Avg Rune cost

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Varthas, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Varthas

Varthas I need me some PIE!

How does it work?

Let me explain: My deck has a avg rune cost of 64. So i thought i wanted to make it cheaper and removed a champion rune with cost 90(Bane Shift Serkan), and added a champion rune with cost 82. And now it say i have a average rune cost at 66.

I thought the average cost was supposed to go down if i swapped a rune for a less expensive one.

And the same happened in another deck, i removed two runes that cost 73, and added two runes that cost 65, and the average rune cost went up.

What am i missing?

And does it matter the average rune cost? Mine are usually around mid 60`s, i know i have one at 58, but none at above 70. But since the average cost seem`s to have gone yolo and doesn`t appear to follow mathematics i`m not sure anymore.

2. Vash Dragneel

Vash Dragneel I need me some PIE!

It doesn't work properly, or at least that's what I've heard

3. Varthas

Ok that makes sense, thanks.

4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

I think split runes generate problems with that calculation

5. Varthas

Allright it makes even more sense because i replaced two FF for two split ones. I`ll stop thinking about the average cost from now on.

6. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

If you ever need help with bg building, feel free to ask around. the Discord is far more active than the forums atm.

7. Bushido

Bushido Devotee of the Blood Owl

Avg cost doesn't matter, you need to consider your draw curves and draw chances more on runes that gen ap and nora / value over time, as well as front loaded hyper efficent tempo runes to play early on.

8. Varthas

Thanks i`m considering it, my decks are just midfield fun and there is no particular end game planned in them, i`ll see a lot of really strong decks out there but it also takes a higher skill to use them.

9. Varthas

Right i`ll drop the avg cost philosophy and think more practical. Deck is kinda working i just need more games with it.