Axeraiser's Council Chamber.

Discussion in 'Ironfist Stronghold' started by Axeraiser, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Sigh, I will go out of my way and count all the 7 and 6 speeders IS has just for you.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

By my count, there are 30 champs that are 5 speed or lower in IS. There are 25 Seven Speed or higher champs, with the rest being 6.

I also didn't take into account things like Berserker and Opportunistic as I'm far too lazy. Getting the font bonus changed would help get some of these 5ers to become 6ers.

3. Nora That

Nora That I need me some PIE!

1st off the 7 spd champs you speak of can hardly be played with exception of like 5-6 and are seen in every bandwaggoners bg, meaning it restricts us to only play those few and that gets old and boring quickly, IS has it's font bonmus for a reason and needs to remain.

4. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you'd like I can go through every other faction and make that same claim that the same 5-6 Seven Speeders are useable.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Something should be done about Grintmaw Bouncer and Dwarven Hooligan. Personally, I think Bouncer should get nerfed/changed first. If Gedden is still doing the 5 runes per faction, I think Fist of Bastion and Grintmaw Bouncer should definitely be 2 of the next 5.

Sirius likes this.
  6. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

That's the thing though. There are supposed to be 5ers. Things like Warcry, Drive ect were supposed to help with the slow push of IS playstyle. There were to be extremely few if any 7's in IS. Everyone is wanting the Font bonus changed with no regards to the factions playstyle. I agree the 1ap is too much, but it is only too much because it is not only affecting who it should be. The +1ap was to make the first few rounds on par with other factions so they can still get their fonts on time. There should be a cap that only triggers on 6 or lower, and all the 7 speeders should be relooked at.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2014
  7. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

The issue you speak of regarding the usable rune pool was not and will not be fixed by the font bonus. Players still play what they perceive is the best. The bonus just makes the "best" better.

8. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

I agree with fist, but bouncer? I didn't play, it's just a question cuz on paper i don't see anything wrong compared to other undercosted runes

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That's the thing he's far too undercosted. Of course the other factions should be fixing their undercosted s*** (KF), but ehh might as well as nerf some of ours so we can get more buffs.

10. JaceDragon

JaceDragon I need me some PIE!

ah ok, what's nore cost are you thinking about? I though something around 75-80 max cuz over 80 he will never see the light

11. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I'll get back to you on that one, but 80 sounds good.

12. Nora That

if that's the case what's KF doing with warcry?

13. Nora That

Axeraiser, I'm seeing a big pattern of spells being cast on the main IS champs (no surprise) but what about bringing back despoil to veilwalker so my bastion the avenger or dwarven king dont get one rounded almost every time?

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Probably won't happen seeing as Veilwalker is good as is.

15. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

KF Shouldn't have War Cry they were meant to be the Speed, and passive gimmick faction. Charm, Pacified, Metamorphasis, Polymorph, They use their internal synergy to boost. Not rampage. They were to pick select targets. (Mostly melee beaters) CC them any way they could, and use their archers to take out key runes from the enemies bg.

KF has also gotten away from their main-play style. Much like how UD once had quite a bit of range in what was meant to be a range gimped faction they were "reset." Others need it too. However that was not the main point of this conversation. So I didn't bother bringing it up, and only stated that the IS font bonus is working as intented. Unfortunatly, the IS faction overall has too many 7 spds now, making it abusive.

Even still, as Covah well put in another thread. It's not limited to just IS. You can split, and have other factions champs get +1ap as well.

That is why I suggested a change to make it only work on 6, and lower speed champs. As that is what it was meant for in the first place. IS was slow. Slow as Firk. This was to enable them to get on their font roughly at the same speed as another factions. It was a small, but meaningful bump for them. Changing this means we have to relook the factions speed as a whole. As it was a Build up, slow push, stomp what ever gets in the way faction. The IS Faction Bonus of - 6 spell damage, was to protect against grouping. So while you were near a War Cry, while you were near a Battle Master, while you were near a Drive ect.... you wouldn't die from ST, and KF spell spamming days.

With maps being re looked, at and making fonts more fair. This is starting to become a bigger, and bigger issue of +1ap. Soon we will hear a riot of Nerf KF bonus threads. The decision made in this thread, amoungst IS, is the start of something much bigger for AP gen as a whole.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2014
    JaceDragon likes this.
  16. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

This is my exact problem with the game in current form. People are over here ramping Faction flavors and blah blah blah but the greens themselves don't even follow this flavor. KF being the fastest rush faction on base due to faction bonuses, cheap champions and ap generation on top of that, It makes me just get pissed at the fact that IS, the faction of the slowest building and moving phalanx is being viewed as some over bearing rush faction.

They have a teleporting Relocate enemy champion for the low. That can turn a rush into a two turn stale mate for you and a perfect positioned kill for them, that btw includes warcry, invigorate or something really dumb like AA.

I wish I had for a moments notice a dang champion that had relocate ally in IS, much less a got damn relocate foe.

Anyways point im making, If you want to actually effect the blind map rush, go after the factions that abuse it way more blatantly than IS, who barely scrapes by due to their defensive power and bonus early.

17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Ehh, I wouldn't say IS barely scrapes by. Ask @badgerale if IS is player scraping by...

But IS is a pretty rush orientated faction. Sure we can be slow if we decide to be.

Like I don't mean to call you out cause you're my homie, but dude you blindly defend IS and then you try to down play us.

18. Nora That

Covah you saying that IS is a rush oriented faction could not be further from the truth, wtf are you smoking and can i have 2 of whatever it is

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Really depends on draws. If you can get something fast and tanky (Like Archangel before that Markoth guy screwed her up ;)) into the opponents font early we have the support spells to make a rush work. Stuff like Impervious, RD, Blink, Tales of Valor, etc. all play towards making something damned near impossible to get rid of. Generally it wont be the most effective strategy but when the draws align, few factions can play the rush better.

For a rush to work you really need to calculate resource denial vs the cost of denying said resouce. The reason factions like KF are so good at the rush is that they are fast and cheap. They may only contest a font 1-2 turns but they barely have to expend resources to do so. IS can contest anything we want for pretty much as long as we want but it is very costly to do so.

20. Nora That

but that's the thing for 1 the champ itself is expensive and then you need to mantain him there meaning no nora to summon other champs while you do that the opponent has 3-1 champs out and as far as contesting with impervious forever hardly, also as he waits for impervious which can be dispelled and all factions have some form of it, you end up behind and likely to lose the game, sure 1 in a 100 you may pull it off but to call the wqhole faction rush oriented is again far from the truth