cannoneers for good stuffs, both are intense rangers

10. Aghatoor

Yeah i lack a little range options, i have some trouble if i don't deploy fabricators soon, i miss those rifles. I will try them out, even if i can't decide who is better. Then i realized that i don't like that much hunchback without indignation, just few damage for him, maybe i'll try something bigger on him (akakios, vindrax or dreadnouth). Finally i'd like to try also the totem of the fallen, one more skeezick with aoe damage, heal, blind end majestic 2.

EDIT: this is what i'd like to try, whem i get the angel amd the second bolter i'll try it out
    https://poxbase.com/deck/ckHCvKc63c7XczhCiLChKCpWc41cx_ckNsasjs84s7us8_sHR37r2qr2IrPe1le3Y

Last edited: Jan 27, 2016
  11. fattyy2k

12. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I think you have a lot of random crap thrown together, even metas often work around synergies - just the synergies which are currently top tier.

Fx I don't understand why you have skeez filcher and trigger in, they're a dubious include in skeez, not alone in meta.

Priest of fury is pretty random too, definitely not the "best" sl range.

2x indignation doesn't work well if you don't have punish + sapping armour.

The game has been gearing towards themes over meta, so unless something is so powerful that you can slap anything on it and it will work, the best themes are going to be current "meta".

13. fattyy2k

basically I picked runes off of function. Filcher is stealth, trigger is anti relic. Indignation is one of May fav equips for front liners. The biggest thing for it is the ap drain. Though now that I think about it hunchback could be better than Tardigrade with it. Priest is dispell/cleanse.

Everything else is just picking runes that are good at what they do and the BG brings a lot of tools to the table

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

You don't have that much damage from units, so unless you get valdac up first (with augment) and the map and draws actually allow you to do it, But valdac gets 1v1ed by most dedicated bruisers/damage units so I can't see how you can keep the font with that. I think you will just get outtanked/outdamaged by decks with actual synergy. How are you planning to use priest for cleanse anyway? Firestorm your own dudes?

Don't use skeez filcher for stealth, he is terrible. If your opponent is clever, there is no way you can use that 60 nora effectively. He has 7 dmg ffs. In general you have a ton of 43-48 hp units with 0 to 1 def, 2 attacks + aoe usually kills them and you have very few ways to buff up your own dudes -> rage band would probably be better than indignation, but i don't think it would save this deck. Tardigrade is a good tank, but it's damage is non existant, you can't really use it for much apart from holding a font.

I suppose that imperator brings some damage but he is kind of hit or miss and costs 80 nora. The only unit which I would consider "meta" in your bg is pretty much krikkin alpha -> still a well rounded tank that can hit stuff at range and flies. Stuff like locust, skeezicks, priest of fury and indignation belong in different decks. Not a big fan of standard or lasher helm either. You're also super vulnerable to cleanse, since you have a ton of disables but poor stats on champs in general.

It seems you are dead set on the bg, so I'm not gonna stop you playing it, I just can't see it being particularly good. Do tell me if i'm wrong, though.