Avarice

Discussion in 'Underdepths' started by badgerale, Aug 1, 2016.

1. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

So this has temporarily been hotfixed to 50nora. It may get a redesign in the near future.

How are people feeling about it as it is? Worth running at 50 nora? in all decks?

edit: new version is:

35 nora - equipped champion gains manic. If equipped on a non-imp it has -4 damage and -1 speed.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  2. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

yea, spot manic is still OP and gluttony offsets the -speed so there is no real drawback

poinl and SPiEkY like this.
  3. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

I'm really pi**ed of that for the n-th time a bad designed rune go directly from hero to zero. And there is no point in discuss about a lazy change.

4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Dunno about 2x auto at 50 nora, I still think it is, but it's definitely still 1x auto in nearly all decks

5. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

I've been running 2x in a Gobbo deck and using them on the king or a gloombringer. Or as needed elsewhere. I reckon I'd still run two.

In my meta BG I'd run two for the Ireguards.

So I guess I'd still run two.

Still can't beat a well played worms deck though...

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Humm, ok.
    I'm really struggling to stay positive, polite and all, but since this rune is too OP for me to handle it nicely, and it really hanst been fixed yet, I will just quote this:

Summons my thoughts 100%.

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  7. Fentum

Agreed. But it's kinda cool in a way for old UD to get something mental for a while.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Flavor-wise, it is sooooooooo UD.

Fentum likes this.
  9. Fentum

Perhaps it should be more akin to the Helm of Chaos where the champ loses HP each turn, as well as speed? Bezerk frenzy style

newsbuff likes this.
  10. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Still x1 for sure. It's probably still x2, we'll see.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. Fentum

Still 2x. Just checked.

12. Theoutcast

Theoutcast Member

Worthless rune now..not worth running x1

13. Fentum

X1 is ok

14. vipoid

vipoid I need me some PIE!

It looks absolutely abysmal now.

So, I'm paying 35 nora just to gain Manic. This in itself is dubious enough, especially given that (in my experience at least) the AI has a tendency to just bugger up completely. Sometimes Manic champions don't move at all (even when an enemy is just 1-2 spaces away), other times they seem to move in the least logical way possible. At the very least, it's not exactly a bargain to begin with.

But then it gets better - if I don't put it on an Imp, the champion also gets -4 DMG and -1 SPD. Seriously? Why would I ever include this?

15. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I still love it

Fentum likes this.
  16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Manic movement is logical. Just use the Appendix 1 chart on page 15 of the complete rules. This is stickied in General Discussion.

Fentum and SPiEkY like this.
  17. Fentum

X1 is still fine in FF. Useful on Ireguards and others. Thematic.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Very disappointing rune. Not that it got nerfed to hell...but the fact its IMP ONLY is garbage. WTF is the point. So to play with new runes I have to run that specific theme. Garbage.

19. Fentum

That's actually a fair point. Now, if it had been GOBLINS, then all would have been well...

20. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Agreed. That being said I am not a fan of theme only items/spells that arent theme specific. Manic is not a goblin/imp thing. Now a good example of a GREAT thematic rune is blast doors for taurs, or the portal relic. These are theme specific runes that make sense.