Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

It has to do with deck design. If damaging spells receive more reduction then people will stop including them meaning the IS bonus will effect fewer runes in an opponents deck than they do now.

That being said the reduction isn't the issue. The issue is games played that your opponent doesn't run or need to use spell damaging runes to gain an advantage. Also the number or runes in a deck effected by the bonus is an issue as well.

You can jack the number up to -10 -5 or even -30 -15 if you want to. All that will happen is more people will rune fewer and fewer spells effected by the bonus. Its already an abysmally low number of runes per deck on average affected by the IS bonus. Making the damage reduction stronger will only further reduce that number. The bonus needs to be changed so a larger number of runes in a deck are effected by the bonus while at the same time not discouraging those runes from being included in decks.

That's why I suggested a change to -4 -2 and a +20% +10% to opponents spell cost. This way all spells cast will be effected increasing the number of runes effected by the bonus as well as not so heavily penalize aoe's from being included and used in decks. This suggestion was before the nerf to the IS font bonus. Now that the IS font bonus is going to be gutted it makes sense to give IS a mid tear FF bonus more inline with other factions bonuses.

Also FW is keeping its font bonus making it the strongest in the game. Not sure why FW should get a stronger FF bonus when its retaining its font bonus. A lateral change for FW makes sense if the bonus is boring but a stronger one isn't needed.

Explain to me how the statement I replied to was constructive in any way? I'll quote it for you since you seem to require that sort of thing.

You think people should reply constructively to trolling?

Jesus Crist man. Go see a doctor. There is something wrong with your melon.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  2. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

But if you did post constructively you are an idoit for not coming back. If you comeback you are a moron for trolling/flaming.

Its funny how these nerds roll out bait half the time and its usually nothing more than blind rage driving their ******** comments.

IF you generalize a whole guild, you can S@%k a D**%. Just shows you are some elitist ass wipe that joined the "cool peoples" guild that switches what ever 2-3 months and think you have rights to call not just a singular player, but an entire games sub-organization, names because its "in" this month.

Yet, we are the blind zealots, and the ones that can't be reasoned with.

Seriously tho #Hop%%%Y F'off

Last edited: Dec 28, 2014
  3. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

Ok now i have a pc again without a stupid corrector.

I was thinking more about aoe dmg in general, from relics, spells and abilities (like bombs and cones). Do you think there is a space to redece dmg from aoe instead from spells only?

4. Dresnar20365988

That would make the bonus matter and do what it was intended to do.

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

If Combat Awareness can make something immune to AoEs I suspect it could be similarly coded to reduce AoE damage.

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Reductions are easy to code. Evasives, tough. They just check a damage type, if true, process the reduction.

7. Dresnar20365988

Some one explain this one to me.

Magic Ice falling on you, its slows you and leaves ice on the ground, yep lets reduce that.

Magic Stone falling on you, yep lets reduce that.

Earth quakes under you, yep lets reduce that.

Lightning and hammer falling out of the sky on you, yep lets reduce that.

Thorns, and all kinds of magicy stuff falling from the sky on you, yep lets reduce that.

Sand, Tornados, Fire and Acid raining out of the sky on you, yep lets reduce that.

God dam magic poison? Magic muther fukin magic poison? Naw man. Naw. We cant reduce that Godt dammed fukin magic poison!! That is the real Bane Shift yo~!

Really?

Anyway reducing all AOE damage to include relics, equips and abilities as well as spells would give IS a real bonus. My only issue with that is that it penalizes that style of play to the point that people may not include it. If that happens were right back to the same issue of people not running those runes in their decks giving IS a very tilted game vs those types of decks.

I used to run a bg based on AOE's that was fun even though not that effective. It was IS/SL split with mostly bomb champs, the IS relic that reduced ability costs (which never worked right), and impervious granting champs. It was fun. A six damage reduction to everything that deck had to offer would never let it see play again.

This type of bonus would be very good indeed. It would be a fair compensation for a much weaker font bonus. Even if it lessened the amount of runes that had those abilities in opponents decks IS would be more able to play phalanx style bg's.

That being said is that what we want IS to offer? Should IS be optimized to be best played phalanx style? We have many different themes in IS now, not all of them are designed to benefit from being played phalanx style. Wings in particular don't benefit from a phalanx play style.

I'm not saying this wouldn't be a good bonus. I'm just saying maybe something that had a more diverse effect across all styles of play offered by IS would be a better option.

Here is another suggestion. We get a different FF bonus for IS. Something that is more general to all the styles of play offered by IS. Whatever that bonus is how about IS take the SP font bonus? SP gets the no relic bonus? SP = Shattered Peaks, hard to build a relic on a shattered peak now isn't it. IS camping on a font now having spell reduction is much more thematic for the faction.

So IS trades font bonuses with SP. IS gets something to be determined that effects more runes in an IS deck and we scrap the original FF IS bonus?

Just some ideas anyway.

8. JaceDragon

Re desing wings to be more phalanx style, because all other themes are phalanx style:

Strux, trolls, pally, drunken.
    So i don't see any reason why we shouldn't go in this direction.
    Dwarven aren't a real real theme.

However maybe i'm just too bad and stupid, but i would give a try to the new font bonus, no oppo relic in font mean they can contest only with champs, and in some situation this could be a risk for the oppo, a big risk.

9. Dresnar20365988

I could live with a real IS bonus that reduces ALL AOE damage to include Spells, abilities, and relics. Please fix poison clouds first tick of damage in that as well. Also the thunderhead totem. F SP and their BS relics.

10. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

This is how is be for real though.

just saying

11. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

I have yet to hear ANYONE call dresnar an idiot, can't say the same about you though. and I'm not trying to talk sh!t just stating the obvious part that you calling him an idiot is simply because what he said made sense and is accurate, in fact EVERYONE knows how you react when proven wrong. ;)

12. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Gatling Gun 25 N
    5 Dmg per turn to random enemy

Celestial Spear 30 N
    8 Dmg AoE 4 + 4 Dmg per ranged attack

Deploy Gatling Gun 15 N - CD 4
    Call: Celestial Spear 8 N - CD 4

Please make it fair.

13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Pricing aside you also have to remember that Call: Spear can only be deployed adjacent to the champion and it is only on a ranged champion. If your rune is close enough and has enough AP to use the ability and have it hit more than 2 enemies your opponent is playing wrong. That girl should be dead. 9 times out of 10 it is simply more effective to auto-attack.

Gattling Gun continues to deal 10 damage per round afterwards. 9 times out of 10 it is in the interest of the skeezick to deploy the gatling gun.

14. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- no one uses either as a relic is worth noting

15. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Does anyone even run Celestial Spear on her anymore?

16. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Uh, what? The other one is on a champion without a basic attack, and the range of deployment is, guess what?

1 square.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think he was trying to mention how Machinist tends to be behind enemy lines or up in their faces more often than NCP.

Regardless, I didn't know the prices were that different and I could see Spear going up in cost.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Agreed the pricing could use some equalizing though I would prefer to see Gattling Gun go down in price over Spear going up. Priestess is in a pretty nice spot balance wise. (Disclaimer: I havnt played in about a month but considering the lack of balance patches I can not imagine the meta shifting so far to skew my opinion)

Sealer0 and Cydna like this.
  19. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Man, people in this thread be mad.

Something Something buff Herder.

20. JaceDragon

Cleansing flame is -2 nora. And that's all.